Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seemed he could have went longer but he is the one who gets punched in the face not me so respect to the man. Saw him a few times and glad i got to see his last fight. My number 1 P4P is now gone.

Comment

• Great boxer but boring as ****.

Ugly style, didn't really offer anything to the fans in his interviews nothing for them to get excited about and only had 7 fights in the last 6 years.

I like him on TV though, I think he's a great fit especially that show he does on whatever American channel it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Agreed, Ward was hands down the best p4p fighter of his era, 2016-2017.
        Hahaha class

Comment

• If it's for good, then congrats and enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

• In other words .. "Because of initiatives like the Clean Boxing Program, I can no longer use the PEDs I depended on to get my body in shape throughout my career.

And after the stink thrown up by the blatent corruption surrounding my last 2 fights I can no longer depend on my promoter bribing judges and referees when I'm forced to fight tough opponents."

Good riddance to this cheating ****. Boxing will be better off without him.

Comment

• My guess is he wanted an outrageous sum of money while he was shopping around for a new promoter and no one was willing to give him what his inflated ego thinks he deserves. RocNation who I am sure now regret signing him was not going to pay him what he wants, Arum certainly was not going to pay him what he wants, TMT and Golden Boy will not pay him what he thinks he is worth. Now I am sure HBO will cut him loose as a commentator. They were keeping him on hoping he would resign as an HBO fighter and they do not need yet another analyst. Plus why put up with such an as*hole if he is not going to box anymore. So out of stubbornness and pride and ego he has retired thinking its boxing's loss not his. But he is wrong.

Comment

• About time. What a dumb ass talking about going up to Heavyweight and fighting Joshua or Cruiser to fight Bellew. What's wrong with Beterbiev or Jack, Stevenson ? He gets a pass but he's been a prima donna his whole career. I am glad to see him leave.

Comment

• Cmon at least one more fight Dre

Comment

• If he believes his body can't handle the rigours any more I'm glad he walked away unblemished before possibly losing to a lesser opponent.

Never been the biggest fan of his style but his skills could never be denied.

I personally believe he achieved ATG status at supermiddle and despite only having a few fights has a very respectable record at light heavyweight with the wins over barrera and Kovalev.

Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

• Stupid move on his part, he is the most marketable he has ever been. He is like Adamek though, they always seem to talk about retiring after every fight. I doubt he will stay retired for long.

Comment

Working...
                      X