No announcement yet.

The myth about Arum keeping Pac away from floyd 09-10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    people bought pacquiao fights because of the fantasy of him beating Floyd.

after he lost the fantasy was over. it didn't matter what year.

people never bought canelo fights with Floyd in mind

it's apples and oranges.
    Exactly this!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      excuses excuses!! floyd just whoop on pac and it was his last fight. why the ppv flopped? LOL!!!!!!!

so now you're giving algieri credit??? just remember this LOL.
      It's the truth.

How else do you explain him doing twice as much against Milk Carton Clottey as he did against Brandon Rios who was all over the media around that time?

Comment

why are you dodging? and those werent the terms! its what floyd wanted out of the blue.

if no random testing was requested, the fight would have happen then? because according to you, team pac avoided it because of the test right? so if no random test was brought up, what else is team pac gonna walk out on?

why walk out on random drug testing?

if your job ask you to do a random drug test, you wouldn't refuse unless you were dirty. right or wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          His being a "beast" IYO doesn't mean he was a threat to defeat Floyd

I watched him lose to Morales and I saw Bob refuse to put him in with Raheem. Bob and the matchmakers had worked with Floyd. They knew the outcome.

I am fine if you disagree.
          i never said he's a beast so he was gonna beat floyd! i said a lost to floyd in 09-10 wont effect him much because he was still a beast then. all they have to do is throw him in with a lesser opponent and he'll whoop on him then the fans will be calling for a rematch with floyd. that's how it works.

Comment

why walk out on random drug testing?

if your job ask you to do a random drug test, you wouldn't refuse unless you were dirty. right or wrong?
            you really wanna play this? why ask for random testing when floyd said pac was easy work easy money?

you dont think pac was offended by that? remember 09-10 pac was p4p#1

Comment

i never said he's a beast so he was gonna beat floyd! i said a lost to floyd in 09-10 wont effect him much because he was still a beast then. all they have to do is throw him in with a lesser opponent and he'll whoop on him then the fans will be calling for a rematch with floyd. that's how it works.
              And if Floyd schools him, do you think there is a rematch?

Even after the 2015 version of this fight, the only way they could try to talk up the rematch was by faking a full thickness rotator cuff tear.

Comment

just as i thought. delfecting. like i said numerous time on here, im not here to debate on who is to blame, floyd or manny. we have a seperate thread for that.

im just here to expose the lies that bob was keeping pac away because a lost to floyd will hurt his earnings. stop bringing up what roach said. there's a whole thread on that.
                If you don't think the loss would hurt his earning potential, so be it. You are not very smart so looking at this from an economic impact perspective is surely above your ability to comprehend.

Given the way Manny was being marketed by TR and HBO, it is likely a loss would have a different impact on Manny's career than it would canelo, given the differences in age, marketing strategy, and other factors I and others have pointed out.

Comment

you really wanna play this? why ask for random testing when floyd said pac was easy work easy money?

you dont think pac was offended by that? remember 09-10 pac was p4p#1

offended? lol. bro no clean athlete would ever turn down random drug testing. especially not with 8 figures coming their way if they take the test.

then he refuses to take the test. and the speculation begins that he is on roids and all of a sudden he can't get any knock outs. it's been 8 years since the rumors began and it's been 8 years since he stopped somebody.

I don't believe in coincidences

Comment

Kirkland got sparked out years before the canelo fight. Kirkland was coming off of a knockout win in his last fight. get your timeline right.

his fight took a dive because nobody in America or Mexico knew Liam Smith. they still don't know him after the canelo fight.

and you are proving my point. they built him back up by putting him in with kirkland,angulo,Smith bums that he could look good against. a kit kat chin Amir Khan as well. all fights designed to make him look amazing
                    kirkland got ko by an unknown japanese. there's no point to continue on with this.

smith fight was recently LOL. it was actually after the khan fight!! LOL!! so they were still building him up when he fought smith? LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

Kirkland got sparked out years before the canelo fight. Kirkland was coming off of a knockout win in his last fight. get your timeline right.

his fight took a dive because nobody in America or Mexico knew Liam Smith. they still don't know him after the canelo fight.

and you are proving my point. they built him back up by putting him in with kirkland,angulo,Smith bums that he could look good against. a kit kat chin Amir Khan as well. all fights designed to make him look amazing
                      but you're on here talking about pac's losing to floyd ppv taking a dive? he fought guys like horn after that!! who the fook heard of horn??GTFOH!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X