No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ex-Manager Fears For Rigondeaux in Lomachenko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aztec_warriors View Post
    Rigo and Team been barking that Loma was ducking them ... now they get what they asked for
    That's not how it works.

Because Rigo bark so much, is the only reason Loma is fighting, specifically when Loma got humiliates by Conor.

Same way Lata got Canelo, otherwise neither would have ever gotten the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
      That's not how it works.

Because Rigo bark so much, is the only reason Loma is fighting, specifically when Loma got humiliates by Conor.

Same way Lata got Canelo, otherwise neither would have ever gotten the fight.
      Rigo had his chance two years ago to fight Loma at 126. He turned him down due to not wanting to move up in weight.

Don't act like this is one sided.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
        Lol you clearly don't know shtt about boxing , neither fighter is winning easy
        Lol ok. Im sure i been watching and involved with boxing 20 yrs or more longer than you. Ha. Whats with you boxing authorities knocking others opinions and acting as though you are somehow credible or knowledgable? Haha pretty funny i say. So anyway. After the fight ill holler at ya lol

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          This is all true, but what happened to all the 'loma ducking rigo' comments before the fight was signed? because every time i opened a lomachenko/rigo thread there were a ton of them. they seemed to of disappeared?
          Lol those folks in hiding now.

Comment

Rigo wins a split punishes for 12

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Ward moved up for a total of like 5 fights his entire career. Loma is already closing in on that mark in his second division before his 15th career fight. Before that Ward was a 190 to 200 lbs man weight bullying guys at 168 for almost his entire career, according to his own trainer. No wonder his opponents were reportedly always so surprised at "how strong Ward was" in the clinch and on the inside, at 168. What a mystery!

And then you bring up Ward as an example of how a true champion does things... you must be trolling. You must also not know that Lomachenko offered Rigondeaux the fight at 126, Rigondeaux declined. He was offered 500k, more than Lomachenko made to fight Salido, more than Salido made to fight Lomachenko, more than Gary Russell made to fight Lomachenko, and roughly the same as Lomachenko made to fight Russell. But, Rigo declined.

You must also not know that Lomachenko offered Walters the fight immediately after Walters fight with Sosa, but Walters declined. That's when Lomachenko offered Walters 300k out of his own purse if Walters won as a way to motivate Walters to take the fight, and eventually at the end of the year, after Lomachenko had built his name up more by winning a title in a second weight class and getting the knockout of his career, Lomachenko was a big enough star to offer Walters even more money, and Walters finally took the fight about 10 months after his last fight, not even a year layoff. If Canelo-GGG happens next May, that will be an 8 month layoff for both fighters. Not such a huge difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Lomachenko's very next fight after Salido against Gary Russell Jr. on American soil, with an American referee, fighting on Russell's network, PBC and Showtime? What was uneven about that one... lol...

Mikey used to fight at 126. Maybe Mikey avoided him by moving up at the speed of light, knowing Lomachenko could only do it at the speed of sound?

Terence Crawford is a 165 pound man who drains to 140 to weight bully his opponents. Unlike Lomachenko he has never fought an A-level opponent his size. Crawford was at 140 when Lomachenko was at 126, a three division difference. Since then Lomachenko moved up, and Crawford hasn't yet, creating the illusion that they are only two divisions apart in natural size, but Crawford is about to move up again for his next fight, which will make the difference three divisions once again. Still, if both clean out their weight areas, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bob Arum fed the foreign fighter to the much bigger American fighter in order to try to create a pay-per-view star, and Lomachenko would probably do it since he is possibly the biggest risk-taker in the sport, but first Crawford needs to clean out 147 and Lomachenko needs to clean out 130 and 135, so hold your horses.

I mean, you are literally accusing Lomachenko of ducking someone three divisions bigger than him who he would probably be willing to fight anyway, so it's hilarious how wrong you are on multiple levels. It's like the Inception movie of being wrong. Incredible.

As for Mikey Garcia, his brother and Lomachenko's manager have both said they're trying to hype that matchup into a PPV fight. As a fan that's pretty annoying, but at least from Lomachenko's perspective, if the networks aren't willing to put up big money then I guess it's only fair he should get PPV money for being willing to move up in weight to fight maybe the hardest puncher in the sport, pound-for-pound, who is also an elite boxer and a naturally 10-to-15 pound bigger man. Lomachenko is not ducking him at all, it's just certain racists haters (I can't imagine who) accused Lomachenko of ducking Rigondeaux, and Rigo kept calling him out online, so he decided to take care of Rigondeaux before moving up.

Otherwise, if he had moved up before fighting Rigondeaux, you would have said he did it to duck Rigo. The definition of a hater! Send me guidance from above, because this poster's ******ity got me got me questioning, where is the love??? Where is the love???? Where is the love (the love, the love)????

For real bro, you're making a fool of yourself. You sound ****ing ridiculous. You even criticized him for "losing" to Salido and then in the next sentence complained about Lomachenko not fighting on "even playing fields," a basic yet hilarious mistake on your part, seeing as Lomachenko-Salido was not an even playing field for Lomachenko at all. So you discredit every Lomachenko win because you say he had advantages, but you somehow give Salido full credit for beating Lomachenko despite the fact he had advantages in that fight. Interesting how that works. And so I repeat, where is the love, bro!!
              hahaha. I guess boxing logic is your name for a reason. You gonna make these weirdo haters head explode if you dont break down the truths for them slower though. Lol.

Comment

Rigo has no choice but to take this fight. There aren't a ton of big names in his weight class and the few that are there, are too scared to fight him. Ie Santa Cruz and Frampton

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  i still think loma wins but rigos getting counted out here too much. People are making out hes going up 5 stone to fight lomachenko, its 8 pounds lol, wont be much of a size difference. The concern is how much his inactivity and poor opposition has eroded his skills. Lomachenko isnt unbeatable thats for sure, maybe hes starting to believe his own hype with his showboating and criticising other fighters. Not sure rigo has the style to beat him though, although when someone like roach says hes the best talent hes ever seen, you cant really count him out of any fight.

8 pounds is HUGE

you have no idea what you're talking about

you over-thought it

Rigo is moving up two divisions, just leave it there

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Percentage wise it may be worse, but in terms of pure poundage, Jacobs had a bigger weight advantage over GGG than Loma will have over Rigo in the ring, and GGG still found a way to win. So, it can definitely be done if you employ the sweet science correctly.

I do favor Loma but Rigo is a great fighter. He has the speed advantage and the reach advantage, so if he can defend at an elite level like he normally does, just against the highest quality of competition this time, the size advantage won't matter as much as those two things, and he can box his way to a decision.

that is absolutely absurd

you casuals have no idea what you're talking about

I am guessing you are both Loma fans, right ?

good god..... change your name immediately, there is 0 "Boxing Logic" in your post..... just fanboy spin

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    8 pounds is HUGE

you have no idea what you're talking about

you over-thought it

Rigo is moving up two divisions, just leave it there

that is absolutely absurd

you casuals have no idea what you're talking about

I am guessing you are both Loma fans, right ?

good god..... change your name immediately, there is 0 "Boxing Logic" in your post..... just fanboy spin
                    3 and a half kg is huge? Go to the gym and pick up a 3kg dumbell lol, its **** all.

Comment

Legacies don't pay bills - good on Rigo for taking this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X