No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #29 - Yunier Dorticos vs Dmitry Kudryashov, Sep 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    We're gonna need a stream for this one...
    I was gonna say what channel are they showing this on

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I find when two huge punchers meet there is that extra level of respect and it does surprisingly go the distance a lot of the time.
      Have you seen the Russian Hammer fight? This guy is in borderline cardiac arrest in the 3rd round. He's got Conor McGregor level stamina problems. Or f#ck McGregor mighta had Russian Hammer level stamina problems cuz I think the Russian Hammer's stamina problems might actually be worse & much worse at that. So its not a power vs power thing so much as a power vs power vs stamina thing.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I did not mean ALL Cubans, considering I'm discussing boxing here, it's obvious a comment aimed at Cuban boxers.

Throughout much of the 20th century, Cuba had a number of profesisonal stand outs and they were in exceptional fights. The modern era (and I used that word) has seen some pretty boring, unfit, unworthy Cuban fighters. Rigo has ksill but is worse to watch than Ward. Solis, Perez, Ortiz have neevr proven themselves and look fat, with slow, plodding feet. Perez at cruiser might be different but who knows.

Doricos on the other hand, does not seem quite as skilled as the others but actually throws hands and put on a good ifght last time. That's all I'm saying.
        You were talking about grit, determination. You seems to forget Perez fight against magomed, that fight ruined him. So again mentioning him in this post it doesn't feel right. I mentioned Solis but the only fight Ortiz was pushed, was against Jennings. I think he's show his mettle there. Just because you don't like Rigondeaux over the top talent, doesn't mean he got no grit. Every time he is been hit hard he has awnsered back, shattering jaws and ribs. Just my opinion. You are perpetuating a lie, started by uncle bob...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
          You were talking about grit, determination. You seems to forget Perez fight against magomed, that fight ruined him. So again mentioning him in this post it doesn't feel right. I mentioned Solis but the only fight Ortiz was pushed, was against Jennings. I think he's show his mettle there. Just because you don't like Rigondeaux over the top talent, doesn't mean he got no grit. Every time he is been hit hard he has awnsered back, shattering jaws and ribs. Just my opinion. You are perpetuating a lie, started by uncle bob...
          Perez did what he wanted against Magomed, who is nowhere near being a top heavyweight. Perez since has looked like trash. You can take it leave it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Have you seen the Russian Hammer fight? This guy is in borderline cardiac arrest in the 3rd round. He's got Conor McGregor level stamina problems. Or f#ck McGregor mighta had Russian Hammer level stamina problems cuz I think the Russian Hammer's stamina problems might actually be worse & much worse at that. So its not a power vs power thing so much as a power vs power vs stamina thing.

I am not sold on Dorticos having a very good tank either.
            If I recall correctly he faded vs a shot Miranda and he was gasping for air big time against Kalenga by the fourth (if not earlier) and was eating silly shots. Between them they have only been past the 6th three times.

Comment

I am not sold on Dorticos having a very good tank either.
              If I recall correctly he faded vs a shot Miranda and he was gasping for air big time against Kalenga by the fourth (if not earlier) and was eating silly shots. Between them they have only been past the 6th three times.
              LOL fair enough. Yea stamina is for sure the bigger problem than power in this fight not going the distance. The power element is just gonna insure they don't lean on each other for 12 rounds like some lesser powered fighters could do with bad stamina. Its a double whammy for the fight not going rounds.

I've not seen an over/under line on this fight, but I legit think it could be like 2.5 or 3.5 rounds & I think I'll have to seriously consider taking the under even if its 2.5 cuz I think this fight is ON from the first bell unlike the average fight we tend to watch on a random Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Perez did what he wanted against Magomed, who is nowhere near being a top heavyweight. Perez since has looked like trash. You can take it leave it mate.
                Perez fought his heart out just like magomed. It was a tragedy for everyone involved. As a fan a wouldn't never like to see that. And I'll never speak or write so lightly about that. Do you think Perez was not affected by that?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LOL fair enough. Yea stamina is for sure the bigger problem than power in this fight not going the distance. The power element is just gonna insure they don't lean on each other for 12 rounds like some lesser powered fighters could do with bad stamina. Its a double whammy for the fight not going rounds.

I've not seen an over/under line on this fight, but I legit think it could be like 2.5 or 3.5 rounds & I think I'll have to seriously consider taking the under even if its 2.5 cuz I think this fight is ON from the first bell unlike the average fight we tend to watch on a random Saturday.

Why is this getting me even more pumped for this fight?
                  I really just can't envision this not being fireworks from the opening bell. I think they must have around 30 fights if not more between them ending inside 2 rounds or something ridiculous.
                  Their power, lack of stamina and defense, styles & nature, it really does guarantee to be savage af for however long it lasts. Wouldn't shock me if it ends in seconds, literally seconds.

Comment

Why is this getting me even more pumped for this fight?
                    I really just can't envision this not being fireworks from the opening bell. I think they must have around 30 fights if not more between them ending inside 2 rounds or something ridiculous.
                    Their power, lack of stamina and defense, styles & nature, it really does guarantee to be savage af for however long it lasts. Wouldn't shock me if it ends in seconds, literally seconds.
                    LOL yea the same here. I've been waiting for this one since I heard it get announced on that WBSS show. Its gonna be a don't blink fight cuz anything could happen any moment.

Comment

Dorticos by KO 5-8

Comment

Working...
                      X