Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Errol Spence is Perfect Sparring Partner For Lubin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
    Well you look at guys like Austin Trout that are top level talents and they aren't even getting twice a year. There are plenty of guys like that who aren't active enough. A lot of these guys want to be more active but it is what it is.
    he's had his title shots and lost. it takes time to get another shot. if trout was with golden boy, what would he be doing exactly? you think HBO would be giving trout two dates a year? of course not. he'd be fighting for peanuts on espn2.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      He's fighting total cans and bums so far, so let's take his 'fluid athletically' style with a grain of salt, especially in comparing it to a proven champ like ES. Spence has been doing what he does against much actual tough competition while Lubin has faced trash so far, nothing to prepare him for Charlo. This could end up horrible for the kid. Bad management move IMO.
      Same for EJ leading up to Brook fight. Even when fighting bums you can see flaws and skillsets. It's not just beating them but how you did it. I think Lubin displayed a high level of talent with a measured approach, just like EJ. This fight will come down to Charlo's ability to neutralize Lubin's speed or capitalize on Lubin's tendency to drop his right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        Same Charlo who says Lubin doesn't deserve a title shot.
        Yet he's training as if he's fighting Glovkin.
        Totally agree lol

Comment

Unfortunately I saw a holes in Lubin's defense as he pressed for action in his last fight. He's not going to be able to do that against Jermell. I think Lubin is too green, I just hope he doesn't get viciously ko'd for stepping up too fast.

Comment

Lubin is in for a rude awakening!

If he ever wins a title it will certainly not be from Charlo!!

Now if he pulls this off, he would have earned my respect.

This is Charlos fight to lose. Too much experience and just as talented.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              He's fighting total cans and bums so far, so let's take his 'fluid athletically' style with a grain of salt, especially in comparing it to a proven champ like ES. Spence has been doing what he does against much actual tough competition while Lubin has faced trash so far, nothing to prepare him for Charlo. This could end up horrible for the kid. Bad management move IMO.
              OK? We find out what he is in 2 Weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                he's had his title shots and lost. it takes time to get another shot. if trout was with golden boy, what would he be doing exactly? you think HBO would be giving trout two dates a year? of course not. he'd be fighting for peanuts on espn2.
                He's gonna beat Hurd. Make no mistake about it. Trout hasn't been getting 2 dates a year first off. He hasn't been in the ring since the Charlo fight last May. So thats one fight a year for him. Atleast when he was on ESPN he was fighting twice a year. He needs this fight big time. I expect him to be hungry. There is no shame in losing to Charlo and Lara. The Canelo open scoring was a joke so that loss comes with an asterisk. Canelo lost the early rounds but was still up on the cards and was able to fight with a lead, making the path to victory easy. Trout even was competitive with Charlo and went the distance. He's top level no doubt and is about to rip that belt away from Hurd. Hurd just isn't on that level. Maybe then Trout will get those 2 dates a year your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                  He's gonna beat Hurd.
                  And if he does, he'll be world champion again, something that would have been a lot harder to do if he wasn't with Haymon.

Make no mistake about it. Trout hasn't been getting 2 dates a year first off. He hasn't been in the ring since the Charlo fight last May. So thats one fight a year for him.
                  Who said he was getting two dates a year? We're simply pointing out he wouldn't have been fighting more often elsewhere unless he was willing to fight for peanuts on ESPN2.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    And if he does, he'll be world champion again, something that would have been a lot harder to do if he wasn't with Haymon.

Who said he was getting two dates a year? We're simply pointing out he wouldn't have been fighting more often elsewhere unless he was willing to fight for peanuts on ESPN2.
                    Haymon basically owns the 154 lb division since he has all the top fighters there. Especially with Andrade at 160 now. That isn't necessarily a good thing though. It just depends what division your in who you should sign with.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      I just don't freaking know who is going to win this fight. I think I'll stop worrying about it and just enjoy the match up.
                      I think it will be tighter than I initially thought but I can see Charlo stepping it up 5, 6 & 7 and eventually getting the KO.
                      I wish Lubin all the best and success in the future and wouldn't be upset in anyway if he can get a positive result.

Comment

Working...
                      X