No announcement yet.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico Rivalry Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Has a mexican ever won a close decision in your eyes?

You are not rican but repeats like crazy all the stupid bull**** that Rican says always, the stupid thing about the per capita, the fantasy robbery of Chavez vs LaPorte, that Trinidad did not lose vs Oscar, etc.

Yeah...

Hahahaha, so Trinidad deserves a draw vs Oscar but Cuadras lost clearly vs Gonzalez? Fu.ck you are ignorant as hell.

Yeah, I see Gonzalez won that fight vs Estrada but Estrada drained himself 4 pounds...

No, no way in hell LaPorte won that fight, won some rounds but Chavez was clearly the better fighter that night.

Canelo vs GGG, in my opinion was a draw.

So:

-Estrada and Cuadras lost clearly vs Gonzalez.

-Chavez did not win vs LaPorte.

-Palomino was clearly outboxed by Benitez.

-Canelo lost clearly vs GGG

But:

-Trinidad did a great job vs Oscar and deserved a draw.

-LaPorte did not lose vs Chavez.

Hahahaha, you are crazy.

If you want, I can debate with you the fight vs LaPorte, I want to have fun with your ignorance.

Man, you are ****.ing ridiculous, so, LaPorte won the fight vs Chavez but Oscar vs Trinidad was a draw?

Hahahaha

Oscar won the 9 clearly, did a better job and landed the best shots.

Have you ever seen a mexican fighter win a close fight?

Jerk.

Population my balls, per capita? hahaha, so, Uruguay is the best in soccer because the population per capita?

Nope, how many robberies had the mexican boxing?

Hahahaha Ortiz better than Sanchez, Marquez, Morales, etc? hahahahaha.

Nobody in the world put Ortiz first in a list than Chavez...

Yeah, and he lost vs Vailland and Loi, and Carlos Leo Cruz.

Ramos was a great featherweight, not a great lightweight, plus he was shot after the accident vs Davey Moore and the TKO vs the great Vicente Saldivar.

Lopez? One of the best fighters of the history talking about skills, the best in the history of his division and retired without a L in his record.

Hahahhaa, Ortiz better than Chavez... you are a bad joke.

Hahahahahaha, f.uck...

Chavez unified in 3 divisions, man, 3 divisions...

And Ortiz ducked like crazy a fight vs Napoles.
    How could Ortiz duck Napoles? Their paths didn't really cross. Stop making things up. Also he beat Valiant twice stop lying on that one. The losses to Loi were in Italy and considered controversial and the loss to Cruz was in DR and considered controversial. Every blemish on his record was in the opponents hometown and consisted controversial including Locche apart from as an old man to Buchanan. Laguna, Elorde, Ramos, Locche, Brown, Loi are all considered great and are in IBHOF. He owns legit wins over all of them so at least 8 wins over great HOF famers whereas Chavez has zero wins over hall of fame greats just a lopsided loss to Whitaker. You can't tell me ortiz is a bum. That's a heck of a career.

Chavez also lost to Randall twice (yes), Taylor was robbed, Whitaker and others.

I didn't say Tito did great nor did I say a shot LaPorte got robbed. Said a close fight could have gone either way by a point. It wasn't 12-0 like you think.

I love Finito but who did he beat that was great? Stop saying Nene Sanchez is better than Ortiz and Tito. Also what one great did Chavez ever beat? No a washed up Camacho isn't a great fighter and no Rosario isn't better than Ortiz.

I had Estrada and Cuadras both losing 7-5. I was at the fights.

Close fights Mexicans won
    Marquez-Pacquaio I, II, III
    Marquez-Norwood
    Marquez-John (actually wasn't close)
    Canelo-Lara, Trout
    Castillo-Mayweather
    Chavez-Lockridge
    Sanchez-Ford
    Ramirez-Arguello (by a point but could have gone either way)

So your only one is GGG-Canelo haha like that makes you fair?

Like I said most my favorites are Mexican - JMM, Rafa, Olivares, Sanchez, Zarate, Roman, Zaragoza, Chiquita, Finito, Estrada I'm not sure why you are pointing the finger claiming I'm anti Mexican. Far from it.

The only ignorant one is you. Like liking fighter because of where they are from and hating others for the same reason. It's ignorant.

Uruguay is badass per capita. Better than Mexico period. 2 World Cups and tied most Copa America.

I'm qualified to make comments and debate because of my objectivity and level headed nature you are not because you are a nationalistic cretin that needs a fighter to come from a certain place in order to form an opinion.
    Last edited by chrisJS; 11-19-2017, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Oscar fought smart and won the most of the rounds, period.

He punished that shark and Oscar ended the fight clean of his face, won the majority of the rounds.

Oscar landed 263 of 648 punches, while Trinidad went 166-of-462.
      If he would have stood and fought the shark, he would have gotten eaten up.

And the shark's more entertaining. The fans won. Oscar lost.

Comment

Ukraine vs. Cuba is the new Mexico vs Puerto Rico

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          If he would have stood and fought the shark, he would have gotten eaten up.

And the shark's more entertaining. The fans won. Oscar lost.

I had it even. But it feels the right guy won. Funny because if a Puerto Rican fought the way Oscar did homeboy would crucify him.

Tito was so much more entertaining than Oscar too yes your right. This dude probably thinks Miguel Vazquez is more entertaining than Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            I had it even. But it feels the right guy won. Funny because if a Puerto Rican fought the way Oscar did homeboy would crucify him.

Tito was so much more entertaining than Oscar too yes your right. This dude probably thinks Miguel Vazquez is more entertaining than Tito.
            Haha. So true! When Salido fights that way, he'll jump all over it!

Comment

Two of the greatest boxing countries of all time.

Both Mexico and Puerto Rico have produced ridiculously great fighters and they go back and forth on who wins.

Favorite fights.

Sanchez v Gomez
              Gomez v Zarate
              Chavez v Rosario
              Chavez v Camacho

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                Ukraine vs. Cuba is the new Mexico vs Puerto Rico
                Lol what??

Cuba has great history no doubt.

Uuhh Ukrain not so much buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Lol what??

Cuba has great history no doubt.

Uuhh Ukrain not so much buddy.
                  First, don't call me buddy

Second, my message was clear enough for you to understand that I talk about this period of time, not history or something that's in the past.

Third, Cuban amateur school was founded and developed by the same people who doesn't have "much" boxing history according to you
                  Last edited by g27region; 11-19-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    This is true. It could be argued that they were so boring that they sapped the energy out of a Trinidad fight. Haha. But yeah, the size factor was definitely at play. I believe Tito was unbeaten at 147 and 154.
                    I though the winky fight was at 154. I know Hopkins was 160 and jones was in the 170s.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      I though the winky fight was at 154. I know Hopkins was 160 and jones was in the 170s.
                      Oh was it? I couldn't remember. Well, I think Trinidad was a complete monster at 147 and 154. He was great enough to beat a lot of middleweights but it wasn't his best weight for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X