Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua's knockout streak will most likely end against Carlos Takam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about a bet on AJ by Dec, which was 9/1 yesterday on Bet365, but dont think so now.

Just rewatched Takam vs Parker and while he is tough and awkward i can see him giving up too much ground as he realises hiw strong AJ is in close, and getting trapped on the ropes. AJ punches with more weight than Parker who is more snappy quick puncher so Takam will likely get busted up more.

Also have to account for brit stoppage aswell.

Edit: take that back after watching some of the Povetkin fight. He likely wont get backed up, but he still takes too many shots imo and he is too inconsistent defensively. One thing i do like is his left hook counter which AJ has had problems with in the past. Maybe over uses it at times but could catch Joshua early and give him something to think about.
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-17-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

That logic... apart from when he was KO'd, he has never been KO'd.... yeah... stick with that... that makes loads of sense....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I am quite looking forward to it.

Takam is a rough and tough customer. Pulev has quality would but would probably have boxed at mid and long range and eventually taken something massive. Takam has to get inside and rough AJ up. And he's a big unit too. Different kind of test and I can't think of anyone who has done that with AJ. Molina boxed of the back foot and got blasted, I honestly can't even remember the Breazale fight apart from him taking a shoeing, Martin stayed on the outside and waited for AJ to punch a hole in him, and Wlad fought brilliantly but still fought like Wlad.

Also I see Jarrell Miller is a future threat. Big unit, rough and tough, and will put shots together. Takam is preparation to that future match up.
        Dillian Whyte took the fight to AJ and had him in trouble at one point.

Comment

Takam is tough and will probably make for a more entertaining fight than Pulev but he also leaves himself open a lot more.

dunno if he is as good at 36 though

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Dillian Whyte took the fight to AJ and had him in trouble at one point.
            Yeah, of course. Dunno how I forgot Dillian.

He definitely went for him.

Comment

Bull**** stoppage! Other than that, my prediction was on track to becoming true. Despite the fact that everyone else disagreed with me here.

Comment

Yep Takam ate AJ's best shot and was going nowhere. was going 12 rounds no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Yep Takam ate AJ's best shot and was going nowhere. was going 12 rounds no doubt about it.
                  For sure! Joshua's power becomes less of a factor during the later rounds.

Comment

If I was Carlos Takam, I would definitely be aiming for a rematch in the future! He is a decent, and very solid fighter! (Yes as a stand by fighter, he must of been training but? I wonder how different his training camp would be with 12 weeks notice!)....

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      If I was Carlos Takam, I would definitely be aiming for a rematch in the future! He is a decent, and very solid fighter! (Yes as a stand by fighter, he must of been training but? I wonder how different his training camp would be with 12 weeks notice!)....
                      I agree! those here were either heavily underestimating what Carlos Takam could do. Or they were heavily overestimating what Anthony Joshua was capable of. Fact is, Joshua didn't do better against Takam than Povetkin did and it's debatable if Joshua is even a more powerful puncher than Povetkin is.

I'm not sure if Takam could go on to beat Joshua in a rematch at this age though. However, I think he could do much better in a rematch (likewise Joshua too).

Comment

Working...
                      X