Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO Deontay Wilder: Floyd's Shown You How to Make a Mega Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to make it real simple - Wilder has no intention of fighting and if he does, it simply to sell his belt to the highest bidder .Wilder knows he cant beat AJ, same way as he knew he couldnt beat Wlad or Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I'm going to make it real simple - Wilder has no intention of fighting and if he does, it simply to sell his belt to the highest bidder .Wilder knows he cant beat AJ, same way as he knew he couldnt beat Wlad or Fury.
      ???????????????????????????
      Wilder is the one chasing this fight IMO, I don’t necessarily know if he wins it, as I think it’s a 50/50 shootout type fight. Anyway, Wilder clearly wants this fight and AJ wants it too, it’s people outside of the ring preventing it, especially Hearn.

Comment

If Wilder dont get to fight AJ and that Ngannou guy beats Miccioic, I think thatd be a an easy payday for wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Wilder is the one chasing this fight IMO, I don’t necessarily know if he wins it, as I think it’s a 50/50 shootout type fight. Anyway, Wilder clearly wants this fight and AJ wants it too, it’s people outside of the ring preventing it, especially Hearn.
          Asking for 50/50 isn't chasing anything, that's saying "I don't really want to fight you"

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            This is ridiculous. Wilder has spent his entire career with zero world class wins and has made excuse after excuse to avoid it.

Hearn gave him a career high payday to fight whyte, in the UK close to an aj fight to build it perfectly. He said no and made crazy videos.

Then he said he'd fight whyte if aj was in the contract... Which was the point in the first place. Now he wants to price himself out.

What he doesn't realise is that each fight he refuses makes him less relevant. The WBC belt is the least relevant it has ever been in 50+ year history.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
              For those not old enough to remember, the Anthony Joshua-Deontay Wilder situation isn't without precedent. Floyd before he was "Money" was an emerging PPV star and considered P4P the best. Oscar was the biggest name in boxing after Roy wasn't Roy anymore and Tyson had retired.

So this is how the negotiations went down, which was detailed in this article.

Terms were not disclosed, but both sides said that the fighters will make career-high purses. In De La Hoya's case, that means more than $25 million. For Mayweather, it means at least $10 million. Both will probably earn much more than that if the pay-per-view is a hit.

"We are just glad we were able to come to the agreement," Ellerbe said. "Oscar is a great businessman, him and Richard both. The negotiations were smooth. We didn't have any problems. This is about giving the fans what they want. And it's about Floyd's legacy in the sport. Floyd wants to go down as the best ever and Oscar is the biggest name in the sport."

There you have it, even though the gap commercially between Floyd and Oscar was much smaller than Deontay and AJ, Floyd took 28% of the guaranteed money. IF Wilder is what he says he is, then, like Floyd he would take AJ's terms to prove himself.

But as AJ said this guy is just a belt seller. There is nothing wrong with that except lying about it and saying you're something you're not.
              kinda dumb to compare ODH's career at that point to AJ's lack there of

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Asking for 50/50 isn't chasing anything, that's saying "I don't really want to fight you"
                He’s simply posturing for the fight, the same way AJ/Hearn do when they ask for 80/20 to AJ. People take these statements to the media well to literally.

Comment

Wilder isn't even near AJ in generating money. AJ can fight noname cans for the rest of career and get paid 20 millions fighting each one any of those nonames,

Wilder is on other hand will never even get 5 millions without AJ.

Wilder's career highest payment is 1,5 millionsb if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    This is ridiculous. Wilder has spent his entire career with zero world class wins and has made excuse after excuse to avoid it.

Hearn gave him a career high payday to fight whyte, in the UK close to an aj fight to build it perfectly. He said no and made crazy videos.

Then he said he'd fight whyte if aj was in the contract... Which was the point in the first place. Now he wants to price himself out.

What he doesn't realise is that each fight he refuses makes him less relevant. The WBC belt is the least relevant it has ever been in 50+ year history.
                    Why should he have to fight Whyte?????
                    Whyte is a nobody who has never beaten anyone to merit a title shot. It’s all Hearn BS! Hearn is only trying to make the Whyte fight to line his own pockets before risking his cash cow the exact same thing he did with Haye, making him face Bellew before giving him the AJ pay day. Furthermore, there is still not been any official offer for Wilder to fight Whyte, it’s just Hearn making outlandish claims on stupid IFL interviews and many of them were exposed as LIES on the boxing voice when Hearn/Wilder/Finkel we’re on it together. Hearn confirmed he was not willing to offer AJ as part of the Whyte fight, therefore there is no point in Wilder fighting Whyte just to line Hearn’s pockets and massage his ego. Wilder owes Hearn and Whyte nothing!

I agree Wilder has fought zero top class opposition during his career, but he has shown willingness to make fights he signed to fight Povetkin in Russia and agreed to fight Ortiz as a VOLUNTARY. It’s not his fault they failed drugs tests.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      kinda dumb to compare ODH's career at that point to AJ's lack there of
                      I have clarified this in other posts. The point is comparing their careers. Merely that Oscar's and Floyd's commercial power was much closer than AJ's and Deontay's but Floyd only took 33% of the final pot.

Comment

Working...
                      X