No announcement yet.

The WBC, VADA testing, and Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I still don't get this USADA are in Mayweather pocket angle. I get lost every time that comes in the conversation. Your official drug testing agency for your whole country would be in the pocket of one athlete not some but one! The same agency that chase Lance Armstrong until he was banned but would be in the pocket of a boxer who talks trash and flashes his money. I don't get that angle at all. And is the "Money belt" an official belt now? lol I thought that was a joke belt for that exbition fight.
    USADA is paid by Mayweather Promotions for his fights...double the rate that WADA gets.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      USADA is paid by Mayweather Promotions for his fights...double the rate that WADA gets.
      Who are WADA? And what do they do and how much is their rates?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        If Vada is the best...why are posters like you slamming Wilder over Povetkin and Ortiz?
        Where have I slammed Wilder over his opponents cheating? I have actually sided with Wilder on those incidents. I'm not a fan of the way he has navigated his career, but Povetkin was a cheat and Ortiz is a dumbass if he was caught with anything other than blood pressure meds, which he should have reported prior to testing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          An idiot clearly.
          Idiot? Why, because I dare to question the integrity of WBC, USADA and Mayweather? Since when is boxing a clean sport free of scandal? Where there is smoke there is fire, and I question why WBC suddenly partners up with VADA just when Mayweather was retiring. Then, allows an exception to their policy with questionable loopholes that don't support their stance on cleaning up the sport and the overall safety of fighters. Seems fairly reasonable to call this into question.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Idiot? Why, because I dare to question the integrity of WBC, USADA and Mayweather? Since when is boxing a clean sport free of scandal? Where there is smoke there is fire, and I question why WBC suddenly partners up with VADA just when Mayweather was retiring. Then, allows an exception to their policy with questionable loopholes that don't support their stance on cleaning up the sport and the overall safety of fighters. Seems fairly reasonable to call this into question.

Comment

People hate Mayweather so much....they have convinced themselves that a drug testing agency founded by Victor Conte is a good thing.

SMH.

Comment

what exception??? Mayweather and McGregor were not ranked top 15 by the WBC

Comment

its 2017, you folk are STILL talking about this crap? get a life

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                    its 2017, you folk are STILL talking about this crap? get a life
                    And Floyd fought in Aug of 2017. Obviously you don't have much of a life if you took the time to respond to this thread with nothing of value.

Comment

And Floyd fought in Aug of 2017. Obviously you don't have much of a life if you took the time to respond to this thread with nothing of value.
                      why add value to a worthless discussion about a glorified exhibition fight

Comment

Working...
                      X