Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    oh so we sh**ting on lopez now?...lol

that could work both ways...

lopez fought who they put in front of him, floyd fought who floyd put in front of him, complete with a-side advantages...as if he needed a 50 foot ring to beat berto or maidana on the cards...or chop wood to beat an already sparked out manny on the cards...

the people wanted floyd vs khan on the poll, floyd fights maidana...floyd vs. mcgregor...a guy who is 0-0 in boxing when he had a smorgesbord of hungry lions who would challenge that 0. and folks have nerve to talk about any old school fighters comp...
    No I am responding to your notion that Lopez "fought the stiffest comp he could get his mitts on right up to the finish line"

That is pure nonsense and completely untrue.

And added to that, simply pointing out that Floyd's level of opposition is on a whole different level to Lopez'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Not everyone can beat tough veteran journeyman to win a title. See Salido, Orlando.
      so thats the excuse now that baldimir ain't going to the hof no time soon, and he had 9 losses to boot...anything to come to the rescue....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
        You need to account for the retirements when the Divisions started to heat up > Not 21 consecutive years at all.

I don't agree with a lot of what is posted about Floyd, But he ducked Marg HARD! guys. When someone has been defeated the mental health aspects always come into play, especially on a world stage and boxing is full of people who can't adjust to the cultural shift of their reputation.

Floyd is not surrounded by stupid people. He will have advisors and planners due to the revenue he could generate as an undefeated fighter, so risk assessments would be undertaken to ensure that continues. Once the model has been established, the marketing changes (TBE, TMT etc) and the focus moves to legacy, which can extend a career long after retirement and keep the moola rolling in.

Danny Garcia lost against the first undefeated fighter he faced and he is not the first.

The real risk to Floyd is the people still involved in boxing, some of which no longer make money from him and loyalties change. I fully expect Floyd's career to be dismantled over the coming years and not just on these boards.

I strongly feel there will be some detrimental disclosure regarding Floyd once a new poster boy has been identified. It's simple and boxing has been doing it for decades-change the past to enhance the future.

I just hope they don't introduce any more pointless belts to justify poor fights.
        Floyd asked Bob for Cotto and Margarito then DeLaHoya. This is a proven fact. The Margarito myth is a weird one with those who want to discredit Floyd. Did we not see him get outboxed easily by Daniel Santos twice. Did we not see Clottey easily outbox him until he started freaking out about his broken hand? Did we not see him lose a firefight against Paul Williams. Did we not see him get beat from pillar to post by Shane? So why in heavens name do we think he would have beaten a guy who has never lost?

You can not dismantle a career that we saw happen in the ring?

History will look at Floyd career in a great light. His career is an improbable one.

He is undefeated, untied. Never been dominated, never been on his behind. He has 10 years of physical superiority and 10 years as cerebral mastermind. Look at all the fighters that have come and gone in his era. Look at even the other stars from his Olympic team.

He signed the richest contracts, he was his own promoter.

It's a shame that boxing fans and boxing pundits hate him so much. This sport would be in a better place if he was given his due. Most sports celebrate their legends.

Comment

so thats the excuse now that baldimir ain't going to the hof no time soon, and he had 9 losses to boot...anything to come to the rescue....
          Salido isn't HOF either. The point is that while you minimize beating tough veterans when its Floyd, there are boxers that are allegedly top p4p fighters with great skill that lost to tough veterans.

Is beating Baldomir a big deal, no. Is it better than losing to say Salido, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            No I am responding to your notion that Lopez "fought the stiffest comp he could get his mitts on right up to the finish line"

That is pure nonsense and completely untrue.

And added to that, simply pointing out that Floyd's level of opposition is on a whole different level to Lopez'.
            so now lopez can't get his props for beating 51 guys without a loss, and the 1 guy he drew with, he avenged?...so floyd can get all kinds of cats slobbing on him for beating all those paper champs, hopkins can get props for beating two divisions smaller, mediocre middleweights, and lopez can't get no respect?...lopez wasn't no cash cow, nor was he in control of who he fought...

floyd fought guys who on paper have names and reps but come fight time you had to roll 'em in the ring with a wheelchair, or they were so green that you had to keep reminding them what corner of the ring to go to in between rounds..., and he still needed every conceivable advantage that he could get..

oscar de la hoya...now THATs a dude who fought the stiffest comp in their prime all the way through...if the dudes demons wasn't out there so hard, you'd be giving him the props he deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Salido isn't HOF either. The point is that while you minimize beating tough veterans when its Floyd, there are boxers that are allegedly top p4p fighters with great skill that lost to tough veterans.

Is beating Baldomir a big deal, no. Is it better than losing to say Salido, yes.
              i'm not discussing salido

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                why doesn't anyone talks about this when they talk about a record?
                Because most of it was accomplished at 105. He missed out on potential fights with Humberto Gonzalez and Michael Carbajal just 3 lbs. north of straweight.

That's not to say his accomplishments aren't impressive. It's just that once he retired, fans stopped giving a **** about the straweight division.

Comment

so now lopez can't get his props for beating 51 guys without a loss, and the 1 guy he drew with, he avenged?...so floyd can get all kinds of cats slobbing on him for beating all those paper champs, hopkins can get props for beating two divisions smaller, mediocre middleweights, and lopez can't get no respect?...lopez wasn't no cash cow, nor was he in control of who he fought...

floyd fought guys who on paper have names and reps but come fight time you had to roll 'em in the ring with a wheelchair, or they were so green that you had to keep reminding them what corner of the ring to go to in between rounds..., and he still needed every conceivable advantage that he could get..

oscar de la hoya...now THATs a dude who fought the stiffest comp in their prime all the way through...if the dudes demons wasn't out there so hard, you'd be giving him the props he deserves...
                  Again the comparision between Floyd and Lopez or Hopkins or Oscar is irrelevant and nothing to do with what I quoted.

You said that Lopez fought the stiffest competition he could all the way to the finish line. That is completely false.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Again the comparision between Floyd and Lopez or Hopkins or Oscar is irrelevant and nothing to do with what I quoted.

You said that Lopez fought the stiffest competition he could all the way to the finish line. That is completely false.
                    No get it right. I referenced a fight where he drew with a guy that a lot of cats thought he lost. That was his 48th fight and usually the time when dominant guys start to slow down. That led me to believe that he was still trying to grind hard, whereas at the same stage, Floyd is fighting an already sparked out pac, a never was in berto, and mcgregor forgettaboutit.

Comment

hold up...didn't lopez fight to a draw in his final fight? correct me if i am wrong, and a lot of cats thought he got a gift, which tells me he was fighting the stiffest comp he could get his mitts on all the way to the finish line...

who did floyd fight in the end? berto and mcgregor...

you truly brainwashed...
                      lol....this is hilarious he won his last fight via ko

Comment

Working...
                      X