Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley has a better resume than Ward, Calzaghe, Canelo,Cotto, and many others..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Way?

Name them.

Name me 5 fights where only one member of the media didn't have the loser winning.
    Off the top of my head....hmm Santa Cruz vs Casamayor, that one fight(I think it was in Argentina) where the ref was even helping the home guy, Whitaker vs Chavez, Roy Jones in the Olympics, think Lewis vs Holyfield was horrible too. Off the top of my head, there are others I'm sure, especially if you count the ones from the older days.

FYI there were more than just 1 that picked Bradley in the media. Another one had it a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I didn't think Tim beat Manny. Tim is a borderline HOF IMO who will eventually get in. Ward is a 1st ballot HOF'er. Cotto is a sure fire HOF'er. Canelo eventually will be. Calzaghe doesn't deserve it IMO but he will likely get in.
      Tim is a borderline HOF but yet has a better resume than all those dudes.

Boxing and its double standards. People fall for hype so fast in sports so easily. Sheep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Tim is a borderline HOF but yet has a better resume than all those dudes.

Boxing and its double standards. People fall for hype so fast in sports so easily. Sheep!
        I don't know that he has a better resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I don't know that he has a better resume.
          Then please explain why the others do. Remember to have the same standard when stating your opinion.

Comment

• I thought Pac-Bradley 1 was closer than most made it out to be but Pac still won it. The HBO announcers oversold their confidence in some of those rounds that they said Pac won in the last 30 seconds.

That being said it's one of the most lopsided fights in terms of ringside and public opinion of who won. It's up there with all-time least popular decisions right alongside fights like Chavez-Whittaker.

Ward-Kovalev 1 is easily a tier or so below in terms of how unpopular the decision was. There are lots of posters that copy and paste the same subset of scorecards that miss a few scorecards I noticed live, including BoxingScene's 114-113 for Ward. And even if you pretend that those other scores don't exist, you are still looking at 20-25% of media who agreed with the scorecards, which suggest that the scorecards were unpopular but not unfathomable.

As far as his resume being better than Canelo... regardless of what you think now I expect Canelo will finish with a stronger overall record. That's not a given but he's still very young.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Ok, seriously, which part of "he should have fought Bute" are you not understanding?
              What do you think the chances were that Bute would have won that fight?

Comment

Off the top of my head....hmm Santa Cruz vs Casamayor, that one fight(I think it was in Argentina) where the ref was even helping the home guy, Whitaker vs Chavez, Roy Jones in the Olympics, think Lewis vs Holyfield was horrible too. Off the top of my head, there are others I'm sure, especially if you count the ones from the older days.

FYI there were more than just 1 that picked Bradley in the media. Another one had it a draw.
                Exactly the fights you just picked were CLEAR robberies but there with the worst of all time and every fight you just mentioned no one considers the offical decision legit.

Your other examples don't compare to those.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  What do you think the chances were that Bute would have won that fight?
                  In hindsight? 1%.

At the time though I would have said 70-30 Ward.

Comment

There has been wayyyyyyy bigger robberies than Pac vs Bradley. Hardly competitive? Did you watch the fights? As I mentioned(yet again), he took it to Pac and he did better than Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley. Bigger fucking men.

My OP was about resume. Take away Pac, just like you take away Kovalev from Ward, Mosley from Cotto, Hopkins from Calzaghe, who has a better win than a win over Marquez? Bradley has the better resume no fucking doubt about it.

What have those guys done that's better than the guys I put on my opening post?

Ward isn't this master boxer that you guys claim. Bradley when he actually boxed, had better skills. Put some fights side by side, watch them, and see the difference. WTF is so master boxer by jab and clinch? People just go to boxrec, see the "W" and act like they know it all.

One of Ward's biggest wins(Dawson), Ward had to bring Dawson down and drain him. As a Dawson fan, I saw that he wasn't the same. Abraham lost to Froch before Ward and yet people still claim Ward cleaned the division, it was Froch doing all the work. Ward is one of the most overrated boxers of all time.

Bradley had better skills than Calzaghe too.

Cotto and Canelo are apples and oranges with Bradley's skills. They all have some little things that they do. They certainly don't rely on football tackling someone after a jab that's for sure.
                    I don't think Bradley's own wife could defend him as much you are trying to defend him. I'm not even sure you're real Bradley fan. I notice a lot of your defense is tearing down the accomplishment of the other fighters. Especially Ward. No matter how much you try, it's not working. Bradley is a decent fighter who got a gift against Pacquiao. I'm assuming it was Arum's attempt to increase his status from being a borderline star. It backfired because no one bought it. Not even the people that weren't fans of Pacquiao. He'll probably get in the HOF but so will the other fighters you're comparing him to. Neither his resume or his accomplishments are better than Ward's. It's not as good but maybe closer to the other 3. He's a good fighter but he's a level below or at best on par with Canelo, Cotto, and Calzaghe. He's not event in the same conversation with Ward.

Comment

• Tim Bradley undoubtedly had an impressive resume. If he had more power, he would have definitely been rated amongst fans more favorably.

Comment

Working...
                      X