Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez To Sign Step-Aside, Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
    Badou Jack is a legit fight. Jack has never shied away from a fight. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off the upset. The ripper will certainly make Quitter Kovalev call it a day early. His body shots are too savage for Vodkalev. Stevenson/Jack both make Sergey quit again.
    About time what is it 5 years since he actually fought someone legit? Kovalev just touches Jack's chin once he will go to sleep. Wont bother mentioning Stevenson's chances against Kovalev cuz the coward will never step foot in the ring with the man.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      About time what is it 5 years since he actually fought someone legit? Kovalev just touches Jack's chin once he will go to sleep. Wont bother mentioning Stevenson's chances against Kovalev cuz the coward will never step foot in the ring with the man.
      I think we all know if Stevenson actually fight Kov it will be an easy fight for him now though. Ward took Kovalev's soul already. The past is the past. Both Kov and Adonis are to blame for failing to fight each other. Kov finally stepped up with Ward so he gained respect for that. Came back down when he quit though. Yeah Kovalev's a quitter alright and against a guy like Stevenson well lets just say that doesn't bode well.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
        rant? first, have you ever seen this guy headline a network show? 2nd have you ever seen the guy sell out a crowd?

if he's offered nearly 200k he should be fighting for the title..and he was offered 175k from prior articles...charlo defended his title on showtime for only 100k...WHO TF DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS? and u dont have 1 single argument to justify your statements toward me
        According to his promoter, in articles, he wasn't offered anywhere near that amount. I'm not spending time searching, but it was maybe a third that. Doesn't matter anyway, if Showtime wanted him, he'd have been offered a good contract, like the one he supposedly just signed.

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Anyone who thinks a Kovalev/Stevenson fight wouldn't be a great 50/50 fight is just a fool, or is just fooling themselves.

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
          I wouldn't have it at 50/50. Stevenson will make Kovalev quit again. Stevenson should be favored. Sure Sergey could get lucky and score a KO but Superman's chances of victory are higher. Kovalev has to put Stevenson to sleep to win. Adonis just has to beat Kovalev until Sergey mentally folds. Listen to the superior boxing mind.
          Are you saying you're the superior boxing mind, or Stevenson?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            According to his promoter, in articles, he wasn't offered anywhere near that amount. I'm not spending time searching, but it was maybe a third that. Doesn't matter anyway, if Showtime wanted him, he'd have been offered a good contract, like the one he supposedly just signed.
            1st and foremost u've proven that you are not in the right depth here, bc this article is not the quotes of his promoter..theses are the words of his manager....i actually showed this interview to boxing scene and submitted this news

If i would have know about submitting news to them earlier iwould have submitted article where his promoter "Yvon Michel" said he'd be paid 125k (i could be misquoting..it couuld be 175k)....either number is acceptable when champs like charlo just defended his title for 100k on showtime...so for a mando to get 75k more isnt exactly saying "showtime doenst want him "

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              I don't know. I think I am with you. If money is an issue I understand Alvarez taking the step aside money but at some point he just needs to recognize that his team is doing him dirty. He's managed and promoted by the same people who manage and promote Stevenson so there really isn't any reason for there to be so many problems making this fight. I really don't think they are doing right by Alvarez. Alvarez can't let Stevenson get away with more fights after the Jack fight.
              Do you know the difference between a manager and a promoter?

Adonis is managed by Al Haymon, and promoted by GYM.

Storm is not managed by Haymon. but he is promoted by GYM.

GYM is in the business of making the most $ from every event they put on...so they are going to lean towards Adonis until Eleider has more leverage.

Sucks for Storm though, he deserves his shot

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                Do you know the difference between a manager and a promoter?

Adonis is managed by Al Haymon, and promoted by GYM.

Storm is not managed by Haymon. but he is promoted by GYM.

GYM is in the business of making the most $ from every event they put on...so they are going to lean towards Adonis until Eleider has more leverage.

Sucks for Storm though, he deserves his shot
                Do you really think its worth the effort to knitpick exactly how bad Alvarez is getting ****ed by his own people. GYM is his own promoter. Promote the mothertrucker. Make him viable. That's the job.

Knitpicking the exact method of Alvarez is getting ****ed

Comment

Working...
                X