No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    No because Canelo wasn't doing much going backwards or moving. He landed a flashy shot now in some rounds between 3-10 but that's all.

I'd happily score the round for Canelo if i felt he was still in control despite going backwards, being on the ropes and landing here and there, but he wasn't in Control. Mayweather does it but he's still very much in control of what's happening in the ring and dictating it. Canelo was being forced to do that. There's a difference.
    I agree that GGG dictated the fight in the middle rounds. And personally, I thought he was on the way to stopping Canelo. But even in those rounds, Canelo managed to land cleaner shots. Not only that, he made GGG miss a lot. I agree that GGG forced Canelo to fight him off him. But Canelo was pretty successful doing it.

Personally, I think was hurt by a couple things. One was that he has a reputation as a huge puncher, but he never really hurt Canelo. Secondly, Canelo appeared to be the more skilled guy in the ring. Even when GGG had Canelo on the ropes. Canelo was slipping and making him miss. And when Canelo would throw back, they were clean connects. GGG basically did the Margarito tonight. Only difference was he couldn't close the deal. I'm not saying he didn't win the fight. 7-5 either way was an acceptable score to me. But we can't give him credit for dictating the pace if he's taking big shots in the process, and not really landing many of his own.

Comment

• Miguel Cotto is the real winner tonight....

https://ibb.co/eJKtG5
      Last edited by Smashed Ixnay; 09-17-2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
        You stupid **** they were booing ggg were u there? I was there u want proof of my receipt ill show your bîtch ass but I want a $100 to my paypal if I do prove it to you,I was following the fight on my phone also 4 post fight interview & ggg got booed plenty dumb twat.u are 1 pathet bîtchboy who thinks canelos fans wouldve booed him,dumb bîtch canelos fans are loyal enough to roll with him whatever the outcome cause he fights the best win or lose.
        Why u begging money from me? WTF u talking abt again? U smoke too much kush man, relax. Makes u ******ed

Comment

• GGG definitely won

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            Great fight! Considering the fact that ggg was favorite, been at 160 his whole life, and this was canelos first fight at mw. As a canelo fan, I'm happy! Cheers
            GGG is going on 36 years old 😂. You forgot that in your fanatical moment lol.

GGG landed 50 more punches and dominated rounds 4-10 - not to mentioned won rounds 1 and 11 a bit closer. Canelo ran and landed in spurts. GGG landed at about the same percentage as a running Canelo lol. Canelo won 2, 3 and 12.

117 - 111 was the right scorecard here.

Comment

• I had GGG 7-5 but the 9-3 card is all.anyone will talk about. That is PURE ROBERRY. Its ovviois Byrd was paid off. Smfh!

Comment

• Funny that DrgreenthumbuphisdumbBum was hiding out like the fâgggot he is,in case he lost the bet,your lucky it was a draw to force canelo to rematch ggg.
                If I admit it was close gtards claim I know canelo robbed him

Comment

• Canelo made ggg miss a lot and look clumsy at times.

Comment

• Great fight, It was exactly how I thought it would be, very competitive for 6 and then canelo gassed slightly and Golovkin took over, he was the clear winner here for me but tbf like I put in another thread before the fight, canelo will always get the benefit of the doubt and without securing knockdowns or hurting him it was going to be tough to get a decision.

Lastly even if you thought canelo won (which is fine) 118-110 is a disgrace and was never in a million years that wide.

Comment

• A. Byrd is a dumb ***** and shows why Feminism is a cancer that has even reached boxing - CJ Ross had May-Canelo a draw.

Feminist Affirmative Action is going to destroy sports - it's already destroying boxing and the NFL clearly.... The other sports will soon follow.

Comment

Working...
                      X