Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr: Will Golden Boy Promotions Let Diaz Fight Me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr: Will Golden Boy Promotions Let Diaz Fight Me?

Gary Russell Jr. wants to fight Joseph Diaz Jr. The WBC featherweight champion isn't so sure the feeling is mutual. Russell questioned Tuesday night whether Diaz's handlers at Golden Boy Promotions will allow the undefeated Diaz to participate in the mandatory title fight he has earned.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who started that trend of boxers speaking about themselves in the third person?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Probably Floyd

Comment

Who started the trend of Haymon fighters calling out other fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          Probably Floyd
          Nah i think it goes way back, back, back, back..

Comment

That sir was none other then Roy jones jr ya must've forgot!

Comment

I'd like to see him face all those guys at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                Who started the trend of Haymon fighters calling out other fighters?
                And then retire for a year and come back for 1 last fight and then retire again??? His guys fight 1x a year and then end up on milk cartons.

Comment

Nah i think it goes way back, back, back, back..
                  It's been going on for years. A lot of athletes do it. They speak about themselves in the third person to get their name out there. Some sports figures can make a good amount of money doing personal appearances or other things.

Comment

I dont see why GBP wouldnt let Diaz fight Russell unless GBP is waiting to see if Ramirez can pull off the upset against Selby.

Comment

Working...
                    X