No announcement yet.

Finito López 51-0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    hold up...didn't lopez fight to a draw in his final fight? correct me if i am wrong, and a lot of cats thought he got a gift, which tells me he was fighting the stiffest comp he could get his mitts on all the way to the finish line...

who did floyd fight in the end? berto and mcgregor...

you truly brainwashed...
    That's nonsense.

Everyone wanted Lopez to move up and fight better competition as oppose to the ghost town he defended his title in but he never did.

Floyd's competition is on a whole other planet compared to Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post
      yeah he had a draw but it hurts me to say this but as probably Mayweather biggiest fan on this forum I gotta say mayweather better thanks tony weeks who didnt call teh fight and make mayweather see the doctor in the first maidana fight when mayweather was crying to tony weeks that he couldnt see cause it would have been a NC cause 4 rounds havent been completed. Mayweather is mad at tony weeks cause weeks ignored him but it was a blessing in disguise.

I keep it all the way real, so people gonna come in here and hate on this statement but its true. Its a fact mayweather was pandering to the ref tony weeks looking for help kept saying "I CANT SEE, I CANT SEE". Now if tony weeks the ref would have listened to mayweather and paused the fight for him to see the doctor and they would have called the fight cause YOU CANT SEE and since its before 4 rounds were completed it would have become a NC.
      until you have threatened to kill a public figure that has criticized mayweather you arent the biggest floyd fan. that award goes to.......mr larryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy xxx!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        until you have threatened to kill a public figure that has criticized mayweather you arent the biggest floyd fan. that award goes to.......mr larryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy xxx!!!
        don't forget the dude that shot someone after arguing about Floyd. He's obviously way worse than Larry.

Comment

As much as I don't care about the "record", I love how hurt and salty it makes some posters here.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            That's nonsense.

Everyone wanted Lopez to move up and fight better competition as oppose to the ghost town he defended his title in but he never did.

Floyd's competition is on a whole other planet compared to Lopez.

early in his career when he was pretty boy, yeah, but post hatton? gtfoh....shane, pac, & cotto had already been broke down....took the vaca when those guys were really peak, or at least closer to it, and left margarito and williams out to rot...

then the last 3 to 5 fights you had spence, crawford, thurman, garcia, khan that floyd could have fought instead of berto and mcgregor...i don't give a two s**ts about how much better the fight is $ wise...he ain't fight the stiffest comp available either...

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I don't pay much attention to the Marciano and then Mayweather records. Chavez won his first 80 or more fights with no draws and no split decisions, only KOs or UDs, He could have retired undefeated and they would have more than 30 fights to go to even tie his record. He didn't retire even though he was old and past prime. Because he lost fights in his old age his undefeated record no longer counts to the bean counters. It still counts to me. Being undefeated is good but it doesn't mean you are better than other great fighters who may have lost or had a draw.Lopez was a fantastic boxer and the draw doesn't change that.
              I know this sounds messed up, but with South American fighters I tend to overlook their records. Usually their amateur programs are garbage so they get the amateur experience by just fighting sanctioned bouts. Not to mentioned there are one or two fights Chavez lost closely but was ruled in his favor.

Comment

early in his career when he was pretty boy, yeah, but post hatton? gtfoh....shane, pac, & cotto had already been broke down....took the vaca when those guys were really peak, or at least closer to it, and left margarito and williams out to rot...

then the last 3 to 5 fights you had spence, crawford, thurman, garcia, khan that floyd could have fought instead of berto and mcgregor...i don't give a two s**ts about how much better the fight is $ wise...he ain't fight the stiffest comp available either...
                Regardless his competition was light years ahead of Lopez'.

Most of Lopez competition was complete garbage even the decent fighters he did fight weren't that good.

Stayed in a weak division for years when he was being called to move up and fight better fighters.

Comment

Please man. He beat a prime Carlos Baldmir if ya want to put it that way.
                  Not everyone can beat tough veteran journeyman to win a title. See Salido, Orlando.

Comment

Most of Lopez competition was complete garbage even the decent fighters he did fight weren't that good.

Stayed in a weak division for years when he was being called to move up and fight better fighters.
                    He has no more of an idea who Lopez fought than GhostofDempsey did Sor. Guys like them will gerrymander whatever the discussion is to criticize Floyd.

Comment

oh so we sh**ting on lopez now?...lol

that could work both ways...

lopez fought who they put in front of him, floyd fought who floyd put in front of him, complete with a-side advantages...as if he needed a 50 foot ring to beat berto or maidana on the cards...or chop wood to beat an already sparked out manny on the cards...

the people wanted floyd vs khan on the poll, floyd fights maidana...floyd vs. mcgregor...a guy who is 0-0 in boxing when he had a smorgesbord of hungry lions who would challenge that 0. and folks have nerve to talk about any old school fighters comp...

Comment

Working...
                      X