Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the opposition that bad or is GGG's power overrated at a high level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So was the opposition that bad or is GGG's power overrated at a high level?

Before the fight it was Canelo will be knocked out easily. GGG's power, Canelo good boy, etc...

Is GGG's power overrated since stepping up in class of opposition? Was his resume cherry picked to make him seem like a bigger puncher than he is(many blown up, aged, or not high caliber opponents)? He only fought a few decent fighters and they went the distance... even a chinny Jacobs lol. Geale got knocked out by Cotto lol... catchweight doe.

ggg is in the same boat as manny.

when they first started out (no hype yet) their opponents fought them head on.

after seeing the ko ratio, their opponents switch up tactics and only try to survive. they dont try to win the fight anymore.

this is what's happening to ggg now as seen in the canelo fight. cement feet all of a sudden wanted to dance instead lol.

Comment

Canelo was coming forward on Chavez Jr who is a Super Middleweight... Canelo was running away from GGG 80% of the time and like a turtle in its shell, he was there to survive. Say what about GGG's power?

Comment

Combination of level of competition and WBC VADA year round testing

Comment

That's a good question.

Clearly he is a hard puncher that can't be denied he is a very hard puncher but I expected him to startch Jacobs when he landed and shockingly he didn't really hurt the guy.

Same for Canelo, when he faded and retreated to the ropes I expected GGG to do some serious damage. But that never came. The only thing about the fight that suprised me was that.

Maybe he's not as hard a puncher as I thought.

Comment

GGG is just overrated period

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Combination of level of competition and WBC VADA year round testing
              C'mon man that's just wrong..now it's because of VADA? Wasn't he doing the same damage even to mofo's in head gear as an amateur with even more stringent testing? I hate this throwing shade at a fighter in this fashion because it takes away from the first part of your comment, wouldn't better opposition mean they neutralize his power or roll with the punch? Mofo's love accusing people of doping like they suddenly turned into punching monsters overnight. If Malignaggi suddenly started knocking out half of the world that would send up a red flag but this guy? C'mon do your homework. Just as bad and pathetic as mofo's who tried to do the same with Canelo because he started lifting more weights for this fight.

Comment

its not overrated.what fighters in history knocked out every world class fighter they fought? Why do people hold this guy to some ridiculously high standard. His power was enough to make canelo and jacobs (two offensive fighters) fight on the backfoot.

Comment

I think it's a combination of better opposition, guys realizing the power and being more defensive minded, and good old father time knocking on the door.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    its not overrated.what fighters in history knocked out every world class fighter they fought? Why do people hold this guy to some ridiculously high standard. His power was enough to make canelo and jacobs (two offensive fighters) fight on the backfoot.
                    Since GGG has only fought maybe 2 world class fighters, he has a KO % of 0.0 vs them.

GGG has decent power, but his level of competition has been the worst of any high profile boxer in recent history.

Comment

Working...
                    X