No announcement yet.

Deontay "DUCKSQUAD" Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
    You do have a point here that Wilder and AJ are not as popular in the US. However, Wilder is still by a large margin much more known than AJ. Why? Because this is his country. It is that simple. AJ obviously has been marketed better but please keep in mind that boxing is not even a top 5 sport in the US. This is a fact.

Nevertheless, almost every circle I go to, you see people mention Wilder's name a lot more now than before. Look, not trying to be racist here, but I feel like many African-Americans and Hispanics want to see this fight. I don't know how many of the other ethnicity that may want to see it. But, I hear quite a lot of talk - most of the African-American celebrities will pay a lot of money to go see this fight.
    " Wilder is still by a large margin much more known than AJ. Why? Because this is his country. "

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Actually it does bc everyone knows that a starting point of 50% is an indication of MONTHS of negotiating . Yet the Wilder fanatics will claim Joshua doesn't want the fight bc most of them have low IQ's thats just a fact . And Wilder has truly turned into one of the most annoying characters beyond what i even expected ,alls the guy does best is bark the loudest ......at least Fury stepped up when the opportunity was there . SMH
      Only Joshua fans are so concerned of his finances

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Well that's not necessarily true. none of these guys are big draws in the states, so how could they be guaranteed to make more than 12mil at the gate?
        I think the lure of a unified HWT champion combined with the English fans that will travel for AJ should make for a hefty gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          You want to put 2 fighters that aren't draws in America and have never been on PPV in Vegas?

When was the last time that happened and how successful was it?
          Fair point. That said, AJ will bring in English fans by the droves and the lure of a unified HWT champ should bring fans as well.

The fight will be PPV in England for sure but it doesn't have to be PPV in America.

you could put it on CBS or Fox to maximize viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I think the lure of a unified HWT champion combined with the English fans that will travel for AJ should make for a hefty gate.
            Wilder hasn't shown any signs of great pulling power despite already being the first american HW champ in more than a decade. AJ never fought there.

The natural place to have it is at Wembley where it's guaranteed to do a 10mil+ gate.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Wilder hasn't shown any signs of great pulling power despite already being the first american HW champ in more than a decade. AJ never fought there.

The natural place to have it is at Wembley where it's guaranteed to do a 10mil+ gate.
              If AJ/Wlad did $9 mil, how can you expect AJ/Wilder to do more?

If Aj wants the home crowd then he deserves to have it. He is the draw and IMO the real champ. That said, you and I both know at MGM or T Mobile the fight makes far more dough. AJ is getting the huge chunk of the English PPV money anyway so if its in Vegas he probably gets more.

Either way I'd be happy because the winner is going to be the next big star. If Aj wins in Vegas or Wilder wins in England, that makes either that much bigger a star IMO.

edit: maybe they do MSG in NYC? How do you feel about that?

Comment

Boxing fans should want to see this fight, this crap of wilder not deserving the fight and all this money talk is pure nonsense, let them do the negotiating and hope it will work out, u all are bringing up money as if you are being paid

Comment

Working...
                X