Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Deontay Wilder decide to step up after 7.5 years??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What made Deontay Wilder decide to step up after 7.5 years??

It only happened this year, prior to that he always seemed happy fighting his 39 cans, said he wasn't ready for klitschko a couple of years ago etc etc. Then suddenly he is now ready to step up. Why is this??
    He found his balls in his bedside cabinet one day
    0.00%
    He is 32 and has more $$$ going out than coming in
    31.25%
    He got tired after years of ridicule
    12.50%
    He doesn't really intend to step up he's just making noise
    37.50%
    Other (please state)
    6.25%
    I love wilder
    12.50%

He is 32 with a history of injuries, has no legacy, doesn't earn much despite spending fortunes on custom lambos, has got legal bills to pay.

It's pretty obvious his window to earn is closing and he wants a cash out.

Comment

Money, he sees that earning $1m to fight cans isn’t helping his career. And he is now coming into his peak. Best time to fight everyone for him is now. Parker hasn’t reach his peak yet with only 25 fights, likewise Joshua with only 20 fights... so this is the best time to fight them for him. It’s a clever way of cherry picking. More money in the bank and less risk as he has been allowed to be schooled properly, Tyson Fury did the same thing as well before the Klitschko fight.

Comment

he hasnt stepped up yet has he? Him talking **** isnt anything new.He'll still fight two bums this year.

Comment

I think he wanted to step up earlier, but hand injuries, Povetkin cowardice and drug cheating, Fury's mental breakdown, Klitschko's retirement, and Ortiz's drug cheating cowardice all stalled his momentum.

And yes of course, there is that age factor. At 32 years old he realises that he will start slowing down in a year or two, but Parker and Joshua also realise that, which is why they are keen on waiting him out.

But then again, like Golovkin, Wilder been fighting cans most of his life so he shouldn't be complaining too much if at all about wear and tear, he has none.

Comment

Tried to step up last year and we all know what happened with that. He claims he wants to prove he is the best. If so then ok. Next question is why are fans all of a sudden not so keen on the best fighters within a division squaring off?

I don't think he is hurting for money or wanting to cash out as some say. Let's not forget he was handed about 5 mil from the Povetkin debacle
            Last edited by Rip Chudd; 11-19-2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

He doesn't have to, we all know he's the best.

Plus he called AJ out on live TV,

LIVE TV!!! thats as good as offering a contract and AJ dont want it.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Comment

I think it was because Lennox Lewis tried to teach him the fundamentals of a jab, over five years ago in some backwoods parking lot. Deontay Wilder just stared at Lennox like he was talking another language.

Comment

Earl, create a slick bruva account and have it argue with this account. I wanna laugh.

Comment

Like I have repeatedly said, the Areolla/Stiverne killer is now pressuring himself because he feels being left out after 2 years of merely coasting along.
                    He got the greenest of envy when Joshua destroyed and retired Klitschko in a spectacular see-saw battle cheered by millions in Europe and most parts of the world.
                    That's what made him actually see that there is indeed bigger life in the HW division beating top fighters.
                    It should annoy and infuriate fans that this Arreola killer is now acting like he deserves to be rewarded a superfight that goes with getting millions of dollars in prizes when he never intended fighting the likes of Fury and Klitschko.
                    I am disgusted personally.

Comment

Working...
                    X