Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay "DUCKSQUAD" Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of you AJ fans are really delusional. First off, the talk is for them to have maybe 2 fights - one in the US and one in the UK. If the fight happens in the US, why the heck should Wilder make less than AJ? Why should AJ make more than Wilder in a US fight? Let's stop talking rubbish here. If, however, the fight happens in the UK, AJ should make more there as he is the popular one there, but acting like AJ is known everywhere is plain BS. He is not. AJ should not make more than Wilder in any fight in the US and vice-versa in any fight in the UK. But, you guys begin to throw out numbers like 80/20 for AJ when even a mandatory gets 25% - typical foolishness. And you see other delusional AJ fans say that he is 50 times more popular than Wilder.

The biggest money that can be made is in Vegas. I think they are trying to put together the Wlad-AJ scenario where one fight was in UK and the second was supposed to be in Vegas. So, let's sit back and let them have fun doing what they do. But all you guys riding Eddie Hearn's coat, good luck with y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
      Most of you AJ fans are really delusional. First off, the talk is for them to have maybe 2 fights - one in the US and one in the UK. If the fight happens in the US, why the heck should Wilder make less than AJ? Why should AJ make more than Wilder in a US fight? Let's stop talking rubbish here. If, however, the fight happens in the UK, AJ should make more there as he is the popular one there, but acting like AJ is known everywhere is plain BS. He is not. AJ should not make more than Wilder in any fight in the US and vice-versa in any fight in the UK. But, you guys begin to throw out numbers like 80/20 for AJ when even a mandatory gets 25% - typical foolishness. And you see other delusional AJ fans say that he is 50 times more popular than Wilder.

The biggest money that can be made is in Vegas. I think they are trying to put together the Wlad-AJ scenario where one fight was in UK and the second was supposed to be in Vegas. So, let's sit back and let them have fun doing what they do. But all you guys riding Eddie Hearn's coat, good luck with y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post

There's no money in the US. Even if they fought in the US more money would come from UK PPV than what they'd make in the US.

You fat yanks are ******ed keep saying Vegas. Neither Wilder or Joshua are draws in America. Vegas isn't going to 10 mil+ for a fight Americans don't give a **** about, get real.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          So basically what you just said is A.J came close to doing Wilders numbers ok, thanks.
          In AJ's secondary market. Add 800k PPV on top of that

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            In AJ's secondary market. Add 800k PPV on top of that
            Still waiting on Deontays Sky numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              There's no money in the US. Even if they fought in the US more money would come from UK PPV than what they'd make in the US.

You fat yanks are ******ed keep saying Vegas. Neither Wilder or Joshua are draws in America. Vegas isn't going to 10 mil+ for a fight Americans don't give a **** about, get real.
              Those 5$ UK PPV's tho. We paying 80+ U.S dollars for our PPV's, theres levels to this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Still waiting on Deontays Sky numbers.
                not even 100k...

if you think that Deontay wilder pulled more than that at 3am on a saturday in the UK then youre on the same **** as tyson fury.

Also... give it a rest with the showtime numbers. it was in the ****ing afternoon lol..

you know damn well that the HBO replay 5 hours later pulled in nearly a million.

Comment

This again shows your ignorance, Robbie. I am willing to bet anything that this fight does at least 1 million PPV. Now, in the US, the PPV runs between $69 and $99, I think. Even if we stay in the middle range - say 80, this fight makes $80 million on US PPV. In the UK, I believe your PPV is around 19 pounds meaning you will need to sell almost 4 million PPV in the UK to make that kind of money. So, sorry that alone throw waters into your story.

Now, on the issue of the gates, estimates show that AJ/Wlad gate was between 7 - 8 million pounds. Now, assuming this fight is picked up by the T-mobile arena in Vegas, even with 90000 folks in UK, the US destroy that easily. For the last Mayweather-McGregor fight, I believe the gate was $70 million. So, assuming Wilder-AJ's gate does even 20% of that (very low estimate), then that will match or eclipse the gate for the UK.

For non-UK and non-US, AJ is obviously popular and should get more of that share. I don't know what those numbers are.

Now, when it comes to advertisement revenue, it is a beatdown - another advantage for the US.

So, how exactly does the fight make more again in the UK?

This is another reason why Wilder is asking for 50/50. Do I fully agree with him? No. As I said earlier - if in the UK, AJ should get more of the share. If in the US, Wilder should. If they want to avoid stupid arguments - then go 50/50 across the board like AJ did for Wlad and make the fight. The winner can make more in the rematch.

All I care about is that the fight is made. We are not getting paid for these guys. We pay for them to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Joshua could fight Fury, or Haye and make the same amount of money as against Wilder. Why do you think Hearn says he wants Wilder to build his profile?

Joshua already fights on Showtime on equal footing and does equal numbers to Wilder on a platform Wilder has been on for 5 years. But good try.

Step to a bigger stage?

I didn't realize the leisure centers in Alabama or the barclays center is a bigger stage than Wembley or Principality stadium.
                    The first two in the UK yes those fights make the exact same pretty much, I wouldn't dispute that. Both would be paid a lot of money to do it.

Wilder's numbers are better and it is not even just about that in the US market it would be the end result is better than what both had going in. It is big for both no doubt.

Wilder has been knocking dudes out in New York in front of 11k+ against a guy that nobody wanted to se him fight. So Wilder's profile is just fine but yea of course Hearn wants him to be even bigger because the bigger Wilder is the better for them. Wilder will be just fine he gets on TV, I am sure he could get a gig at Wrestlemania if he tries or Dancing with the Stars.

Everything is fine they will fight and both will be paid a lot and yes Joshua will get paid more because he deserves the lions share from the UK. So he is always getting paid more I don't think anyone disputes any of that.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-11-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Neither Wilder or Joshua are draws in America. Vegas isn't going to 10 mil+ for a fight Americans don't give a **** about, get real.
                      You do have a point here that Wilder and AJ are not as popular in the US. However, Wilder is still by a large margin much more known than AJ. Why? Because this is his country. It is that simple. AJ obviously has been marketed better but please keep in mind that boxing is not even a top 5 sport in the US. This is a fact.

Nevertheless, almost every circle I go to, you see people mention Wilder's name a lot more now than before. Look, not trying to be racist here, but I feel like many African-Americans and Hispanics want to see this fight. I don't know how many of the other ethnicity that may want to see it. But, I hear quite a lot of talk - most of the African-American celebrities will pay a lot of money to go see this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X