Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr: Will Golden Boy Promotions Let Diaz Fight Me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Who started that trend of boxers speaking about themselves in the third person?
    Probobly after Haymon started paying guys like Gary russell over a million dollars to fight once every 2 years agaisnt patrick hyland and oscar escandon.

Comment

Gary is wasting away. He calls out a lot, but he's MIA. He's in the garage getting no exposure, nobody knows what he really looks like. Hyland and Escondon were weak challengers. It's starting to look like all bark and no bite.

Comment

Joseph Diaz Jr is going to duck you, champ.

He is the mandatory to your WBC title but we all know Golden Boy doesn't want that work.

Comment

I hope GBP does make this fight! Jo Jo Diaz called out Gary Russell Jr., which is more than I can say about the other Haymon fighters @ 126!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Joseph Diaz Jr is going to duck you, champ.

He is the mandatory to your WBC title but we all know Golden Boy doesn't want that work.
            We all know Gary barely works

Comment

I think they will go the WBO route and fight Oscar Valdez instead with both Top Rank and GBP being with ESPN that seem easier to do but I don't see Jojo beating either honestly

Comment

Russell already 29 so does seem time to get a move on. I guess it makes more sense to target top 10 opposition from a rival promoter, especially if they're your mandatory. That whole 'things changing at PBC, everybody is fighting everybody' claim didn't quite work out.

Comment

Gary hasn't done anything since Loma that says improvement. In fact inactivity and paid sparring hint at decay. Jojo doesn't have the footwork and Frampton won't mention his name, Leo is a celebrity. Valdez it is.

Comment

I don't understand Russell's career! Why is it hard for this guy to get fights within his own stable? Haymon has a few fighters around that specific weight class. The guy has been somewhat inactive for the past few years & when he does fight, he calls out other top fighters but disappears soon after! To be honest, Russell hasn't given fans any reason since loosing badly to Loma to want to see him fight. He is one of the most irrelevant champs in the game today!

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
                      I don't understand Russell's career! Why is it hard for this guy to get fights within his own stable? Haymon has a few fighters around that specific weight class. The guy has been somewhat inactive for the past few years & when he does fight, he calls out other top fighters but disappears soon after! To be honest, Russell hasn't given fans any reason since loosing badly to Loma to want to see him fight. He is one of the most irrelevant champs in the game today!
                      In all honesty I think he doesn't like boxing. He's good at it but you can tell in past interviews he's not passionate at all about boxing and its more of a means to an end. The one thing that he's been consistent about in interviews was retiring at 30 or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X