Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the opposition that bad or is GGG's power overrated at a high level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    GGG is just overrated period
    Yet Canelo went life and death with him.

Comment

Anybody who truly thought that GGG would easily stop Canelo DKSAB. The notion was laughable. Canelo's a big boy f**king beast and has never been down in his entire career, let alone knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        That's a good question.

Clearly he is a hard puncher that can't be denied he is a very hard puncher but I expected him to startch Jacobs when he landed and shockingly he didn't really hurt the guy.

Same for Canelo, when he faded and retreated to the ropes I expected GGG to do some serious damage. But that never came. The only thing about the fight that suprised me was that.

Maybe he's not as hard a puncher as I thought.
        Maybe he's not, but with both of those fights, Canelo and Jacobs both did a great job of rolling with the punches which certainly helps a fighter take a punch

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          Maybe he's not, but with both of those fights, Canelo and Jacobs both did a great job of rolling with the punches which certainly helps a fighter take a punch
          Oh yeah for sure, both did very well defensively but I expected Jacobs to crumble once GGG landed clean.

GGG is still a very hard puncher regardless there is no denying that.

Comment

Naw. There's a reason canelo was back pedalling the whole fight against the ropes. He was fighting to survive. He tasted the power and continued to back up and only engaged 30 seconds each round that's it.

Comment

He is a very hard punchers but movers will prevent him from cracking right.

Comment

Well I guess Golovkin has 0 power, 0 boxing skills, 0 speed, 0 athleticism and has 0 of everything related to boxing abilities. Yet somehow, the guy is still miraculously undefeated and still is the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Was he in his mid-30's doing that to guys in headgear? The Brook fight was his first fight with 8+weeks of testing & the WBC program was implemented that same summer. He broke Brook's eye socket but never dropped him. A blown up Brook can withstand punches from a natural MW that natural MW's cant? Spence Broke the other eye socket so that leads me to believe there's something going on with the bone around Brook's eye. Jacobs & Canelo both said the power wasn't what they were expecting. He never hurt either one, and Jacobs supposedly had a glass chin. The KD didn't hurt Jacobs. And if you go back and look at that fight GGG was landing flush on Jacobs. I don't think it's a stretch to assume year round drug testing has something to do with his sudden diminishing power. The one thing about power is it's usually the last thing to go.
                  Bro so by everyone's admission here he's fought his three best opponents in the past year and change..so none of his lack of knockouts has to do with his opponents and their trainers? These guys aren't the most agile fighters he's faced? All three which have faster hand speed and faster feet? Nothing to do with these guys finding holes in his game and neutralizing him? I hate this defacto run to "he was juicing" the guy has not shown anything to indicate he's juicing beyond knocking the shh out of people. He's not faster, he's not bigger, he's not stronger, he's not cut up, his stamina is still exactly the same...but nothing has to do with it being credit to his opponents being good enough to avoid his traps...

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    what fighters in history knocked out every world class fighter they fought?
                    Edwin Valero.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Bro so by everyone's admission here he's fought his three best opponents in the past year and change..so none of his lack of knockouts has to do with his opponents and their trainers? These guys aren't the most agile fighters he's faced? All three which have faster hand speed and faster feet? Nothing to do with these guys finding holes in his game and neutralizing him? I hate this defacto run to "he was juicing" the guy has not shown anything to indicate he's juicing beyond knocking the shh out of people. He's not faster, he's not bigger, he's not stronger, he's not cut up, his stamina is still exactly the same...but nothing has to do with it being credit to his opponents being good enough to avoid his traps...

Comment

Working...
                      X