Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who award aggression over clean punches and counter-punching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does it feel to be part of the 4% of boxing fans that had Canelo winning?

Does everyone else "not know boxing" but you?

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      How does it feel to be part of the 4% of boxing fans that had Canelo winning?

Does everyone else "not know boxing" but you?
      Scorecard please?.

Comment

Lol none of you GGG haters had any problems with aggression being a judging criteria before this fight.

Comment

I had it a draw. But Golovkin has more fans, so they'll push that narrative until they are blue in the face.

Comment

Fighters are moving away from that potshotting boring style.
            Even the Charlo brothers are aggressive. Thank the lord for this dying sport.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Let's say Canelo did that for five rounds. That's five to Golovkin.

Everyone agrees that Canelo won 10-12. Everyone agrees Canelo won 1. So that's four to Canelo.

The problem is really rounds 2 and 3. A lot of people gave those to Canelo and I struggle to understand why. Golovkin was the effective aggressor in both of those rounds and started walking Canelo down. It's like all people cared about was punches landed. Again. That's not the only dimension.

- Who was walking forward vs. walking backward? (Golovkin)
              - Who was effective at cutting off the ring? (Golovkin, at least early on)
              - Who was countering and striking effectively (Regardless of volume....Golovkin)
              - Who was defensively more brilliant? (Canelo)
              - Who was the busier fighter? (Golovkin)

That's what I saw in both those rounds, and thus why I had Golovkin winning 7-5. It's not like it was a blow out or some silly 8-4 nonsense like people say. This was a close fight, just like the Jacobs fight, and could have gone either way. Both guys have stamina issues which is why it became a close fight.
              lil g was ineffective walking forward. He walked forward Nelo tagged him & moved. STICK & MOVE. lil g didn't even throw many punches especially when Nelo gave him an invitation on the ropes. You contradict yourself when you wrote " - Who was defensively more brilliant?

Comment

Working...
              X