Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez To Sign Step-Aside, Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevenson would beat jack by ko

Stevenson hasnt been active though and does rely on athleticism but if he hasnt lost too much of that i dont see how jack copes with the athleticism which will enable stevenson to avoid gettin hit and land that power

Comment

This might be the second or third step aside he has accepted right?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        This might be the second or third step aside he has accepted right?
        correct. he was paid to step aside and beat bute for the silver title. then paid to step aside and beat pascal for the silver title.

it's been a great situation for alvarez because he's getting big names on his resume, making good money, and when he finally gets his title shot, the fight will be worth way more than it would have been before.

hopefully he faces another name opponent so he can go into his title shot coming off of three straight big wins.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          correct. he was paid to step aside and beat bute for the silver title. then paid to step aside and beat pascal for the silver title.

it's been a great situation for alvarez because he's getting big names on his resume, making good money, and when he finally gets his title shot, the fight will be worth way more than it would have been before.

hopefully he faces another name opponent so he can go into his title shot coming off of three straight big wins.
          This is the second time.

The first time he stepped aside for Stevenson to fight Monaghan in April 2017 but that fight fell apart and Stevenson rematched Fonfara in June 2017 instead with Alvarez-Pascal fighting on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
            Alvarez is a smart man. You should get that step aside money because your limited power means you get ko'd when you step up to the big dawg of the light heavyweight division. Adonis Stevenson is the man at lhw now. Kovalev is a quitter/loser and a ko over some foreigner wont change that. He quit to an american. Stevenson is the torch bearer of the division and a showdown with Badou Jack will establish who the best is in the division.
            I think you mean the big b*tch of the division. No LHW respects the coward. Kovalev lost and is the king still since Ward retired. Stevenson scared of every legit LHW pathetic that you clowns defend a straight up coward.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Showtime doesn't think he's interesting enough for their programs.

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              i call BS and u must not have read the article
              he was offered the fight...he just think he's hot **** and wont take it...
              how do ppl complain about jacobs not wanting 25% as the mando then agree with alvarez and sympathize with him so he can act like he's worth the lionshare or anything other than 25%
              yall making a lot of exceptions around this mf
              Not sure wot meds you're on bubba, because your rant makes zero sense... but if Showtime offers him next to nothing to be on their show vs Stevenson or whoever, that means Showtime doesn't think he's interesting enough for their programs. Try to keep up, friend.

Comment

Quote:
                Anyone who thinks a Kovalev/Stevenson fight wouldn't be a great 50/50 fight is just a fool, or is just fooling themselves.

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                Totally agree. In fact, it may be more interesting in 2018 than when it didn't happen over the last couple of years if Stevenson fights and defeats Badou Jack.
                I know Stevenson is pushing up some serious age, but he sure seems fresh in his fights. If by some miracle Kovalev/Stevenson actually happened? I am in.
                It won't, by the way, but if it did....
                Yeah, Stevenson's plan may indeed be to retire before having to face Kovalev, or for that matter any of the top LHWs. Hopefully though we can get the fight in '18, '19 at the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Quote:
                  Showtime doesn't think he's interesting enough for their programs.

Not sure wot meds you're on bubba, because your rant makes zero sense... but if Showtime offers him next to nothing to be on their show vs Stevenson or whoever, that means Showtime doesn't think he's interesting enough for their programs. Try to keep up, friend.
                  rant? first, have you ever seen this guy headline a network show? 2nd have you ever seen the guy sell out a crowd?

if he's offered nearly 200k he should be fighting for the title..and he was offered 175k from prior articles...charlo defended his title on showtime for only 100k...WHO TF DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS? and u dont have 1 single argument to justify your statements toward me

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Anyone who thinks a Kovalev/Stevenson fight wouldn't be a great 50/50 fight is just a fool, or is just fooling themselves.
                    I wouldn't have it at 50/50. Stevenson will make Kovalev quit again. Stevenson should be favored. Sure Sergey could get lucky and score a KO but Superman's chances of victory are higher. Kovalev has to put Stevenson to sleep to win. Adonis just has to beat Kovalev until Sergey mentally folds. Listen to the superior boxing mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                      I think you mean the big b*tch of the division. No LHW respects the coward. Kovalev lost and is the king still since Ward retired. Stevenson scared of every legit LHW pathetic that you clowns defend a straight up coward.
                      Badou Jack is a legit fight. Jack has never shied away from a fight. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off the upset. The ripper will certainly make Quitter Kovalev call it a day early. His body shots are too savage for Vodkalev. Stevenson/Jack both make Sergey quit again.

Comment

Working...
                      X