Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Deontay Wilder decide to step up after 7.5 years??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    I think he wanted to step up earlier, but hand injuries, Povetkin cowardice and drug cheating, Fury's mental breakdown, Klitschko's retirement, and Ortiz's drug cheating cowardice all stalled his momentum.

And yes of course, there is that age factor. At 32 years old he realises that he will start slowing down in a year or two, but Parker and Joshua also realise that, which is why they are keen on waiting him out.

But then again, like Golovkin, Wilder been fighting cans most of his life so he shouldn't be complaining too much if at all about wear and tear, he has none.
    The difference is there are no middleweights ggg hasn't fought that he should have. Wilder could've fought klitchko

Comment

insert standard golovkin fanboy responses

-he had promotional problems-
      -everyone was ducking him-
      -he hasnt taking much punishment so he will have a long career and still has a chance to build an incredible legacy-

what other ones am i forgetting?

Comment

man i really hope wilder goes over to the UK to fight nathan cleverly when his next opponent fails a drug test...dibella can just say it was a last minute thing and it will be a perfect excuse for bringing a guy up two classes for a UK payday

Comment

It's not just now, he's been at it for a couple years now. He just wants it more now because the other belts are in the UK.

Secretly he has a deep hatred for anything British, it's from a traumatic occurrence he had when he was a child and almost choked to death on an english muffin. Now he just want to whoop the hell outta some bloody wankers from the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            man i really hope wilder goes over to the UK to fight nathan cleverly when his next opponent fails a drug test...dibella can just say it was a last minute thing and it will be a perfect excuse for bringing a guy up two classes for a UK payday
            that's funny man. spit my coffee out to that one. and my keyboard is white too

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              he hasnt stepped up yet has he? Him talking **** isnt anything new.He'll still fight two bums this year.
              Exactly this. All talk no offers made.

Comment

When is the Wilder/Breazeale grudge match happening?

Comment

Clearly, its number 4 on the list. There's no evidence to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    When is the Wilder/Breazeale grudge match happening?
                    Breazeale can punch, so he'll steer clear.

Comment

Beyontay is a massive joke in boxing.
                      He was interviewed several times and not once did he make a hint of fighting the top guys. He always answers, "hmm...maybe..."
                      Even when Klitschko became available for months virtually going crazy looking for a dance partner when the rematch with Fury became impossible to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X