Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the opposition that bad or is GGG's power overrated at a high level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    I think it happens to a lot of fighters when they face tougher opposition.

I did fancy him to stop Jacobs, not Canelo though. Dude has an excellent chin and good defence.
    I agree completely. It's a common thing in boxing.

I didn't expect him to stop Canelo but I did believe he would stop Jacobs.

Comment

Combination of Canelo turning out to having a good chin and spending the whole fight on the backfoot.

Comment

GG's power has been well known since the amatuer days.

You cant knock out everybody especially when that opposition is running like a hoe and hell bent on surviving 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

FML...this is what you reply with? C'mon Motor I at least expected some strawman argument not more random opinions. You've not made a single coherent point yet on this topic, you opened this can of worms and i'm expecting you to man up to it. He just fought the two best opponents of his career at 35 and didn't knock them out so that means he was juicing? Really...seriously? I'll be looking for you to make the same argument the first time Spence goes the full 12 in the near future as well..we fans need to control these conspiracy theories because mofo's love to run off with this shh like it's fact. Since when do fighters not stop having the same kind of success moving up in opponent class? God forbid you go a full twelve these days back to back, you must've been shooting HGH up your azz this whole time.
          Last edited by turnedup; 09-18-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            GG's power has been well known since the amatuer days.

You cant knock out everybody especially when that opposition is running like a hoe and hell bent on surviving 12 rounds.

Try telling that to this cat..i'm amazed to even see this being a thing on here. It's like boxing started yesterday or something. Easy to look at decades of careers and see that fighters notoriously as they step up in class levels stop knocking people the fk out as they once did, especially in their 30s.

Comment

Hes so overrated you guys need to bring up andre ward to feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                FML...this is what you reply with? C'mon Motor I at least expected some strawman argument not more random opinions. You've not made a single coherent point yet on this topic, you opened this can of worms and i'm expecting you to man up to it. He just fought the two best opponents of his career at 35 and didn't knock them out so that means he was juicing? Really...seriously? I'll be looking for you to make the same argument the first time Spence goes the full 12 in the near future as well..we fans need to control these conspiracy theories because mofo's love to run off with this shh like it's fact. Since when do fighters not stop having the same kind of success moving up in opponent class? God forbid you go a full twelve these days back to back, you must've been shooting HGH up your azz this whole time.
                I told breadman 2years ago that G doesn't have lights out power only accumulation power. He's only one punches KO less 3 people. Ishida being the one I remember. Most of his kid have been body punches and fighters quiting. One punch power is when lights out once your touched. Breadman said I was crazy lol. He usually pretty quick Minded so its forgivable

I posted the same thing in these forums and guess what I heard. Lol

Comment

His power isn't overrated, both guys he fought in his last fight don't seem willing to rematch him. I think once the competition level increases, he's gonna have a harder time delivering his power

fortunately his jab is super effective

Comment

Firstly to KO someone you have to land your best shots. Secondly every step up in boxing brings it negativity.

Comment

He has damn good power if you ask me. It's just that everything about him was a bit puffed up, starting with his record. I mean, some of the things that were said about him were just ridiculous. Remember when he was taking shots on purpose? Losing rounds to entice elite fighters? And then the excuses started coming. If they ate his shots, they came in the ring as a cruiser or were running too much. Or whatever. GGG is a hard-hitting, solid middleweight champion. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                      X