Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the standards so high for Triple G?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Do what you want, ask if canelo should return to his natural weightclass of 154.
    That probably isn't his natural weight class anymore, he was very tight at 154. But he did start as a professional at 140lbs and over the last 10 years has slowly moved from 140-154lbs and now to 160 to pursue a legacy fight.

I would hazard a guess his "ideal weight" would be somewhere between 154 and 160 currently. But he stepped up and I'm sure he will grow into the weight more over the next couple of years.

It doesn't mean he will ever have the natural size or frame of GGG, that is what you seem to be missing.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Bahaha - I don't have to search so hard to try and make Canelo look the same size.

What am I meant to be looking at? Golovkins back exaggerated by his pronated shoulders? Canelo's sunken stomach? Danny Garcia deserves more props, he beat a guy a whole division bigger than him in Lucas Matthysse with a wider thoracic cavity and then still moved up 7lb's. Amazing.

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      That probably isn't his natural weight class anymore, he was very tight at 154. But he did start as a professional at 140lbs and over the last 10 years has slowly moved from 140-154lbs and now to 160 to pursue a legacy fight.

I would hazard a guess his "ideal weight" would be somewhere between 154 and 160 currently. But he stepped up and I'm sure he will grow into the weight more over the next couple of years.

It doesn't mean he will ever have the natural size or frame of GGG, that is what you seem to be missing.
      When did I say he was the same size as Golovkin?

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        What the **** did he do before has to do with where he was at 35? Roy jones was a natural LHW. He got koed by ****ing glen johnson. So he gets a pass for getting koed by bums because of his past but ggg at the same age has to knock everyone out and can't have decisions? GOT YA.

Mayweather in his 30's went split decision with a past prime de la hoya who was on his way out. Oh but pretty boy had a great win there.
        Floyd was 30 years old when he fought ODLH, and Roy Jones Jr had just started his slide at 35 (after having a stellar HOF-caliber career).

Golovkin is already 35, has had two real fights in his pro career, and is supposed to be seen as one of the best middleweight fighters ever.

He's not, but keeping looking for excuses for him if you want

Comment

GGG is 0-2 in his first 2 fights against legit competition in some peoples' eyes. I had him losing both fights.

Officially he is 1-0-1 with a close decision and a controversial draw.

Comment

he is pretty much the top guy in boxing (world wide) and has never lost. That is why he gets hate.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              What am I meant to be looking at? Golovkins back exaggerated by his pronated shoulders? Canelo's sunken stomach? Danny Garcia deserves more props, he beat a guy a whole division bigger than him in Lucas Matthysse with a wider thoracic cavity and then still moved up 7lb's. Amazing.

When did I say he was the same size as Golovkin?
              Did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby? How is Garcia a weight division smaller than Matthysse. His first fights were at Welterweight, and then he squeezed down to 140 to pick up belts, which is fair enough if you can do it. Then moved up to Welterweight whilst Matthysse was still fighting at 140.

Also stop using big words which you don't understand either, you utter muppet. What does your chest cavity have to do with boxing, your back is far more important, so I am not sure why you were holding particular importance to the chest.

Are you actually joking!!!? You started this whole thing by quoting one of my posts stating that Canelo was a naturally smaller fighter, and saying it was "bollocks". I have never debated with someone on here who changes their argument as much as you. Its comical at best.

I'm completely done with this, its boring and I'm confident in my own opinion that Canelo is naturally the smaller fighter, which takes me back to the original point, and that is GGG's standards are higher because we we are led to believe without sufficient supporting evidence that he is a monster and an ATG. Not being able to dominate and in fact having a very close nip and tuck fight with a smaller but great fighter in Canelo is further evidence that whilst he is a great fighter, he is not in the same league as a B-Hop, Hagler, a Toney at 160, Jones, or Monzon, etc.etc. Those guys would have put a one sided hurting on a smaller guy like Canelo and likely stopped him in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                I mean at 35 roy jones jr was getting koed by journey man. GGG is outboxing a prime p4p fighter 9 years his age. How many times did floyd win 8-4 decisions? If ggg dosen't ko everyone, he's exposed and a hype job. It's crazy.
                I had Canelo winning 7-5 rounds, and from my point of view, GGG was getting outboxed. the only thing that he had was the jab, but was missing most of them and a lot of time he was getting credit for landing when he was clearly missing.

But hey, who cares at this point, it was an excited fight and I'm sure we'll have a clear winner on the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                  I had Canelo winning 7-5 rounds, and from my point of view, GGG was getting outboxed. the only thing that he had was the jab, but was missing most of them and a lot of time he was getting credit for landing when he was clearly missing.

But hey, who cares at this point, it was an excited fight and I'm sure we'll have a clear winner on the rematch.
                  GGG jab more authorutive than floyds. If its good enough for Floyd?

Comment

It's obvious why people don't like Triple G.

I'm still trying to find out why people are so in love with Canelo...

Comment

Well I dunno, go ask his fans who would win between him or Marvin Hagler?

How about go ask Sanchez about GGG stopping heavyweights and cruiser's and bragging how he dropped Kovalev!

I dunno let's talk about the time when GGG said he can fight anyone from 154 to 168 but picked and choosed who he was willing to do it with!

Ask HBO who hyped him as pound for pound top 5 after beating Macklin, Murray, Stevens and Lemule! LMAO

These threads just continue my belief that Canelo won the fight and Out boxed GGG with landing the more harder cleaner punches while displaying better defense and the excuses continue piling up! LOL keep it coming!

We.need to bump the thread with all those fools made how saying Canelo will be pulverized!

Even you GGG fans still deny, deny, deny of what you see!

You guys might be the worse fan base since the Pacquiao and even some Mayweather fans but nah y'all are worse!

Y'all disrespect legends, veterans and other fighters who've done more than him and defend him then make dubious threads like these!? Smh

Comment

Working...
                      X