Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: De La Hoya Making a Mockery of Himself, Fans Laughing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
    No one can put it any better than Ellerbe did. Fans are laughing at him. Though it would be fun to see Connor call out Oscar for cross-dressing and being a crackhead. The fans are still laughing about those fishnets Oscar likes to wear.

His jealousy is obvious. He should move on, he had a great career, and has made a lot of money since then. He's not Floyd and he never will be. It is honestly rather sad to see him making such an ass of himself. Instead of being remembered for his great fights, he is remembered for dressing in drag and idolizing Floyd. To be fair though, Oscar was kind of cute in lingerie.
    not so sure many MEN are fixated on the whole fishnet thing. Good luck with that though

Comment

Not really laughing at De La Hoya, it's more sad and pathetic than funny actually.

Comment

Stay retired man...Nobody wants to see that fight.

Comment

Is De la fishnets a jealous hypocrite?

Is water wet?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            I don't have a problem with this fight at all as long as its on free HBO or on Canelo's undercard.
            I think it be a fun fight. And I would still favor Oscar to beat Mcgregor
            Oscar probably still beats him. Hell, I think Mario Lopez might beat mcgregor in a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Tyson put up very similar numbers to Floyd (hitting 1 million plus consistently) and Manny to a lesser extent. He just doesn't have the two abnormal performers like Floyd with Manny and Conor.

The number of PPV sales for boxing are not steadily rising, the data looks very similar to the data from the 90s in terms of actual sales. Despite the emergence of social media and streaming capabilities.

It's not clear what makes a PPV star. Oscar was indeed a PPV star but he never got to the Tyson level. He actually wasn't a bigger draw than Holyfield either.

Now you could argue that streaming piracy prevents the buy rate from exploding, but we can't be sure on that either. I will concede that there are definitely more eyeballs on these big fights, but not necessarily revenue generating views
              In general they need to get fights on the major television outlets be it cable or network television. Who is going to buy PPV fights between fighters they don't know. There is very little brand recognition for fighters.

Comment

Oscar is making a fool out of himself here. You can't trash the fight then ask for the fight like this.

I believe Floyd always wanted to have DelaHoya's status. He wanted the love and success. Floyd never got the love but he took the DelaHoya blueprint and just ran with it.

Floys used Oscar to ascend and then took off. Floyd is supposed to be the dumb one between the two but he's proved to be smarter.

Floyd wanted it more, he was dedicated more, he was more focused.

Floyd is now the blueprint!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                  Oscar is making a fool out of himself here. You can't trash the fight then ask for the fight like this.

I believe Floyd always wanted to have DelaHoya's status. He wanted the love and success. Floyd never got the love but he took the DelaHoya blueprint and just ran with it.

Floys used Oscar to ascend and then took off. Floyd is supposed to be the dumb one between the two but he's proved to be smarter.

Floyd wanted it more, he was dedicated more, he was more focused.

Floyd is now the blueprint!
                  a lot of his success comes from not partying like these other fighters. oscar took a major dive once stories started coming out of him sniffing coke, and then when the fishnet pictures came out, it was over for oscar.

Comment

oscar de la hoya is a real clown

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
                      Im a fan and I'm not laughing, dont generalize ,..these grown folks can do as they please, people will still watch, including you
                      First of all, I'm going off of HIS statement. Secondly, I meant boxing fans, not fanboys...and I realize it may come as a shocker to you, but I didn't buy the Floyd McCrap S H I T fest and only saw some of the replay...and well, now DLH himself may just follow suit and guess what, I WON'T BUY, I WON'T WATCH.

Of course, they can do as they please..because they know that there are "people" out there who will gladly hand over their money for their b u l l s h i t shenanigans! Hey, fanboys want to let themselves get suckered out of their money? Then more power to Floyds, McGregors, Ellerbes and DLHs! #deyjustmakingmoneydoe #easywork

Comment

Working...
                      X