Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Don't Need Whyte; Hearn Needs To Offer Me $7 Million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lmao your in the wrong thread ir didnt read the article

Comment

• Originally posted by KING5TWENTY View Post
      Man I hate Eddie Hearn just pay the good man his money which should be more then what Martin got a few years ago, a man with no name and no belt. Also nonody cares about that guy Whyte people want AJ. Whyte will most likely be koed in his next fight by a guy who was koed by a guy who was koed by Wilder, he is leagues below him.
      please tell me when dillian whyte fought martin and how much they got

Comment

Whats expected is you covering up for your hero. Whyte and Aj can do no wrong right? Who is whyte? Why would Wilder fight him? Are you stupid or did you not read the article?
        for 4 million dollars??? why would wilder fight anyone for less? please answer. does he hate money is that your answer?

Comment

• If you’re gonna waste my time, you’re gonna pay for it. You’re gonna pay more than $4 million to waste my time

The love of money is the root of all evil. My life don’t dwell just on money.

So if they come up on that price, like we want, they got them a fight. I promise you that.

money is evil but if they pay him more evil money he will do it?

Comment

I doubt it would last 3 rounds. Whyte is absolute trash
            I disagree. Whyte is a viable opponent. He did good against AJ, but I agree that 7 million in 2017 is absurd for a HW champion whether he's popular or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
              Didn't hearn give Charles Martin about 6-8m to fight Joshua for the ibf belt??? Unless you guys are saying that Martin was a more known and better champion than Wilder....... Then I don't get the excuses that's being made here. Pay Wilder the 7m flat and let him ko whyte for the world to see. It all sounds like an excuse to justify all the ducking aj is doing. Wilder is right.
              Not sure where you heard that? AJ made £3million fighting Martin, (the same amount he made for Whyte, Breazeale and Molina) so I highly highly doubt Hearn paid Martin that much (regardless of him being the 'champ') at the time.

He made £10 million against Klitschko, (Klitschko made same) which is his biggest purse so far, so Wilder's demands don't really hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                I think I read Haye and Bellew split around 7 million pounds (or $9 million).

I expect a UK fight with Wilder v. Whyte could justify a purse of $8 million. Put it on an AJ undercard when he fights next against Parker (would also build up the big one) and there's enough money for everybody involved.

If Eddie is trying to run separate cards then that makes it harder to pull off. But the number seems fair to me.
                How do you work that out?

Haye and Bellew are big names in the UK, household names. Haye is still probably the second biggest draw in this country and the most famous active boxer along with Joshua. So consider they're only splitting $9m or whatever, then there's no way Whyte v Wilder would have that much money available for the purses. They're unknown in general, apart from Whyte is known for losing to Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  Pulev/Takam is a mando. Not a voluntary fight like Whyte would be for Wilder.
                  Good point.

But just from the low risk high reward position, I cant completely understand why he is so dismissive about facing Whyte.

Career high payday, average opponent and THE opportunity to make himself known to the british audience, which will lead to a megafight against Joshua.

Right now Joshua Vs Wilder is still a big fight, but nowhere as big as it could possible be.

Im not a fan of overmarinating, but dont see what is wrong about facing whyte in order to make the joshua wilder fight much bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    I disagree. Whyte is a viable opponent. He did good against AJ, but I agree that 7 million in 2017 is absurd for a HW champion whether he's popular or not.
                    The same fighter that won't get 4 million from the team that promotes him.

It's funny how some talk about Wilder but overlook that the demand to see him fight in the US is nowhere close to the level of AJ...

"It's not that (Wilder) doesn't bring anything to the table. He doesn't bring enough to the table, not for another champion. The Wilder-Joshua fight would be interesting, but only in the UK. It wouldn't be huge in the United States, but in the UK it would do big business." - Bob Arum, May 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                      The same fighter that won't get 4 million from the team that promotes him.

It's funny how some talk about Wilder but overlook that the demand to see him fight in the US is nowhere close to the level of AJ...

"It's not that (Wilder) doesn't bring anything to the table. He doesn't bring enough to the table, not for another champion. The Wilder-Joshua fight would be interesting, but only in the UK. It wouldn't be huge in the United States, but in the UK it would do big business." - Bob Arum, May 2017
                      Look at this hating rat.

Who is demanding to see Joshua in the US???

Comment

Working...
                      X