Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Rips Adonis Stevenson For Failing To Unify in Past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    but, that is the very definition of a light heavyweight

they have to make 175, to fight a light heavyweight opponent

Ward did neither of those things

and neither did Canelo when he campaigned at 155

middleweight's make 160, to fight a middleweight opponent

Canelo did neither of those things, just like Ward

just like Garcia and Peterson were not welters at 141

Canelo fought 2 world middleweight title fights - the sanctioned weight limit for both those fights was 160lbs.

B .. b .. b ... but ..

Last edited by kafkod; 09-03-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Technically, Ward vs Paul Smith was a cruiserweight fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        First of all, just because HBO pushed the narrative that Kovalev was #1 doesn't mean he actually was #1. Last time I checked Stevenson still was the lineal and wbc champ and has a better resume. (Don't tell me bwt Kovalev beating a 49 year old and call that a good resume).

Secondly, isn't it hyper hypocritical to slam Stevenson for not unifying the division, while in the same sentence basically praising Ward for ducking Stevenson, thereby avoiding a unification himself?

I mean, this clearly is the pinnacle of hypocrisy isn't it?
        No. It's not hypocritical, because there are other determing factors.

Factors like Ward actually PROVED his greatness, while chickenson has fought, mostly, soft touches since winning the WBC belt.

I don't understand fans like you, that put such a low standard on a fighter' s willingness to fight anyone at any time!

A fighter like Ali would have been knocking Kovs fking door down trying to get a fight with him!

I place guys who talk the talk, AND THEN ACTUALLY BACK IT UP, waaaaayyyyy higher then things like who's the lineal champ. That many times is BS anyway.

I support BAD ASS MTHR FKRS, not p u s s y s who hide!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          this is an accurate description of a light-heavy.....

they have to make 175, to fight a light heavyweight opponent

it perfectly describes Sergey Kovalev

it perfectly describes Adonis Stevenson

it did not describe Andre Ward or Paul Smith in June 2015

what is difficult to understand about that ?

let's leave it, I thought you were better than that
          You think a light heavyweight HAS to make 175? lol

Look, you seem like a respectful poster so please don't make me embarass you by making a poll thread and seeing who is right.

Just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Canelo fought 2 world middleweight title fights - the sanctioned weight limit for both those fights was 160lbs.

B .. b .. b ... but ..

he fought Cotto at 155, you clown

and Cotto weighed 153, you clown

then he fought Khan at..... who fkn cares, because it was Khan

trust you to be a fuktard

Apr 26, 2016
            " I’m not a middleweight,” Alvarez told a group of reporters recently. “I’m a super welterweight. That’s my weight class. However, I wanted to fight this fight [against Khan] for some sort of title "
            http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-im...-title--103861

Sep 18 2016
            Canelo Alvarez Knocks Out Liam Smith to win WBO Junior Middleweight title

you are a tool, as usual

Comment

• Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              and why didnt kov lose any credibility when he ducked the purse bid to fight stevenson? color? race? media? let me know..please
              Because Kovalev backed it up fighting people like Hopkins, Pascal, Ward etc. Who has Stevenson been fighting the past couple of years?! His last fight was against Fonfara who got cleaned up in a round against Baby Joe Smith. Ward is the king at 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
                Technically, Ward vs Paul Smith was a cruiserweight fight

" technically "..... Bruce Jenner is a man

that was a catchweight fight, against a super-middleweight opponent, as Ward gradually worked his way back down to 168 following a 2 year layoff

that was designed so that Ward did not have to shed too much weight in one camp

and that was CLEARLY stated in the buildup to that fight

anyone who thinks that made Ward a genuine light-heavyweight most likely also thinks that Sugar Ray Leonard is a genuine light-heavyweight

and if we are not talking about " genuine ", then who fkn cares

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                  Because Kovalev backed it up fighting people like Hopkins, Pascal, Ward etc. Who has Stevenson been fighting the past couple of years?! His last fight was against Fonfara who got cleaned up in a round against Baby Joe Smith. Ward is the king at 175.
                  bhop left showtime for less money to avoid adoins and fight kovalev on hbo...so once again..i ask u how are u downing adonis?

fighting around the lineal champion isnt the way boxing works homie..

every name in tht paragraph u mentione literally ahs turned donw a stevenson fight...this is 100% true

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    You think a light heavyweight HAS to make 175? lol

Look, you seem like a respectful poster so please don't make me embarass you by making a poll thread and seeing who is right.

Just stop.

ummm.....

what the fk is wrong with you

of course a light-heavyweight has to make 175 LOL

he does not have to weigh 175, but he most definitely has to make 175

no question LOL

he has to make 175, to fight a light-heavyweight opponent

like Sergey Kovalev does

like Adonis Stevenson does

and like every other fkn light-heavy in the world does

and yet..... Ward did neither of those things

what the fk is wrong with you guys, use some common-sense

and calling Canelo a middleweight for fighting at 155 was utter stupidity

that was 1 fkn pound over the JMW limit LMAO

..... and the lame red cvnt did the exact same thing at 150 when he was campaigning at welter

..... now, why did I not hear people running around calling Canelo a JMW for fighting at 150?..... oh right, because the Golovkin Protection Squad had no interest in Canelo at that point in time

fighting at 155 makes you a lazy unprofessional diva with no respect for your opponent..... but it does not magically turn you into a middleweight
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 09-03-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by etech1 View Post
                      No. It's not hypocritical, because there are other determing factors.

Factors like Ward actually PROVED his greatness, while chickenson has fought, mostly, soft touches since winning the WBC belt.

I don't understand fans like you, that put such a low standard on a fighter' s willingness to fight anyone at any time!

A fighter like Ali would have been knocking Kovs fking door down trying to get a fight with him!

I place guys who talk the talk, AND THEN ACTUALLY BACK IT UP, waaaaayyyyy higher then things like who's the lineal champ. That many times is BS anyway.

I support BAD ASS MTHR FKRS, not p u s s y s who hide!
                      And how many soft touches did Ward fight before the Kovalev fight? You remember that the sanctioning bodies even refused to sanction one of those fights coz of how much of a bum the guy Ward wanted to fight was, or didn't you know that?

Tell me how well has he defended the titles he won from Kovalev? Coz last time I checked Ward wanted to fight Bellew, who happens to be one of Stevenson's left over KO victims.

But you support that ish right? Ward should avoid Stevenson and fight one of his left overs instead?

That's what true champions do right?

Comment

Working...
                      X