No announcement yet.

If canelo won as some think, why did his fans boo him and the decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    Watch the video where Kellerman was talking to ggg, the crowd was cheering, he swung left to talk to canelo and the crowd started booing, really not that hard to google
    I saw that. IMO the fans were upset at the 118-110 scorecard. Maybe they were also upset that Canelo didn't fight in a way they wanted.

Frankly, that is their ******ity. If you watch Canelo, you knew he was going to box and move and not stand and trade.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I saw that. IMO the fans were upset at the 118-110 scorecard. Maybe they were also upset that Canelo didn't fight in a way they wanted.

Frankly, that is their ******ity. If you watch Canelo, you knew he was going to box and move and not stand and trade.
      Funny, he said he was going to show ggg how Mexicans fight, JMM is a boxer, counterpuncher, but he didn't need to get on his bike, all the canelo crew before the fight said canelo would box his ears off, he boxed well for generally 1 minute of most rounds then looked terrible trying to escape from GGGs pressure, I'm off to bed, any posts I will respond to in the morning, see ya chaps

Comment

Some booed because they were GGG fans some booed because they were furious that 1 score had the fight so wide. If you judging who won by that then Shawn Porter beat Thurman because the crowd booed that decision. I was there in that crowd and before the fight it was a pro Thurman crowd. But a minority were loud after the fight starting the boos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Because Latino fans are difficult to please. They want there fighters to stand in the middle of the ring and trade shots. But in this sport you do what you have to do to win, you don't play to your opponents strengths.
          That can't be the reason for Canelo getting booed because the whole arena was applauding at the end of the fight. The cheers only turned to boos when the scores were read and the verdict announced.

Comment

Funny, he said he was going to show ggg how Mexicans fight, JMM is a boxer, counterpuncher, but he didn't need to get on his bike, all the canelo crew before the fight said canelo would box his ears off, he boxed well for generally 1 minute of most rounds then looked terrible trying to escape from GGGs pressure, I'm off to bed, any posts I will respond to in the morning, see ya chaps
            Listen, Canelo and Fishnets dela Nosecandy did what they had to do to sell tickets to casual fans. Instead of listening to them, look at how Canelo actually fights. It was clear he was always going to box and move.

Comment

Fans don't turn on the guy they came to support because of bad scoring. That just doesn't happen. Canelo's fans booed Byrde's score, booed the verdict, then they booed Canelo himself because he said he thought he won clearly, instead of aknowledging that was lucky to get a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Fans don't turn on the guy they came to support because of bad scoring. That just doesn't happen. Canelo's fans booed Byrde's score, booed the verdict, then they booed Canelo himself because he said he thought he won clearly, instead of aknowledging that was lucky to get a draw.
                Ok. They must be ******ed if they think Canelo was going to say,"I think GGG won the fight" or "i was lucky".

Comment

Mr 97k has no fans so they must be canelos, remember
                  Didn't jim lampley say it was a lil g crowd that night? I'll just watch the fight again to try & catch that.

Comment

Ok. They must be ******ed if they think Canelo was going to say,"I think GGG won the fight" or "i was lucky".
                    They didn't like it when he said he thought he won, that was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Didn't jim lampley say it was a lil g crowd that night? I'll just watch the fight again to try & catch that.
                      It was a GGG crowd when the fight was over, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X