Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has there never been a demand for Khan vs Ortiz???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's very interesting because those two actually fought each other in the amateurs where Amir Khan won.

Comment

Same reason there is no demand for chris algerie vs sam egginton, sure i wouldn't mind watching it but nobody is going to demand it. Khan needs to fight brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Cause both are irrelevant
        In the larger scheme yes but it's still a good fight between two names and would draw interest. But it seems there's never been a demand for the fight, even when the guys were at the top of 140. They've had very similar careers in a lot of ways.

Comment

I think they both stink although Khan is the better and more reliable fighter. Khan won't quit and has a strong will to win. He has that weak chin and gets careless at times and that gets him knocked out. I would favor Khan but Ortiz certainly has the power to knock Khan out. I guess it would be an interesting and fun fight to watch. It isn't a must see fight to me because neither is that good and I am more interested in watching the very best welterweights than mediocre welterweights. Khan was better years ago under Roach but he always had that weak chin and poor recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
            In the larger scheme yes but it's still a good fight between two names and would draw interest. But it seems there's never been a demand for the fight, even when the guys were at the top of 140. They've had very similar careers in a lot of ways.
            I don't think there will be interest in that fight. Both are irrelevant.

Comment

Ortiz had a very short peak starting with his first Berto fight and ending with either Lopez or Collazo. Maybe he could have gotten a Khan fight if he beat Collazo or Berto but right now Ortiz's name is fairly worthless and he;s just the next stepping stone for an upcoming prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                Ortiz had a very short peak starting with his first Berto fight and ending with either Lopez or Collazo. Maybe he could have gotten a Khan fight if he beat Collazo or Berto but right now Ortiz's name is fairly worthless and he;s just the next stepping stone for an upcoming prospect.
                Is Khan's name worth much more? I'm tired of the guy sitting around being delusional about getting a big fight and I think Ortiz is the perfect amount of risk/reward for him right now.

Comment

It would've been cool to see this fight in 2010. Now both guys are washed up despite being young and are now part time fighters. Ortiz has had 6 fights in the last 6 years and Khan has had 5 fights in the last 5 years. Ortiz seems like he'd rather be a movie star and I dunno what Khan wants to be but it's probably time for him to stop being on the receiving end of all these knockout of the year candidates. It's kinda of a shame how far short they fell of their potential. Both guys looked like they could be future stars when they were coming up.

Comment

If your talking about victor ortiz the the answer is obvious. Who the hell would demand to see Ortiz fight anyone.

Comment

because its not 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X