Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez To Sign Step-Aside, Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has no room to cry now

Comment

I do not believe that Chickenson will actually fight someone as good as Jack until the bell rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
        He has no room to cry now
        This is an ignorant position.

Eleider Alvarez doesn't make a lot of money, so when Stevenson keeps extending the negotiating process ie. keeps low balling Alvarez, and remains noncommittal to fight, that's more time that Alvarez spends outside the ring and the less money he makes in a year.

It's a bullying tactic by Stevenson.

He accepted the step aside fee because he was desperate and out of options.

If Stevenson had any honor, he would've fought Alvarez by now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          This is an ignorant position.

Eleider Alvarez doesn't make a lot of money, so when Stevenson keeps extending the negotiating process ie. keeps low balling Alvarez, and remains noncommittal to fight, that's more time that Alvarez spends outside the ring and the less money he makes in a year.

It's a bullying tactic by Stevenson.

He accepted the step aside fee because he was desperate and out of options.

If Stevenson had any honor, he would've fought Alvarez by now.
          I hear you but he Keeps taking step aside money. He can say **** it ill take the peanuts, take his belt now what. How it goes.......Right?

Comment

Will this be the second time that Alvarez takes step aside money from Stevenson? Or am I misinformed?

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
              I hear you but he Keeps taking step aside money. He can say **** it ill take the peanuts, take his belt now what. How it goes.......Right?
              I don't know. I think I am with you. If money is an issue I understand Alvarez taking the step aside money but at some point he just needs to recognize that his team is doing him dirty. He's managed and promoted by the same people who manage and promote Stevenson so there really isn't any reason for there to be so many problems making this fight. I really don't think they are doing right by Alvarez. Alvarez can't let Stevenson get away with more fights after the Jack fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                I do not believe that Chickenson will actually fight someone as good as Jack until the bell rings.
                Stop believing that farce, this fight will definitely happen, Stevenson sold his belt and Badou Jack got this, he will be the champ

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                  Stevenson vs Jack is going to be a very good fight. Hopefully it gets finalized soon.

As for Alvarez I don't understand how one can be a mandatory for 2 years, have the same manager and promoter and not get a title shot.

Either Alvarez doesn't ever want to fight Stevenson or his manager/promoter dictates his entire career with no input.
                  Showtime doesn't think he's interesting enough for their programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                    Alvarez is a smart man. You should get that step aside money because your limited power means you get ko'd when you step up to the big dawg of the light heavyweight division. Adonis Stevenson is the man at lhw now. Kovalev is a quitter/loser and a ko over some foreigner wont change that. He quit to an american. Stevenson is the torch bearer of the division and a showdown with Badou Jack will establish who the best is in the division.
                    Anyone who thinks a Kovalev/Stevenson fight wouldn't be a great 50/50 fight is just a fool, or is just fooling themselves.

Comment

A fight with Jack goes a long way to helping to erase a ton of uninteresting fights Stevenson has had. Jack is a true test. I had zero problems with Alvarez and Stevenson as I think Alvarez deserves it, but Jack is WAY more fun.

I have always loved Stevenson as a skilled, dangerous fighter, but hated his circumstances as champ. Don't care who ducked who, but facts are while most of the light HW division has been fighting, Stevenson's best challenges (Bellow, Cloud, Dawson) were years ago.

Please let it be Jack or someone with a pulse.

Comment

Working...
                      X