No announcement yet.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico Rivalry Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Oscar outboxed him and broke his ****ing nose, boxing is about 12 rounds, ignorant.

Oscar clearly was the better man that night a did the better job in 12 rounds.
    Nah, he robbed the fans of a good fight. I'm glad he lost. Never liked Oscar that much, mainly for that fight.

You see when you bring the action for twelve rounds, the crowds get to where they love you, as they did with Trinidad, Morales, Barrera and other warriors. When you try to play the pretty boy and run the last few rounds and do "just enough" crowds feel let down.

So I'm glad it went Tito's way. He fought like a shark every time out. A legend through and through.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Oscar outboxed him and broke his ****ing nose, boxing is about 12 rounds, ignorant.

Oscar clearly was the better man that night a did the better job in 12 rounds.
      Didn't break his nose. That's a lie. Bloodied, sure. Fighters have also won fights with broken noses. One shot is all it takes to break a nose.

I had that fight even. Oscar lost the last 4 and Tito clearly took the 4th so 5 clear rounds. I felt rounds 1 & 5 were close. 1 each.

Have you ever seen a Mexican fighter lose a close fight?

Comment

the last chapter and what forever closed the book on this "rivalry" was when orlando cruz KO'd alejandro valdez.

we wuz kangs.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          the last chapter and what forever closed the book on this "rivalry" was when orlando cruz KO'd alejandro valdez.

we wuz kangs.

Hahahaha...

Comment

Comment

often forgotten gem

Comment

Right about now there is no rivalry lol... In PR we got bums for boxers now... lets hope we get some decent boxers in the next years lol, mexico is having a bunch of bums too.. we kinda in the same boat.

Comment

Mexico won the war when Margarito gave Cotto an ass whooping. Close this thread.

Long live Antonio Son of God Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Benitez-Palamino robbery? Hahahahahahahaha

Your not serious? Do you only judge fights based on the country they are from? Honestly I truly question your ability to score Boxing and I think it's only based on heritage after that.

Has a Mexican ever lost a close decision in your eyes? Chavez-LaPorte more case of a robbery than any you mentioned and i don't think that's a robbery (though I don't necessarily know if JCC won). Your probably one of the brigade that insists Chocolatito-Estrada and Cuadras were total robberies (I love Estrada but no) but you probably had Canelo clearly winning against GGG and Lara. Say no more.

Also where's my bias? I'm not From PR and most my favorites of all-time are Mexican - Marquez bros, Olivares, Sanchez, Chiquita, Zaragoza, Roman, Zarate, Finito and Estrada.

I'm confused as to why I'd be "unobjective".

You, however sound like you only root for fighters because of their heritage.
                    Has a mexican ever won a close decision in your eyes?

You are not rican but repeats like crazy all the stupid bull**** that Rican says always, the stupid thing about the per capita, the fantasy robbery of Chavez vs LaPorte, that Trinidad did not lose vs Oscar, etc.

Yeah...

Hahahaha, so Trinidad deserves a draw vs Oscar but Cuadras lost clearly vs Gonzalez? Fu.ck you are ignorant as hell.

Yeah, I see Gonzalez won that fight vs Estrada but Estrada drained himself 4 pounds...

No, no way in hell LaPorte won that fight, won some rounds but Chavez was clearly the better fighter that night.

Canelo vs GGG, in my opinion was a draw.

So:

-Estrada and Cuadras lost clearly vs Gonzalez.

-Chavez did not win vs LaPorte.

-Palomino was clearly outboxed by Benitez.

-Canelo lost clearly vs GGG

But:

-Trinidad did a great job vs Oscar and deserved a draw.

-LaPorte did not lose vs Chavez.

Hahahaha, you are crazy.

If you want, I can debate with you the fight vs LaPorte, I want to have fun with your ignorance.

Didn't break his nose. That's a lie. Bloodied, sure. Fighters have also won fights with broken noses. One shot is all it takes to break a nose.

I had that fight even. Oscar lost the last 4 and Tito clearly took the 4th so 5 clear rounds. I felt rounds 1 & 5 were close. 1 each.

Have you ever seen a Mexican fighter lose a close fight?
                    Man, you are ****.ing ridiculous, so, LaPorte won the fight vs Chavez but Oscar vs Trinidad was a draw?

Hahahaha

Oscar won the 9 clearly, did a better job and landed the best shots.

Have you ever seen a mexican fighter win a close fight?

Jerk.

Not mediocre they have a population of less than 4m so per capita more champions and HOF fighters than any other country.

There's robberies both ways in the rivalry Margarito-Cotto I shouldn't really count. What other robberies in big fights?
                    Population my balls, per capita? hahaha, so, Uruguay is the best in soccer because the population per capita?

Nope, how many robberies had the mexican boxing?

Marquez is my favorite fighter of all-time. Sanchez is my favorite from before my life.

Ortiz IMO is better than any. Do you know his career? Beat HOF and greats in their prime -Elorde X2, Laguna X2, Ramos X2, Brown and other outstanding fighters his whole career. What did Lopez beat close to that? I love Finito but come on.

Hahahaha Ortiz better than Sanchez, Marquez, Morales, etc? hahahahaha.

Nobody in the world put Ortiz first in a list than Chavez...

Yeah, and he lost vs Vailland and Loi, and Carlos Leo Cruz.

Ramos was a great featherweight, not a great lightweight, plus he was shot after the accident vs Davey Moore and the TKO vs the great Vicente Saldivar.

Lopez? One of the best fighters of the history talking about skills, the best in the history of his division and retired without a L in his record.

Hahahhaa, Ortiz better than Chavez... you are a bad joke.

Hahahahahaha, f.uck...

Chavez unified in 3 divisions, man, 3 divisions...

And Ortiz ducked like crazy a fight vs Napoles.
                    Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 11-18-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      Nah, he robbed the fans of a good fight. I'm glad he lost. Never liked Oscar that much, mainly for that fight.

You see when you bring the action for twelve rounds, the crowds get to where they love you, as they did with Trinidad, Morales, Barrera and other warriors. When you try to play the pretty boy and run the last few rounds and do "just enough" crowds feel let down.

So I'm glad it went Tito's way. He fought like a shark every time out. A legend through and through.
                      Oscar fought smart and won the most of the rounds, period.

He punished that shark and Oscar ended the fight clean of his face, won the majority of the rounds.

Oscar landed 263 of 648 punches, while Trinidad went 166-of-462.

Comment

Working...
                      X