No announcement yet.

Shelly Finkel in 2015 - "Wilder Will Not Be Rushed To Klitschko"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Where is the double standard? Wilder's team was honest. If Joshua's team was being honest, nobody would be complaining.

They are being honest...very honest. Don't know if you are interested listening to the whole thing but...in short Eddie Hearn says that they would prefer the fight in 12-18 months because they feel in that time Joshua would have enough time to develop to a point where Wilder would have 0 chance in the fight, but they are willing to jump sooner because the fans are demanding it, and they still feel he will beat Wilder, but the fight is much more dangerous.

Where are they not being honest?

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Erm...Yeah, I don't think so bro. Try again.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=763973
      Lol, whut?? Your link just proved exactly what I said. GTFO, are you serious.

Comment

He ducked Wlad which was a smart move. I'm glad he did because we wouldn't have any heavyweight fight to even talk about now. Wlad would be retired, Wilder would have no fans and will have been thrown on the scrap heap following a loss to Wlad.

There was no sense in making the fight. It would have been a total mismatch and boring fight at that.

Comment

Get ready for the closet Wilder fanboys to rush in for damage control ....i see a few of the more obvious ones have already !

Hell maybe i'll find the quote where Wilder HIMSELF says he will wait for Klitchko to age a little more back in 2015 and post that !

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            They are being honest...very honest. Don't know if you are interested listening to the whole thing but...in short Eddie Hearn says that they would prefer the fight in 12-18 months because they feel in that time Joshua would have enough time to develop to a point where Wilder would have 0 chance in the fight, but they are willing to jump sooner because the fans are demanding it, and they still feel he will beat Wilder, but the fight is much more dangerous.

Where are they not being honest?

Yes, we listened to the entire show last night. Where Eddie wasn't being honest was with all the Whyte nonsense. Now that's been dropped because of the statement Wilder made Saturday. As well as Finkel going public about Eddie ducking him.

I think Eddie was very honest on that podcast you posted and he realizes Wilder has backed him into a corner and the Whyte ruse won't fly.

But where Eddie wasn't being honest is when he was trying to buy time with Whyte, whereas in 2015 Finkel was straight up about Wilder not being ready.

Hopefully it's all water under the bridge now and Finkel & Hearn are locked in a room trying to hammer something out.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Where is the double standard? Wilder's team was honest. If Joshua's team was being honest, nobody would be complaining.
              So are you willing to admit Wilder ducked Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Get ready for the closet Wilder fanboys to rush in for damage control ....i see a few of the more obvious ones have already !

Hell maybe i'll find the quote where Wilder HIMSELF says he will wait for Klitchko to age a little more back in 2015 and post that !
                So, we agree he may have avoided Klitschko? And, that's bad, right?
                Ok, then why are you so cool with AJ avoiding Wilder?

Please resist the temptation to go off subject or deflect, because I know that's coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Lol, whut?? Your link just proved exactly what I said. GTFO, are you serious.
                  Not really - from my point of view it is proving how ridiculous the last 3 days have been on two fronts.

A) What is wrong with a guy developing his whole game before he steps in with his biggest threat...
                  B) Especially when that guy has been allowed point A, and his team used that same ethos and approach to his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    He ducked Wlad which was a smart move. I'm glad he did because we wouldn't have any heavyweight fight to even talk about now. Wlad would be retired, Wilder would have no fans and will have been thrown on the scrap heap following a loss to Wlad.

There was no sense in making the fight. It would have been a total mismatch and boring fight at that.
                    Im not so sure about that . He would have learned more in one fight against Klitchko then his entire career .which would have MAYBE have actually let his team develope and actually pick better opposition so he would MAYBE be better today .

A loss to Klitchko certainly isnt any worse than no relevant fight on your resume . I think avoiding Klitchko not only slowed his progress but also would have got rid of his team walking on egg shells which would have eliminated half of the non relevant fights he took .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Im not so sure about that . He would have learned more in one fight against Klitchko then his entire career .which would have MAYBE have actually let his team develope and actually pick better opposition so he would MAYBE be better today .

A loss to Klitchko certainly isnt any worse than no relevant fight on your resume . I think avoiding Klitchko not only slowed his progress but also would have got rid of his team walking on egg shells which would have eliminated half of the non relevant fights he took .
                      I think a loss will break him. He's a creation and once he's exposed he doesn't have the talent or skill level to really become elite so with a crushing loss he'd be Michael Grant part II.

Comment

Working...
                      X