Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay "DUCKSQUAD" Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's negotiation. He'd be an idiot to accept whatever Hearn wants to give him.

Comment

See link below for estimates for how much was to be made for the AJ/Wlad fight:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxin...ey-Boxing-News

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
        He said he wants 50 because America is a bigger country a hahahahaha no one knows you in this big country.

Walking through times square and people were shouting "Who is he" LMAO.

Even the LDBC Wilder fan club are making videos saying Wilder doesn't deserve 50%. Wilder says it's not about money when it comes to fighting Whyte for 4mil.. So why's he pricing yourself out?? He wants 7mil for Whyte and 50% for AJ hahaha he's the biggest duck in boxing and will never fight a legit threat.
        January 2016. Hello, we about to be in January 2018. That's nearly 2 years old. Of course things have changed since. While he's probably not megastar popular, I'm sure a lot more have heard about him since the 2 years of that video.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          I wonder what Deontay counter offer was??? you know considering this should be on 'SHOWTIME' where Joshua came in second last in the years ratings! even little Gary Russell jr. did bigger numbers! and the 'Bronze-Bomber' consistently beat A.J on the ratings even with Szpilka, Molina and Bermane ; Now we can talk about his NBC numbers that broke a million but I don't want to embarrass A.J's troll fans.

Its funny tho, they want to pretend that the great empires viewership don't count.

Eddie Hearn is not dealing with Parker and his country of five million residents, we are talking about the Mecca of boxing U.S.A! as much as I want A.J to grow a pair and fight outside his country for once I kinda want this to be in the UK despite my concerns with its recent robberies ( Takam ) just to make these haters bend the knee to King Deontay in their home country.
          Agreed. In spite of the average marketing for Wilder, he has pulled in good numbers for FOX, NBC and Showtime. Let them fight in the UK first. Don't worry about the robberies - this fight is not going 12. Either guy can win by knockdown. My money is on Wilder under 5 rounds.

The only problem with fighting in the UK first is that if either loses, then they may not be able to make as much money in a rematch in the US as the fight may lose some of its lustre then.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
            This again shows your ignorance, Robbie. I am willing to bet anything that this fight does at least 1 million PPV. Now, in the US, the PPV runs between $69 and $99, I think. Even if we stay in the middle range - say 80, this fight makes $80 million on US PPV. In the UK, I believe your PPV is around 19 pounds meaning you will need to sell almost 4 million PPV in the UK to make that kind of money. So, sorry that alone throw waters into your story.

Now, on the issue of the gates, estimates show that AJ/Wlad gate was between 7 - 8 million pounds. Now, assuming this fight is picked up by the T-mobile arena in Vegas, even with 90000 folks in UK, the US destroy that easily. For the last Mayweather-McGregor fight, I believe the gate was $70 million. So, assuming Wilder-AJ's gate does even 20% of that (very low estimate), then that will match or eclipse the gate for the UK.

For non-UK and non-US, AJ is obviously popular and should get more of that share. I don't know what those numbers are.

Now, when it comes to advertisement revenue, it is a beatdown - another advantage for the US.

So, how exactly does the fight make more again in the UK?

This is another reason why Wilder is asking for 50/50. Do I fully agree with him? No. As I said earlier - if in the UK, AJ should get more of the share. If in the US, Wilder should. If they want to avoid stupid arguments - then go 50/50 across the board like AJ did for Wlad and make the fight. The winner can make more in the rematch.

All I care about is that the fight is made. We are not getting paid for these guys. We pay for them to fight.
            .................... unbelievable levels of stupidity. They can't even get 1 mil viewers on showtime but they'll sell 1 mil PPV? Put down the cheeseburger man, those additives are turning your obese brain in to mush.

Ward and Kovalev were getting better ratings than Wilder and Joshua in the US before they fought. How did their PPV turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              January 2016. Hello, we about to be in January 2018. That's nearly 2 years old. Of course things have changed since. While he's probably not megastar popular, I'm sure a lot more have heard about him since the 2 years of that video.
              Nobody knows him in US still...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                .................... unbelievable levels of stupidity. They can't even get 1 mil viewers on showtime but they'll sell 1 mil PPV? Put down the cheeseburger man, those additives are turning your obese brain in to mush.

Ward and Kovalev were getting better ratings than Wilder and Joshua in the US before they fought. How did their PPV turn out?
                They can't get 1 million viewers on Showtime but they can sell 1 million PPV. That is correct. Because you need the right dance partner. Boxing is not just mathematics.

See link below:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...per-view-sales

The same Mayweather who fought Berto for between 400k and 550k buys also sold over 4 million PPVs against McGregor because it takes the right dance partner. AJ is the right dance partner for Wilder, and vice-versa. So, yes they can sell over 1 million PPV.

Also, please let's not compare Kovalev and Ward to Wilder. Wilder has more personality than both of them which is part of why people watch boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                  They can't get 1 million viewers on Showtime but they can sell 1 million PPV. That is correct. Because you need the right dance partner. Boxing is not just mathematics.

See link below:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...per-view-sales

The same Mayweather who fought Berto for between 400k and 550k buys also sold over 4 million PPVs against McGregor because it takes the right dance partner. AJ is the right dance partner for Wilder, and vice-versa. So, yes they can sell over 1 million PPV.

Also, please let's not compare Kovalev and Ward to Wilder. Wilder has more personality than both of them which is part of why people watch boxing.
                  Mayweather and McGregor are both proven draws, the biggest PPV sellers in their sports. Joshua and Wilder aren't in the US. I can't believe you just compared them

Ward and Kovalev were both getting bigger ratings. The PPV flopped. Just like a Wilder-Joshua one would.

Go make a poll and see how many others agree with your ******ed opinion. I doubt there'll be many.
                  Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-11-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                    He said he wants 50 because America is a bigger country a hahahahaha no one knows you in this big country.

Walking through times square and people were shouting "Who is he" LMAO.

Even the LDBC Wilder fan club are making videos saying Wilder doesn't deserve 50%. Wilder says it's not about money when it comes to fighting Whyte for 4mil.. So why's he pricing yourself out?? He wants 7mil for Whyte and 50% for AJ hahaha he's the biggest duck in boxing and will never fight a legit threat.
                    Agree. "Not about money but give me 3m more and I'll fight" and "give me 50/50" with a guy who's been making north of $10-15m when your highest pay is $1.4 and your the C side. That's the new way of ducking these days cry for the fight but have crazy unrealistic demands. The casuals and nationalistics lap it up.

If the fight doesn't happen next Wilder ducked it plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Mayweather and McGregor are both proven draws, the biggest PPV sellers in their sports. Joshua and Wilder aren't in the US. I can't believe you just compared them

Ward and Kovalev were both getting bigger ratings. The PPV flopped. Just like a Wilder-Joshua one would.

Go make a poll and see how many others agree with your ******ed opinion. I doubt there'll be many.
                      Mayweather was a proven draw but even he sucked against Berto. So, it is not just about being a draw. It is also about your dance partner.

Ward and Kovalev were never big in America. Ward - maybe, but Kovalev not really. Most Americans respect Ward's ability but find his style somewhat boring. He is also not brash or a trash talker like Floyd or Wilder so that obviously did not help him sell since more people I think pay to watch others lose than to watch them win.

I can make a poll but what difference does it make right now? Once the fight is made, if the location is in the US, then a poll will make more sense imo. I'll pass on the issue of being ******ed - common sense is not common I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X