Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG: My Whole Career I've Been Denied Fights - Now That Ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Martinez was winding down his career when Golovkin became relevant.

Martinez was at the stage of his career where he had done the grind and was looking to cash out with money fights.

Just like Golovkin is doing now.

Charlo thinks that he is the best middleweight, and I don't see Gennady rushing over to hand him his "opportunity"..... just like Martinez was in no hurry to face Golovkin.

When it became obvious that a fight with May/Pac would never eventuate (and yes, he offered to fight Mayweather at 154 and Pac at 150) Martinez chased that Cotto fight with every ounce of life in his being..... no way would he risk fk'ing that up with Golovkin, just like Golovkin will not risk fk'ing up the Canelo payday for Charlo

but yea, lets call it something different..... despite the fact that Martinez - who was a blown up JMW - already proved that he would fight anyone beating much bigger fighters in Williams/Pavlik

his body just managed to hold together long enough to sign the contract to fight Cotto..... Golovkin - along with everyone else - should show Martinez more respect..... that was the exact same situation with Calzaghe/Froch..... timing

and Golovkin passed on Cotto/Canelo, refusing to fight both of those guys at catchweight..... despite all that 154-168 rubbish, and despite the fact that those guys weighed 153/155 respectively..... eventually agreeing to fight Canelo

Golovkin would not lift his little finger, or make the slightest concession, in order to land those fights..... he sat there and waited for it to fall into his lap..... so,

Well technically Martinez did duck GGG but I don't think anyone could or should blame him for the very reasons you mentioned. The guys knees were shot and he knew he didn't have much time left. Why get in with a relatively unknown killer like GGG when he could fight Cotto for more money? Doing otherwise would have been insane.

As usual, the rest of what you wrote is complete horse***** but I think you're spot on with regards to Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
      What fights has he deserved that he was denied?
      GGG's name carried zero cachet when Sergio Martinez was champ.
      As I said in my previous post. Martinez's knees made his time in the ring very short. Technically he did duck GGG but circumstances being what they were I don't think anyone should crap on him for it. He made the best decision for his career. And its not like he fought a bum. He fought a future Hall of Famer.

GGG refused to acknowledge Erislandry Lara calling him out years ago,
      Lara called him out but did so at a division below GGG. Meanwhile GGG has steadily increased the quality of his opposition while Lara has gone from fighting the likes of Canelo and Trout to fighting Yuri Foreman.

and he's only ever dreamed of fighting the 147lb & 154lb superstars. Cotto avoided him, but he would have been forced to fight him if he had not lost to Canelo first.
      Anyone who is anyone from 135 to 160 prayed to eventually get a shot at one of those guys (Mayweather, Pac-man, Cotto, Canelo). GGG is no different.

If Cotto won he would have dropped the belt even faster than Canelo did rather than face GGG.

Now GGG is getting Canelo. GGG could have conceivably gotten fights against Cotto and/or Canelo much sooner if he hadn't been so unwilling to budge during negotiations.
      Firstly, Cotto would never ever get in the ring with GGG. Never. Its not even worthwhile mentioning him as a possibility. Cotto knows better. His punches didn't bother Canelo and he sure as ***** wasn't gonna hurt GGG without a bat.

GGG got the Canelo fight without having to drop to a catchweight. That's a win. The fight also could have been made earlier if Canelo wasn't so unwilling to budge in negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        I don't deal in speculation, so take that elsewhere. If you accept step-aside money, you weren't ducked.
        Its not speculation when one guy gave up the belt immediately after the fight and the other guy ran back down to a lower weight class to fight a Japanese punching bag for a paper title.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          Funny how gggroupies say canelos been ducking ggg for yrs despite him being only 5'8" & still being able to make jmw when guys like liam smith didn't even make weight in last fight & lost title because of it.

Funny how GGG haters can defend Canelo ducking GGG for years because Canelo was a junior middleweight WHILE mentioning that Canelo won a middleweight belt. CANELO WON A MIDDLEWEIGHT BELT. Who cares if he won it while at a weight under 160. It was a middleweight belt that he won. That's GGG's division. He stepped up to GGG's division and then ran the **** away.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            He could've fought Charlo/Lara/Andrade/trout/at 160 who were calling him out for ages,
            All but one of those mother****ers have spent those ages fighting at 154. Its easy to call someone out when you don't have to do anything to actually back it up.
            but chose a ww sellout instead who sold him his 0,& he didn't even cw brook to afford him slight handicap,he just cried Kahn jumping 8 lbs is a disgrace,then made brook jump 13 lbs to full 160.
            for ****s sake. Brook wasn't chosen by GGG. GGG settled on Brook when Brook's own promoter offer him the deal when his other fighter's diva antics threatened to derail the entire promotion. GGG settled on Brook. Canelo actively chose Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              Its not speculation when one guy gave up the belt immediately after the fight and the other guy ran back down to a lower weight class to fight a Japanese punching bag for a paper title.
              Yaaaaaaaawwwwwn.

GGG defense force in action.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Ward was at 168 at the time & got free from his former promoter challenged lil g OFFICIALLY & within 36 minutes lil g & team said NO & there was a 1 fight clause where each fighter can have a fight before they would actually fight. lil g denied Ward at a shot to fight him period but lil g wanted Floyd or Pacquiao then Nelo, it's the money he is chasing.....
                Once again, Ward hasn't even reached 168 for a fight since 2013. All that noise about a fight with GGG is bull*****. There is no guarantee he could have even made 168 for a fight with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Yaaaaaaaawwwwwn.

GGG defense force in action.
                  "peeleft:"peeleft: GGG hater force in action. My point was based upon facts and not speculation. Both guys left the mdidleweight division behind after their fight. Facts are facts whether they support your position or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    Your anti ggg agenda is shining through here it's hard to take you seriously. First why would ggg mention charlo at this point? He made his me debut in July, the canelo fight was signed in May. So you want him to talk about fighting charlo whilst preparing for the biggest fight of his life? I'm not even a massive ggg fan but it makes me laugh when I see posts like this blatantly ignoring all logic and reason just to **** on someone

There was definitely a crossover period in 2012/2013 where ggg and Martinez could have fought.

As for refusing to fight cotto and canelo unless it was at the mw limit good on him. If you want the belts to be in play it's only right the fight takes place at the full limit.

You will pull your hair out talking to that moron. He says things he knows are wrong just to say it. He knows damn well Martinez ducked ggg for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      No, I just get brain washed easy like 80% of fans do. Jacobs beat this man. Try boxing for a little while & it might help your prospective some.
                      That's hilarious, cause I actually have boxed and still do it for fun from time to time/exercise. Nice try at deflecting it. What next, you're going to claim I haven't sparred before, or fought? Because I have as I stated above. That still doesn't change all three judges, my opinion, and many others that Golovkin won.

But again, nice way of trying to deflect things elsewhere. Nobody is getting brain washed, you just can't admit otherwise that what you wished happened didn't. You're biased and would put any close fight against GGG. At the end of the day, all three judges saw it as a Golovkin win. Let's not pretend Jacobs isn't American, the fight wasn't hosted in his home state, and all three judges are American. Clearly the fight was rigged and three judges (damn, when was the last time you saw 3 judges bought out?) cheated Jacobs. But go ahead, cry that it was a robbery, when it wasn't, cause we all know the truth: you're biased and nobody really should consider anything you say because of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X