No announcement yet.

Shelly Finkel in 2015 - "Wilder Will Not Be Rushed To Klitschko"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Hearn has demanded Wilder fight Whyte, and won't even give him an AJ guarantee. I'm not going to be kind about this anymore; anyone who doesn't find that suspect is a delusional fanboy, or just a straight idiot when it comes to boxing. PERIOD.

I'm fine with people liking AJ. I really don't like or dislike him. It's what his promoter is doing that is wrong. Same with Oscar in the Canelo situation but no one here has the balls to be honest about it because they think criticizing Hearn is criticizing Joshua. That's some simple-minded bullshyt.
    Right I'm calling BS. He hasn't demanded it, he suggested it, he offered it, and he didn't say no AJ fight after, he said he doesn't like doing 2 fight deals, or guarantees, because anything can happen, and even then he said he'll still entertain a convo about it. He has been proactive in trying to build a fight with Wilder and Joshua.

An aspect to this is which is also being overlooked, isn't that disrespecting his other fighter, shouldn't Whyte get the same guarantees if he wins? I can see why he wouldn't want to touch that, its a slippery slope.

Another thing here is the fact that the whole Whyte offer has actually taken this whole thing from simmering in the background to something that everyone is demanding now, and it made everyone start talking about the Wilder-Joshua fight, it wasn't like Joshua was under massive pressure to take the Wilder fight post Klitschko. Even then the talk was, WBA mandatory, IBF mandatory, and then lets look at unifying in summer 2018 and do it big at Wembley again, or Vegas.

You guys are pulling this stuff out of your ass tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      The truth is this.

They spoon fed wilder bums for 7 years while he developed and got experience then when he was ready and it was the right thing to do because its only recently hes become as good as he is.

With joshua hearn really want to do the same thing because he knows joshua aint ready and theres been damn worrying signs in the last 2 fights.

I didnt agree with it either time and people have to remember wilder got a ton of abuse for it so its only fair the other way.

Truth. And, honestly, I mean real honestly, when they did it with Wilder I said I didn't like it, but I understood why they were doing it. Same with AJ. I don't like it. I think there should be public backlash against it. But, I understand why it's happening.

What I don't respect is when fans be like fans and pretend none of this shyt is going on. I've got more self respect than to let a promoter sell me on some bullshyt like that and make me his mouthpiece. No thanks. I can like a fighter w/o being a propaganda agent.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Right I'm calling BS. He hasn't demanded it, he suggested it, he offered it, and he didn't say no AJ fight after, he said he doesn't like doing 2 fight deals, or guarantees, because anything can happen, and even then he said he'll still entertain a convo about it. He has been proactive in trying to build a fight with Wilder and Joshua.

An aspect to this is which is also being overlooked, isn't that disrespecting his other fighter, shouldn't Whyte get the same guarantees if he wins? I can see why he wouldn't want to touch that, its a slippery slope.

Another thing here is the fact that the whole Whyte offer has actually taken this whole thing from simmering in the background to something that everyone is demanding now, and it made everyone start talking about the Wilder-Joshua fight, it wasn't like Joshua was under massive pressure to take the Wilder fight post Klitschko. Even then the talk was, WBA mandatory, IBF mandatory, and then lets look at unifying in summer 2018 and do it big at Wembley again, or Vegas.

You guys are pulling this stuff out of your ass tbh.
        Stopped reading after you called me out and then immediately admitted "he offered it". I'm not playing semantics with you guys. Your fan loyalty has you so fking confused on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Stopped reading after you called me out and then immediately admitted "he offered it". I'm not playing semantics with you guys. Your fan loyalty has you so fking confused on this subject.
          Haha pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            The truth is this.

They spoon fed wilder bums for 7 years while he developed and got experience then when he was ready and it was the right thing to do because its only recently hes become as good as he is.

With joshua hearn really want to do the same thing because he knows joshua aint ready and theres been damn worrying signs in the last 2 fights.

I didnt agree with it either time and people have to remember wilder got a ton of abuse for it so its only fair the other way.
            Difference is that AJ has fought better fights faster in a time where there heavyweight reigns overlap. I think he deserves more leeway.

I agree with the worrying signs, he is open to the right hand over the top, which is one of Wilder's few effective punches, he will have to fix that habit before the fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Surely you see the irony here? This is not hate - it is highlighting massive hypocrisy.
              Explain yourself only in your brittle mind is this hypocrisy.
              I see povetkin and and Ortiz as much better competition in 16-17

Comment

Hearn offered the Whyte fight knowing that it would get more attention for Wilder in the UK side. Neither Finkel or anyone on Wilder's side has been talking about a Joshua fight because no one contacted Hearn about it.

If they were as interested in making the fight happen as they say, then they would have contacted Hearn about it. They have not.

Comment

So you dont want Joshua-Wilder?

Comment

haymon has huge money just offer joshua 20 million or so to get the fght in vegas. wilder expects a hand out from joshua??? he draws ten times more revenue than wilder so wilder cant be expecting much more than 10 percent of the split. big talk is all it is. its like lara calling out golovkin then expecting 40-50 percent of the purse....why would that happen???

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      haymon has huge money just offer joshua 20 million or so to get the fght in vegas.
                      Nah fam...they couldn't get the Wilder-Povetkin fight in the US.

Haymon has money but he doesn't use it towards these fights getting made like that

Comment

Working...
                      X