Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the standards so high for Triple G?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the standards so high for Triple G?

I mean at 35 roy jones jr was getting koed by journey man. GGG is outboxing a prime p4p fighter 9 years his age. How many times did floyd win 8-4 decisions? If ggg dosen't ko everyone, he's exposed and a hype job. It's crazy.

Stop crying already. He's going to get the highest payday of his career as a result. The truth is GGG didn't do as well as you thought and you're afraid Canelo will do even better in the rematch. GGG just had a kid and the rematch will set him up for life. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Stop crying already. He's going to get the highest payday of his career as a result. The truth is GGG didn't do as well as you thought and you're afraid Canelo will do even better in the rematch. GGG just had a kid and the rematch will set him up for life. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
      Why TF do we give a **** about GGG's money? All we want is a fair result. We expected that if this goes the distance, and that even if GGG clearly beats Canelo he won't get the decision.

And Canelo is also not keen on an immediate rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Why TF do we give a **** about GGG's money? All we want is a fair result. We expected that if this goes the distance, and that even if GGG clearly beats Canelo he won't get the decision.

And Canelo is also not keen on an immediate rematch.
        He's going to take the rematch. I had the fight a draw so for me it was a fair result. And from what I've seen most of the press had the fight in the 115-113 to 116-112 range. Not exactly a landslide victory. This isn't Pacquiao vs Bradley I here.

Comment

Because he is so good.

Comment

Ggg never out boxed a guy nine years younger than him

Comment

Because double standards.

Comment

I think it is because of the hype that was surrounding him.

Comment

Canelo gave GGG a payday. I don't care about the fights themselves just the purses. so GGG should be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                    I mean at 35 roy jones jr was getting koed by journey man. GGG is outboxing a prime p4p fighter 9 years his age. How many times did floyd win 8-4 decisions? If ggg dosen't ko everyone, he's exposed and a hype job. It's crazy.
                    Because Roy Jones Jr, at 35, had already been middleweight champion, super middleweight champion, light heavyweight king, heavyweight champion, and had already set his place in the annals of the sport (A 35-year old Roy Jones Jr would've just lost the Tarver rematch, so you can dead that nonsense about getting knocked out by journeymen too).

A 35-year old Floyd Mayweather had already been 130lb kingpin, 135lb kingpin, 140lb champion, 147lb kingpin, 154lb king, had basically spent the prior decade as the sport's unquestioned top fighter, and already had a resume that featured at least 6 fighters likely to end up in the HOF.

Gennady Golovkin is a 35-year old fighter, who literally just fought his second fight that the general public viewed as being serious, with folks, here an elsewhere, trying to put him in the conversation of best middleweight fighters ever, lol.

Alvarez has been able to get the fights and perform in a way to validate his skills, but he was clearly the smaller man in the fight with Golovkin and Golovkin couldn't really do anything to him, sans have punches bounce off of his face.

Comment

Working...
                    X