Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Rigondeaux - Finally Go Face To Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    Not just the height advantage so much as the overall perceived size/strength advantage. The size advantage is visually evident & the fact that Rigo is coming up 2 weight classes, really makes it seem like he will be the weaker of the two. Mike was shorter than most of his opponents, but he was a solid fireplug, with tremendous punching power.

Comment

What is next for Loma??? Juan Estrada.. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai ,,, Cuadras... when the opponent seems to be high level, Loma will fight them. at his weight... he wants no part on meeting in the middle. Loma should put a weight limit to rigo too. rigo cant weight more than 126 lbs on fight night>>>>

Comment

There looks to be less of a size difference between Loma and Bud than Loma and Rigo.

I like Rigo and will be rooting for him.

I think he is technically as good as Loma if not better in some things...

...but I just don't see him overcoming the size and age advantages.

Rigo's only chance is to walk Loma into shots and that will not be easy against a guy as cagey as Loma.

Comment

Limos dna sux? He will son the little man Rigo take Rigo 2//1 odds I will give easy $

Comment

Rigo is extremely skilled. the problem is that Loma is up there too. GREAT big fighter vs GREAT 2 Divisions smaller fighter.== big wins. no shat Sherlock!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              I think Loma is going to fight closer to how he fought in the Amateurs when he was a bit a Mike Tyson style fighter.

I reckon first few rounds could look competitive, with Rigo landing some counters and generally staying away, but after that the size difference will set in he will start to get to him. Rigo doesnt appear to be the most durable, nor is he that great on the inside. Once the fight gets close, the end will be pretty soon coming.

Im going mid rounds stoppage. Some time before the 9th.

Maybe Rigo can just get on his bike and survive, but im not even sure that would work for 12 rounds.
              Can see loma fighting like that but would he leave too many openings available against a sharp rigo early on? I agree with rigo not being great on the inside I noticed this in the ramos fight he smothered alot of his own punches on the inside.

Comment

If size is not a problem then why is there a weigh in clause for the same day?

Comment

Not surprised at all by the size difference. What did you guys expect? I called this fight a physical mismatch the day it was signed.

It actually could have looked worse if Rigo wasn't wearing a loose jacket and sneakers. Have him wear Loma's shirt and shoes and he would look even shorter and tinier... That first pic lol

Comment

Originally posted by Erik1984 View Post
                    What is next for Loma??? Juan Estrada.. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai ,,, Cuadras... when the opponent seems to be high level, Loma will fight them. at his weight... he wants no part on meeting in the middle. Loma should put a weight limit to rigo too. rigo cant weight more than 126 lbs on fight night>>>>
                    ******ed comment. rigo had a chance to fight him at 126 and backed out. casuals claiming loma was 'ducking' for months.

Comment

Rigo's boxing always based on his speed advantage. But Loma has at least the same speed as Rigo, but he is much bigger and younger. Vasyl is the clear favourite here.

Comment

Working...
                      X