Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz: WBC Prez Explains Current Situation, Ruling Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    And we know VADA catches cheat and USADA lets them go.

They even have destroyed samples, no wonder Marion Jones got away with their cheating

Many American Athletes taking banned substances and passing it off as TUE including the Williams sisters and Simone Biles.
    Worry about your uk dope fiends.

According to figures from UK Anti-Doping (Ukad), the national body responsible for protecting clean sport, there are currently 52 athletes and coaches serving bans.
    One source said that only “very resourceful” doping control officers from countries such as the UK had prevented the integrity of sample collection being compromised.

Americans are just superior to your people
    Those girls haven’t tested positive like European drug cheaters Tyson Fury,Sharapova, Povetkin

Comment

WBC need to show strong leadership and consistency here. He should be banned and removed from the rankings. I know Wilder has said he'll take the fight anyway but that would set a terrible precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Case in point, Aleem vs Khytrov. Khytrov was tested, Aleem was not, so Aleem had the iron chin that night, Khytrov didn't. Then Aleem was tested against his next opponent, and got knocked out with one shot.
        Lmao are you trying to insinuate that Aleem was on PED's when he beat Khytrov? If so you used probably the stupidest reasoning possible I didn't know PED's gave you a better chin lol you don't think Khytrov was a over-hyped Ukranian that got exposed that night by someone who wasn't going to lay down dont forget Aleem got hurt in that fight a few times as well so I dont see what your point is.

Centeno landed a picture perfect left hook on Aleem and thats why he got KOed it can happen to anyone and Centeno has good power he 1 punch KOed James De La Rosa the same De La Rosa that went the distance with Alfredo Angulo and Curtis Stevens 2 big punchers themselves.

Don't try to discredit fighters and start rumors when there is no evidence to support it.

Comment

This whole process is confusing. I don't know enough about this particular situation but can tell you its not healthy to stop a blood pressure medicine cold turkey. I think the one they mention is for water, a duiretic of sorts. The thing is steriods may help an athlete recover, but what benefit it has during fights is suspect at best. We need to start coming to terms with some of these drugs frankly. Something that helps an athlete recover from injury should perhaps not be banned if it is taken far enough away from the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            I think the issue with this is that if the WBC doesn't recognize this as a title defense, then there would be an issue with him not fighting his mandatory instead?

I'm not sure. But I wouldn't mind that.
            But if Ortiz is cheating, which he is guilty of once already, he is being rewarded with the largest payday of his career and still was able to use steriods up to this last test. No, as much as I was excited for this fight I say dump Ortiz and suspend him a full year (his first offense was for 8 months). Wilder would be better off elevating Stiverne and knocking out him then rewarding someone trying to use a substance to give him extra juice.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              This whole process is confusing. I don't know enough about this particular situation but can tell you its not healthy to stop a blood pressure medicine cold turkey. I think the one they mention is for water, a duiretic of sorts. The thing is steriods may help an athlete recover, but what benefit it has during fights is suspect at best. We need to start coming to terms with some of these drugs frankly. Something that helps an athlete recover from injury should perhaps not be banned if it is taken far enough away from the fight.

I think what you are referring to is a human growth hormone, something quite different than a steroid. HGH can help you recover from some injuries, but from what I understand they are still able to give you an unfair advantage in power. Baseball pitchers used them to get extra velocity in pitches in the heyday of the steriods era and every one of them claimed it was to recover from an injury. If that is true, and I am trusting some medical people I know and am not an expert, they will absolutely cause boxers to throw harder punches with more power behind them. Force = mass X speed. If mass is constant but speed is unfairly increased, the result is still a medically altered ability to hurt someone.

Comment

Ortiz should be banned.

He wants us to believe that a guy who has tested positive before just forgot to declare blood pressure meds for the most important fight of his career? Really? Ban his ass.
                Last edited by IMDAZED; 10-02-2017, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  I guess only Floyd get retrospective TUE then.
                  Floyd got a retroactive exemption because he followed all of the rules. He didn't hide anything. The USADA doping control officer was with him the entire day and Floyd never left the presence of the DCO.

Floyd gave a sample right before the IV and another sample right after the IV. The DCO witnessed Floyd's poor condition, witnessed the paramedics, witnessed the administering of the IV, etc.

Anybody else under the same circumstances would have been granted an exemption. That is precisely why retroactive exemptions exist. So the fighter can receive treatment without the DCO having to make any sort of ruling in the heat of the moment. Then the evidence and facts can be properly analyzed later and a ruling made without a ticking clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Idk why every PED situation the WBC finds itself in needs a ruling. Either guys disclose what they are on or they don't & any story they come up with after shouldn't matter so the "ruling" comes when you pop dirty.

Its f#cked up if a guy is legit innocent & was just momentarily absent minded, but a substance is either banned or its not & you not telling people its in your system to the people testing you when asked about it suggests you are doing something f#cked up & are hoping it won't be discovered or you don't even know exactly what you are taking & that you could come up dirty for it.
                    This^^

What need is there for a ruling? The guy didn't disclose what he was taking so ban him. He was given at least 2 opportunities, when you start the program you are to disclose what you are taking, when they show up to test you are given yet another opportunity to let them know.

Most important fight of his career and somehow he just forgot? You see how quick they remembered once the positive test came out though

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      I think there are stipulations beyond this. I'm not positive but I think you also have to demonstrate that anything you are taking on the banned list is medically necessary. IE that there were no other reasonable, non-banned alternatives.

In all this people are losing the fact that it's banned for a reason. When the drug was added to the list it was understood that it could hypothetically serve a legitimate medical purpose. But the fact that it's a medicine doesn't mean everyone who takes it is using it for medicinal purposes.

We shouldn't just allow any boxer to take any banned substance just because the substance is a medicine. They should be expected to be forthcoming about the stuff they are on, justify the usage of it, and have the approval/recognition of those that need to know.

If Ortiz is genuinely taking this for high blood pressure and no other reasonable, non-banned alternative would work as well for him, then fine. The fight should continue. Otherwise **** him.
                      He went to the ER...the DR puts him on a drug because he thinks it's the best one for him. He does not stop to check with VADA...that's not what he's trained to do.

If he went to the ER and a DR put him on it then you have to believe he had/has a legitimate reason to take the drug.

2 subsequent Dr's decided to continue on with the initial RX...the guy has BP issues. Maybe he felt he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. That if he declares it he will be struck and that maybe if he doesn't he will sneak by? IDK...I just think he should be given a pass. No PED's found and BP med do not enhance performance...on the contrary they fatigue you after a certain point. Besides the Losartan in Losartan/HCTZ is not a diuretic...it's the HTCZ that is. You wouldn't take that combo because you wanted to cheat with a diuretic...you'd just take the HTCZ alone and avoid the side-effects and fatigue associated with Losartan unless you really needed it.

The division needs this fight...there is no suitable alternative for Nov 4th. Frankly...I think they should do away with testing altogether. If it hasn't been cleaned up sin the 30's it never will be...and that's the best way to even the playing field.

Comment

Working...
                      X