Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter: If Up To Us, Canelo Rematch Would Be Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
    THat’s funny. But the reality is Lemieux and BjS are more staple names for the UK.

First of all, if it wasn’t for Lemieux’s Canadian HBO PPV buys, K2 wouldn’t have anything to brag about. Those were mostly Canadian buys.

Therefore, if Lemieux becomes Champion again, Canadian fever will rise again with the thought that he will defend against Caneo!!! It will be Canada’s biggest bout of the year. Expect Canelo ve Lemieux to easily hit 600K PPV. Lemieux is going against the young gun that Lil’G couldn’t dent. The hype and promo is there.

Second, BJS. Another good hit for Box Nation. It will be a Romani Gypsies fest toughest challenge, and because of pride, expect Warren to make a good effort to promote his side on UK hype. Canelo vs BJS does 350K PPV

Mexicani Thunder!!
    They will both do less than 500, boxing people know Lemiuex is GGG leftover.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
      Is that why Runelo didn't throw any punches at all?
      If Nelo didn’t throw any punches at all, then why is it import for you to always emphasize that Lil’G “outlanded” Nelo... lol.

Maxi, what happened to Diego Rodriguez? Those usual alts would flood my threads yet you magically showed up when they were put on blast ignore for racial slurs, still following my nuts later on? At least you gave up the racial trolling... kudos
      Last edited by Lester Tutor; 12-06-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        They will both do less than 500, boxing people know Lemiuex is GGG leftover.
        Actually Lemieux was Rubio leftovers many years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Canelo just made 20M and sold over 1M PPVs this year in a fight that had nothing to do with GGG. Ignoring Chavez and the other countless examples of big PPV sales on Canelo's resume and cherry picking his worst fight against Smith a dude who's never fought on US soil or on US TV and STILL it was on PPV and did 250-300K PPVs depending on the source you go by. GGG would cut off his nuts if he could do those numbers against anybody. GGG's did PPV did 97K-150K (depending on the source you go by) and slightly better then that his second PPV both fights against well known fighters who have headlined many HBO/Showtime cards in the US. Canelo fights anybody next who have headlined in the US before and does 500K minimum. And if you have the right opponent does 1M like we just saw with Chavez. GGG will NEVER see these type of numbers and K2 knows it. So they have no choice but to sit and wait. There is no debate on who is the draw here.
          How many Mexicans live in the US vs Kazak people? GGG can go to the UK and fight Saunders. Like he dis Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            ESPN literally just reports what the promoters tell them. But if we go by that then Canelo/Smith did 300K buys as reported by ESPN and others. Yet folks like yourself take "other" sources to lower Canelo's numbers but then take the highest reported number from GGG's promoter as gospel?
            Be consistent. Like I said pick whatever source you want and if you consistent with that same source Canelo's worst fight did basically double GGG's best fight it's that simple.
            I am perfectly consistent with my sources. I use the same sources for everyone. Just because you might have run into someone who puts Canelo's numbers down it doesn't mean I have done it. The only thing I've ever said about Canelo's numbers is that he's overrated as a PPV seller. He only draws big numbers when he's matched up with another big name. He isn't much of a seller by himself. He's still a bigger ppv draw than GGG to be sure. But he's no Mayweather when it comes to the box office.

Stop playing games to try and act like these 2 are on the same level as PPV draws comparing GGG's best to Canelo's worst and on top of that taking the ESPN numbers from GGG but not comparing to the ESPN numbers from Canelo. And even when you do that non sense Canelo's numbers were still better. lol
            Once again. I am perfectly consistent. I never said Canelo wasn't the much better PPV draw. You're arguing against yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              The Kell Brook fight was a replacement fight to keep the HBO and arena date when Chris Eubanks Jr's diva antics threatened both. Its was Eubanks Jr's own promoter at the time who brought Brooks to the table to save the event. You friggin know that. Stop pretending as if GGG actively looked for the fight with Kell Brook much in the same way Canelo looked for a fight with Khan.

And Ward is no draw. His fight with Kovalev was a bigger and more meaningful fight than either of GGG's first two pay per views but the first Kovalev fight barely outsold the GGG/Lemieux fight the rematch sold almost 40k less than GGG's fight with Jacobs. They had to give away thousands of tickets for both the Kovalev fights. GGG sells a whole hell of a lot of tickets. He's a guaranteed sell out whenever he's in MSG.
              Brook? Right... Brook was making headlines to want Lil’G at a catch long before Eubank was in the picture! Brook wanted a catch and Lil’G said fighting Brook was a joke, that he was too small...

Lol. You lil’G Fans always getting owned

kushking

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                How many Mexicans live in the US vs Kazak people? GGG can go to the UK and fight Saunders. Like he dis Brook.
                Lil’G could’ve fought Saunders in Astana Expo 2017 and have been Undisputed, but but he can fight Saunders in the UK... right ..

Comment

If Nelo didn’t throw any punches at all, then why is it import for you to always emphasize that Lil’G “outlanded” Nelo... lol.

Maxi, what happened to Diego Rodriguez? Those usual alts would flood my threads yet you magically showed up when they were put on blast ignore for racial slurs, still following my nuts later on? At least you gave up the racial trolling... kudos
                  Funny how you accuse others of being alts, when I, personally caught you as being an alt.

Comment

Brook? Right... Brook was making headlines to want Lil’G at a catch long before Eubank was in the picture! Brook wanted a catch and Lil’G said fighting Brook was a joke, that he was too small...

Lol. You lil’G Fans always getting owned

kushking
                    What does Brooks trash talking have to do with anything? He wasn't the original target for the fight. Chris Eubanks Jr was. Brooks' promoter (who was also Eubanks Jr's promoter at the time) brought Brooks to the table when Eubank's antics threatened to derail the event. Brooks was a backup plan.

You can't own someone without acknowledging reality.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      I am perfectly consistent with my sources. I use the same sources for everyone. Just because you might have run into someone who puts Canelo's numbers down it doesn't mean I have done it. The only thing I've ever said about Canelo's numbers is that he's overrated as a PPV seller. He only draws big numbers when he's matched up with another big name. He isn't much of a seller by himself. He's still a bigger ppv draw than GGG to be sure. But he's no Mayweather when it comes to the box office.

Once again. I am perfectly consistent. I never said Canelo wasn't the much better PPV draw. You're arguing against yourself.
                      You had not problem citing the GGG number but no mention of the idiots posting that Canelo drew 250K. So either cite both numbers or shut up. By ESPN reporting PPVs if we stay consistent canelo's worst fight against a fight NOBODY heard of did DOUBLE the PPVs of GGG's biggest fights against fighters everyone in boxing has seen and heard of. Canelo ain't Floyd ok Floyd is the biggest PPV star in the history of boxing lol Nobody is saying Canelo is bigger then Floyd nobody is we are saying Canelo is light years bigger then and GGG. They aren't on the same level as a draw that's just a fact no matter how much you GGG fanboys cry it won't change that fact. So stop skewing numbers ie take GGG's highest numbers reported from a fight but then refuse to take the same source released numbers for canelo's fight. Or take the biggest fight of GGG's career (Jacobs) and compare that only to the a fight that doesn't even crack Canelo's top 10 biggest fights (Smith).

One guy every fight even against bums and nobody's is on PPV and been the headliner to many successful big PPV fights. GGG when he fights guys like Smith it's on regular HBO not PPV and the times he has fought on PPV he did terrible numbers half Canelo's worst PPV which you keep cherry picking as your only example to compare Canelo to GGG. We know why you aren't bringing up Canelo drawing 1M PPVs with Chavez (his most recent non GGG ppv), 900K with Cotto, 600K with Khan, 2.2M with Floyd ect. This is like the idiots who said Floyd isn't a big draw because his fight with Berto only drew 400K PPVs. GGG would sell his soul if he could do 400K and you ignore the other huge numbers Floyd did that more accurately reflect his drawing power.

FACT Canelo has already generated about 6M PPVs sold for his career without GGG. Drew 1M this year alone WITHOUT GGG. While GGG has generated 300K PPVs for his career without Canelo. Again his worst PPV did DOUBLE GGG's best. lol 1 is a bonafide PPV star the other isn't he's a PPV flopper everytime out. Which is why GGG is the one siting and waiting and will continue to do so as long as Canelo/Golden Boy tell him to.

Comment

Working...
                      X