Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward Beats Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny because I think Kovalev can move up and beat a lot of these cruiserweights as well. But dummies will be dummies.

All of a sudden they turn my thread into a race war lol.

Whatever I'm done here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      So where are these people for Deontay Wilder? or Demetrius Andrade? There's no hype for Thurman by the black posters, why? Robert Easter? Everyone is in agreement that Lomachenko beats Davis.

So where's the love for all these black fighters? Where are the "next fighter of the decade" threads for these good, young, black fighters?
      Shut the **** up *****.

Comment

No chance, Usyk is too big too strong. Plus a lot better than Kovalev. He actually goes to the body.

Comment

Ward is better P4P obviously but imo he slowed a lot when he moved to LHW, a move up 25lbs to CW could be a step to far.

Ward isnt like a Roy Jones where he can go a whole fight with his opponent not getting close to him.

I would take Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
            I think if Usyk was black we would be seeing "Usyk next fighter of the decade" threads.
            Well just like if Ward were full white he'd have a huge mainstream appeal. If usyk was black he'd get more credit from some people but would be hated by others

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              It's funny because I think Kovalev can move up and beat a lot of these cruiserweights as well. But dummies will be dummies.

Whatever I'm done here.
              Cruiserweights are big boys, the jump from 175 to 200 might be the hardest on in boxing. I wouldn't be sure about neither Kovalev nor Ward. Maybe they can beat someone like Bellew or shot fighters like Lebedev and Huck, but against Usyk or Gassiev they would probably be overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                Shut the **** up *****.
                Exactly, you made a dumb post pulling the race card and now you have **** to say when asked for examples of current young black fighters that are comparable to Usyk in resume and aren't being hyped by the AA community. Cause those threads don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

Whatever I'm done here.

Which top Cruiserweights would you pick him against? Possibly Bellew even then at CW I wouldn't be so sure.
                  Breidis puts him out cold, Gassiev would split him in half to the body, Usyk stops Kovalev in 4-6 lop sided rounds, Dorticos K.Os him, Kudryashov lands one shot he's likely going to end his life for real. Even a faded Lebedev probably K.Os him badly.

I like Kovalev but he's not the most physically or mentally toughest of LHWs, his power isn't going to be a factor at the weight certainly not against the legitimate top guys. Guys like Gassiev would quite literally walk through his power.

Comment

Yikes, Kev went ape schit on Pechorin. But it's true that these sort of racial arguments are often not actually based on any real evidence.

Comment

Kovalev always has physical advtanages at LHW, he'd have none at Cruiserweight and would be dwarfed.
                      A lot of these guys are 6ft3 and walk around at a genuine 225. He's a big LHW but a small as hell CW.

I don't think he'd move up well. Bellew has the frame for CW, Kovalev doesn't have a big frame.
                      His stamina isn't great either and would be even worse with the added weight.

I don't see it maybe he'd beat or have a good chance against a more vulnerable guy like a Makabu but against the elite, tried and tested he gets badly laid out.

Comment

Working...
                      X