Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Deontay Wilder decide to step up after 7.5 years??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Wilder and his team have done with his career is remarkable and extremely smart business-wise. Wilder started out crude and relatively unskilled and through careful and calculated matchmaking they have developed him into a fierce-some hard hitting skilled fighter. Had they matched him up against top opposition, Wilder probably would've ended up like Bryant Jennings.

Instead, Wilder is the WBC champ and one of the most feared HW boxers in the game today. I think it was very savvy of team the way the did it. With all that, Wilder is ready to fight the top guys of the division.

Comment

easy work...

I had to step into the gym as a grown man and show these so-called child prodigies how it's done. 35 amateur bouts, won an Olympic medal, turned pro at 23 years old, WBC champ, undefeated, and now I'm finna unify the division.

Comment

Prize fighting innit

And for whatever reason he fancies the job against AJ. More than he did against Wlad. And the way he went for Johnny Nelson probably means Wlad did smash him to bits.

Comment

Fury and Joshua became massive just by defeating Klitschko, who was on his way out. Not even a Klitsch that is in his prime.
          What about Beyontay?
          He became big by beating a human punching bag in Stiverne and Arreola. Aaaargh.

Comment

ill believe he is going to step up when he at least fights old man ortiz or chubby whyte

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              he hasnt stepped up yet has he? Him talking **** isnt anything new.He'll still fight two bums this year.
              I think everyone in the HW can be considered “bums”. Talent pool is not that deep, simply put. Look who the champs are. It’s just a weak division right now no offense to the guys. HWs are always intriguing to watch because of their size, but there isn’t any stand out guys, to me at least. Do you feel there are?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                I think everyone in the HW can be considered “bums”. Talent pool is not that deep, simply put. Look who the champs are. It’s just a weak division right now no offense to the guys. HWs are always intriguing to watch because of their size, but there isn’t any stand out guys, to me at least. Do you feel there are?
                its a weak division but if he fought parker or ortiz and then joshua that would be a solid year in my eyes. but i can see it being breazele and miller.

Comment

Look at what BostonGuy and Deontay Wilder said and that should answer everything!

Just imagine if Wilder would've started boxing as a kid, he would've been nigh unstoppable with that hand speed, reach, power, awkward angles to complement some technical pedigree!

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    its a weak division but if he fought parker or ortiz and then joshua that would be a solid year in my eyes. but i can see it being breazele and miller.
                    I don’t think either of those guys are great. I’m Cuban and never seen the appeal in ortiz. Dominic would give both those guys a run and has a chance to beat them. It’s a fun division but not a talented one. Respect my man

Comment

He doesn't have a strong amateur background (not any, in fact), so he had to gain ring experience and build up. Very unfair #STOPRACISM

Comment

Working...
                      X