Anthony Joshua's knockout streak will most likely end against Carlos Takam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua's knockout streak will most likely end against Carlos Takam

Anthony Joshua's knockout streak will most likely end against Carlos Takam

Apart from getting knocked out by Alexander Povetkin, Carlos Takam has never been knocked out. He has also fought Joseph Parker and managed to last the 12 round distance. Proving that he has decent enough punch resistance. He has also fought other decent opposition and proved that he has solid punch resistance against them as well.

This bout will prove how good Anthony Joshua's boxing skills, particularly offensive skills and punching power is. Knocking out an opponent who has a proven punch resistance is more impressive than doing the contrary. It's a unique feat! Therefore, it proves how special the boxer is.

AJ takes him out within 8.

Comment

Is that you Carlos??

Comment

Josh stops him after 9 rounds. After fight people will say takram would have did much better with more notice

Comment

Doubt it. I think Pulev had the better chance of lasting the distance, though Takam may be able to get close and land some powershots. It'll probably be pretty entertaining

Comment

Carlos Takam has really good punch resistance. It's best not to overlook him.

Comment

I am quite looking forward to it.

Takam is a rough and tough customer. Pulev has quality would but would probably have boxed at mid and long range and eventually taken something massive. Takam has to get inside and rough AJ up. And he's a big unit too. Different kind of test and I can't think of anyone who has done that with AJ. Molina boxed of the back foot and got blasted, I honestly can't even remember the Breazale fight apart from him taking a shoeing, Martin stayed on the outside and waited for AJ to punch a hole in him, and Wlad fought brilliantly but still fought like Wlad.

Also I see Jarrell Miller is a future threat. Big unit, rough and tough, and will put shots together. Takam is preparation to that future match up.

Comment

Good fight, takam is a bit old and not as active anymore but i prefer this fight to pulev, who literally only has a jab and nothing else and seems to fold under pressure. Whereas takam is tough as nails and is a pressure fighter.

Comment

I would be surprise if it goes the full 12 either way. I know Joshua went 11 rounds against Klit but i think he needs a full 12 rounds in 3/4 fights, to get his body use to throwing shots even in those championship rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    After fight people will say takram would have did much better with more notice
                    In fairness most cats given 8 weeks plus to train for a specific guy than 2 weeks or less will perform better its safe to assume.

Thats a given every way to, some cats just act like the short notice replacement is at a disadvantage, but the guy who's been training for a few weeks can be in a near similar situation (outside of his shape during the previous weeks of training) so strategically & with prep for specific styles it can be a problem for both guys.

That said I think Joshua isn't going to get his KO streak ended here. The 3 most notable guys Takam has fought are Parker (L dec), Perez (D dec) & Povetkin (KO'd by) & I think Joshua is more on par with Povetkin than Parker or Perez. Plus Takam was more prime at 33 than he is now at 36. Joshua likely stops Takam.

Comment

Working...
                    X