Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Errol Spence is Perfect Sparring Partner For Lubin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlo "should" win this fight. He has more experience, a great sparring partner in Spence and the guy he's fighting is talented but green when it comes to facing top level competition on a big stage. This could be a glorified sparring match between Lubin and Charlo (with Charlo schooling Lubin) or a dog fight possibly showcasing a new boxing superstar (with Lubin). Can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

When your with Haymon, your only gonna get 2 fights a year. 3 if your lucky. Be a gym rat but just kill your self during your training camps. Don't take fights on short notice against elite level talent. Errol is a great sparring partner to have against a guy like Lubin. Charlo will be ready for this kid. I'm leaning toward Charlo but I just don't know. This is such a must see fight. These type of fights with 2 hungry lions are just special. In a way I look forward to them more than the mainstream big fights.

Comment

You are way off Haymon champs do not get close to 3 fights a year and a top contender less. Show a haymon guy who gets 3 a year

Comment

He means well but has too many fighters can't get them close to 3 fights each a year limited outlets to show them

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
            He means well but has too many fighters can't get them close to 3 fights each a year limited outlets to show them
            Name anybody that can..or does.

Comment

You are way off Haymon champs do not get close to 3 fights a year and a top contender less. Show a haymon guy who gets 3 a year
              Name a non-Haymon champ that fights 3 times a year.

Comment

Sparring with someone like Spence can't hurt. I haven't seen enough of Lublin to pick him over Charlo. It should be a good match up.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  Sparring with someone like Spence can't hurt. I haven't seen enough of Lublin to pick him over Charlo. It should be a good match up.
                  He can scrap! This is a 60/40 fight for Charlo. Way to soon for him but who knows!!! A lot of ppl felt he had a good chance of winning gold in the 2016 Olympics...

He beat Yasniel Toledo in a tournament. Toledo held his own against Lomachenko...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbUu7rTqRg

Honestly if I get decent odds I'm betting Lubin... To win.

I just can't forget about the clinic John Jackson was putting on him before his chin gave out. I had him winning every round.

Comment

Spence is a champion I do not know if he does sparring partner work. If so no better lefty around
                    It's beneficial to Spence by keeping him sharp during his inactivity. Plus Spence is becoming a known sparring legend with stories of know hurting Floyd, stopping Broner, and now sparring the much bigger Charlos.

Comment

Yeah that is true...at least to prepare for the inside fighting and body work that Lubin brings...BUT Lubin is actually quicker and more fluid athletically than Spence Jr. Lubin mixes things up nicely! Lubin can BOX from Distance, very good timing, good counter puncher as well

I respect Charlo so he is the favorite as he should be BUT I wouldn't be shocked at all if Lubin pulls the upset because he is that talented as well. 60/40 in favor of Charlo but Lubin is a LIVE/DANGEROUS UNDERDOG!
                      Last edited by sicko; 10-01-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X