Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Rigondeaux - Finally Go Face To Face!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I say if Rigo is killed enough then height and weight will play no factor

Comment

Size does matter. You can wear people down more, you can take better shots and there's also a factor of presence in that ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        I don't know why you guys think that. Rigo is an incredible fighter. This fight is a complete toss up. If anything happens you're not going to be surprised.
        Lomachenko is amazing too though. The list of disadvantages for Rigo coming in, the age, the weight, the inactivity, plus the fact he is fighting such a good opponent.

There are very few in history who have done that. If Rigo wins it would a historic win, but there is a reason those are so rare... its because they are fecking hard to do

Rooting for my man all the way. But just cant see it. Cant see how he is going to keep Loma off him. Cant see him moving for 12 rounds. Cant see him hurting Loma to head or body, even as clean and accurate as Rigo lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Lomachenko is amazing too though. The list of disadvantages for Rigo coming in, the age, the weight, the inactivity, plus the fact he is fighting such a good opponent.

There are very few in history who have done that. If Rigo wins it would a historic win, but there is a reason those are so rare... its because they are fecking hard to do

Rooting for my man all the way. But just cant see it. Cant see how he is going to keep Loma off him. Cant see him moving for 12 rounds. Cant see him hurting Loma to head or body, even as clean and accurate as Rigo lands.
          Lomachenko's a lot bigger and stronger. I can't see any way Rigo can win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            HW's are HW's. Tyson was 220lbs and a genetic freak.

This isnt just about height. Look at the size of Loma, his build. Rigo looks like a got damn bantamweight. I forgot how small he was even for a 122lber.

Im not changing my tune here btw incase anyone comes saying im making excuses. I have not called for this fight since Loma moved to 130, nor do I think the outcome has ever been in doubt since he moved up from 126. Even 126 was a big stretch to fight someone as good as Lomachenko
            Yeah good points. How do you see the fight going?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Lomachenko's a lot bigger and stronger. I can't see any way Rigo can win.
              I think you guys are crazy. In my mind Rigo is the favorite. I am pulling for Loma though.

Comment

Somebody check Loma's DNA! The kid has too much "swag" to be Eastern European! I laughed when I recently read Arum's statement that this fight is a clash between the Eastern European Style vs. the Cuban Style! Really Bob? Loma has more Ali/Mayweather in the ring than Terence Crawford!

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                  Not just the height advantage so much as the overall perceived size/strength advantage. The size advantage is visually evident & the fact that Rigo is coming up 2 weight classes, really makes it seem like he will be the weaker of the two. Mike was shorter than most of his opponents, but he was a solid fireplug, with tremendous punching power.
                  Yeah that makes sense. to be fair I didn't look into the size/weight too much as there both fighting at 130 and weighing in on the day of the fight. But you make good points I cant disagree. especially regarding mike.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                    Yeah good points. How do you see the fight going?
                    I think Loma is going to fight closer to how he fought in the Amateurs when he was a bit a Mike Tyson style fighter.

I reckon first few rounds could look competitive, with Rigo landing some counters and generally staying away, but after that the size difference will set in he will start to get to him. Rigo doesnt appear to be the most durable, nor is he that great on the inside. Once the fight gets close, the end will be pretty soon coming.

Im going mid rounds stoppage. Some time before the 9th.

Maybe Rigo can just get on his bike and survive, but im not even sure that would work for 12 rounds.

Comment

The size difference is very apparent and honestly it’s even worse than I thought, Rigondeaux will do extremely well not to lose in lopsided fashion. Could end up looking a bit like Crawford vs Gamboa, 2 really skilled guys but one just a lot bigger than the other.

I’ll be cheering for the upset but it’s a forlorn attempt in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X