Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
    Agreed.

GGG's FACE looked like S H I T by the end.

Canelo didn't have a Mark on him and he's the pastier whiter of the two so you'd expect him to mark up more.
    Oh just shut the **** up. He got beat, you're not fooling anyone but maybe yourself.

I don't know what worse, you being pathetic and not knowing it.

Or you being pathetic and being perfectly content with it.

I guess for most people that delineation doesn't quite matter.

Comment

• it 7-5 for GGG. I could even see it 8-4.
      Golovkin pretty much controlled all of the middle rounds with his jab and also several of the later rounds.
      Canelo fought in spurts after the first three rounds or so. Canelo throws some nice eye catching combinations that will always catch the audience's attention.
      If you watch closely he only does it from time to time though. It's probably because he can't sustain it for most of the round, but we should have already known that from his previous fights.

I have to give Canelo a lot of respect. I don't think I have seen someone improve so much from the first time I watched him.
      I first watched Canelo before he even made his USA debut and I honestly was not impressed at all. I was like, "why is this kid making so much noise? He's nothing special..." But little by little he has improved tremendously.

I just simply cannot give him enough credit for fighting in spots in several rounds.
      I actually think Jacobs fought GGG better. I scored GGG-Jacobs 6-6 but could see it 7-5 either way.
      For this one, I think GGG did more than enough to win. He was the ring general and his jab really did work for him.

There are still things GGG can do better in a rematch. Well, there are things both can do to do better in the rematch. I just feel as though GGG has probably learned more from this more so than Canelo IMO.
      Canelo actually had a good game plan in theory. Throw fast combinations and push GGG back, he just wasn't able to do it enough though as he only did it in spots.
      Canelo will probably try to make a few adjustments from this game plan, BUT I think GGG has more adjustments available.

Comment

• Typical piece of low life piece of trash coming to steal **** from a Mexican, hijo de PUTA PEDASO DE MIERDA RATERO HIJO DE PUTA CHINGA TU PUTA MADRE U FAKE MEXICAN PIECE OF **** FRAUDUALANT PIECE OF **** COWARD.

KHAZAKASTAN IS A PIECE OF **** , CHEATER TRASH U COULDN'T LAND **** ***** WHERE WERE YOUR BOMBS U SLOW PIECE OF **** MEDIOCRE COWARD.

LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA RISE UP AND GO TO BIG BEAR & GET REVENGE ON THESE COWARD WHITE PIECE OF **** THIEVES.

CANELO WON THIS FIGHT 8 -4.

CHINGA TU MADRE PUTO RACISTA

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
          More of a Chess Match as I personally expected! Both are Excellent Boxer/Punchers. I won't argue against a Draw I feel like once again HBO Bias slightly ruined a good fight. The fight was CLOSER than Lampley called in and certainly closer than Lederman Scored it. For a fight like this you have to leave the Man Crush for GGG at him and call it down the middle but Lampley can't do that and neither can Lederman

Respect to both, very good fast pace chess match. Not so sure if Oscar puts Canelo right back in with GGG as soon as December or even May. Will be interesting to see what is the next move for both. GGG likely Billy Joe Saunders in December maybe
          Didn't you hear Roy and max they were just as biased for Canelo and he didn't do ****! Time to get your ears cleaned and your eyes fixed bruh!

Comment

• I was going for Canelo but I saw a 7-5 fight in favor of GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
              Calm down bro, just the way the sport runs my man...GGG edged it, maybe showing signs of his age or it maybe just a consequence of stepping up in class, yes Canelo ran a lot (something him and his fans basically crucified Floyd for) yet in his post fight interview, Canelo is completely delusional and therefore disrespectful, even his pro-crowd booed his ass, kid needs to be humbled ..For the record,I agreed with the 2nd score card because IT WAS CLOSE, a draw was ok because at least they didn't (even though they tried to) rob GGG...f u c k Canelo and his self entitlement B U L L S H I T
              I'm plenty calm bro, flew out to see this fight to see this farce result has me tight. I'm more tight that I should've known better and kept my azz home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samadafish View Post
                Not even his fans at the stadium thought he won. How drunk are you? Really?
                bigdunny1 is a ****ing ******ed wimp. ignore that ****ing slime ball

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  More of a Chess Match as I personally expected! Both are Excellent Boxer/Punchers. I won't argue against a Draw I feel like once again HBO Bias slightly ruined a good fight. The fight was CLOSER than Lampley called in and certainly closer than Lederman Scored it. For a fight like this you have to leave the Man Crush for GGG at him and call it down the middle but Lampley can't do that and neither can Lederman

Respect to both, very good fast pace chess match. Not so sure if Oscar puts Canelo right back in with GGG as soon as December or even May. Will be interesting to see what is the next move for both. GGG likely Billy Joe Saunders in December maybe
                  BJS was cut in his last fight, so I would assume he won't be back in the ring again until next year, but maybe he knows he loses to Golovkin no matter what and takes the early Chrismas gift.

Comment

• 118-110? Wtf seriously?

Close fight, i think ggg won by 1 rd

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                      Canelo is just a good fighter, nothing special
                      That much was proven tonight. Even when him and Golden Boy waited for GGG to slow down and turn 35 they got handed a clear L.
                      Words of truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X