• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    Anybody that picks this fight to go the distance is a madman
    ... which is true................

Comment

This is definitely the best fight this weekend. And its the best fight of the WBSS opening round.

I think you can pretty much write it in stone the potential outcomes are Kudryashov wins in the first two rounds, Dorticos wins in the last 9 rounds & in the 3rd round its up for grabs by either man.

Anyone picking a decision here is not doing well in this game.

Comment

I find when two huge punchers meet there is that extra level of respect and it does surprisingly go the distance a lot of the time.
        Matthysse vs Garcia, Wilder vs Stiverne, GGG vs Jacobs, GGG & Canelo to a lesser extent just to name a few off the top of my head from recent memory.

Horrible fight to try pick but I'll go with Dorticos in rounds 1-4

Comment

Gotta go with Doritos man. What kind of a heathen would not?

Comment

We're gonna need a stream for this one...

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Literally watched highlights of that today. Dorticos looks to have more grit and determination tha na lot of modern cubans so that was interesting but Kalenga isnt anywhere near the top of the division.
              By this comments seems to me that you don't know much about the sport, much less about Cuban ppl. Specially athletes. Do you think they lost their heart in the 20's, 30's, 40's,50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's? Do you know how many Cubans had risk their lives to come to this country, USA? Didn't you see Lara, the road runner, make an Aztec warrior quit? After being down twice and against all odds. And Lara again with a melon hanging out of his head in his fight against williams. Yes Gamboa quit against that kid, but he was way past his prime. Solis was here for the paycheck we all knew that, as soon as he arrived he put on like 50 extra pounds. That was Solis, not all Cubans, the Barthelemy brothers are doing ok, along with a dozen more or so Cuban fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                By this comments seems to me that you don't know much about the sport, much less about Cuban ppl. Specially athletes. Do you think they lost their heart in the 20's, 30's, 40's,50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's? Do you know how many Cubans had risk their lives to come to this country, USA? Didn't you see Lara, the road runner, make an Aztec warrior quit? After being down twice and against all odds. And Lara again with a melon hanging out of his head in his fight against williams. Yes Gamboa quit against that kid, but he was way past his prime. Solis was here for the paycheck we all knew that, as soon as he arrived he put on like 50 extra pounds. That was Solis, not all Cubans, the Barthelemy brothers are doing ok, along with a dozen more or so Cuban fighters...
                I did not mean ALL Cubans, considering I'm discussing boxing here, it's obvious a comment aimed at Cuban boxers.

Throughout much of the 20th century, Cuba had a number of profesisonal stand outs and they were in exceptional fights. The modern era (and I used that word) has seen some pretty boring, unfit, unworthy Cuban fighters. Rigo has ksill but is worse to watch than Ward. Solis, Perez, Ortiz have neevr proven themselves and look fat, with slow, plodding feet. Perez at cruiser might be different but who knows.

Doricos on the other hand, does not seem quite as skilled as the others but actually throws hands and put on a good ifght last time. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

I have to start paying attention to the Cruiserweights. I've heard that there are some monsters in the division.

Gone are the days at Cruiserweights get fat and move up to HW to get their names out there??

Comment

FrankieClutch, 1x.

Blind pick, I literally know nothing about either guy

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Gotta go with Doritos man. What kind of a heathen would not?
                      A real man would choose Kudryashov.

Comment

Working...
                      X