Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

None of us are dumb enough to think Bud ducked Lipinets, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I definitely agree with you if he fights a better Q score opponent that changes how this looks at the moment. But what if he fights Alex Saucedo or Adrian Granados next?
    I would be fine with anyone in the TRBR top 5 but I think he is going to 147 to fight.

Comment

I really hope not lmao

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I would be fine with anyone in the TRBR top 5 but I think he is going to 147 to fight.
        I think he'll be moving to 147 too. But lets say he doesn't nor does he schedule a fight at 140 vs a TRBR top 5 guy. Whats your take then?
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 08-31-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          wow really?

those are some weak ass excuses especially since lipinets is ranked #2 right behind garcia and ahead of porgais who's at number 7.

and you know as well as we all know that TC can tell TR to get him the mando fight to get it out of the way etc?

oh and Amir Imam is ranked #1 by wbc not porgais

please try using some different excuses oh and remember Crawford himself said that "belts matter"
          what do you mean excuses? If you know the deal behind the accelerated purse bid by the IBF then you know why TR said he was moving up.

Ok Imam instead of Porgais, my mistake. As I said to Eff P, anyone in the top 5 at 140 is fine with me.TRBR-Mikey, Lipinets, Granados or Broner.

Comment

If TC fights Mikey at 140 or moves up to 147, who cares but if he stays ar 140 and fights someone else then yes, its problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think he'll be moving to 147 too. But lets say he doesn't nor does he schedule a fight at 140 vs a TRBR top 5 guy. Whats your take then?
              I'm fine with that. Crawford vacated because the IBF ordered a purse bid so quickly after he just fought. He just defeated Indongo to win all the belts. I see no problem with taking the most lucrative defense against any of the mandos or the most lucrative defense against a top 5 TRBR ranked opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                I had high hopes gor crawford but he disappointed. Its obvious he ducked sergey. Of all that belts he dropped the one where he has to fight him. The boy is scared of him. Kinda surprising

Edit: didnt mean to reply to you. Thought i was leaving a regular comment
                or maybe http://www.************.com/2017/08/...s-ordered-ibf/
                Saturday night to defeat IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Julius Indongo (22-1, 11 KOs) to become the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO 140 lb. champion, but unfortunately the IBF has now ordered him to face his IBF mandatory challenger Sergey Lipinets.

The decision by the International Boxing Federation to push the 29-year-old Crawford to quickly defend his IBF title against #1 IBF Lipinets puts him in a position where he’s going to need to start vacating his titles right away. Of course, Crawford can go ahead and defend his IBF belt against Lipinets but it’s not a big money and it likely won’t bring him much fame on ESPN.

The IBF has sent letters to Lipinets and Crawford management to start the negotiations for a fight, according to Dan Rafael. There will be a purse bid on September 17th if the two fighters’ management are unable to make a deal. However, Lipinets’ promoters reportedly want an immediate purse bid. The purse bid is scheduled for August 31. This was a smart move by Lipinets’ management, as it’ll likely result in Crawford giving up his IBF belt fast

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                  or maybe http://www.************.com/2017/08/...s-ordered-ibf/
                  Saturday night to defeat IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Julius Indongo (22-1, 11 KOs) to become the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO 140 lb. champion, but unfortunately the IBF has now ordered him to face his IBF mandatory challenger Sergey Lipinets.

The decision by the International Boxing Federation to push the 29-year-old Crawford to quickly defend his IBF title against #1 IBF Lipinets puts him in a position where he’s going to need to start vacating his titles right away. Of course, Crawford can go ahead and defend his IBF belt against Lipinets but it’s not a big money and it likely won’t bring him much fame on ESPN.

The IBF has sent letters to Lipinets and Crawford management to start the negotiations for a fight, according to Dan Rafael. There will be a purse bid on September 17th if the two fighters’ management are unable to make a deal. However, Lipinets’ promoters reportedly want an immediate purse bid. The purse bid is scheduled for August 31. This was a smart move by Lipinets’ management, as it’ll likely result in Crawford giving up his IBF belt fast
                  Nah its a duck. If anything the rushed purse bid would of had him active while he waits for horn-pacquiao 2. That fight isnt even finalized yet. Nice try with the excuse though

Comment

Put the blame on Lipinet's team and the IBF where it belongs.

The language of the IBF in sanctioning the unification was this:

"The contracts shall not include any clause that will interfere with the mandatory defense of the IBF Jr. Welterweight title. Julius Indongo and [Terence] Crawford must agree in writing that they will fight the IBF Jr. Welterweight Mandatory within 90 days of the August 19, 2017 bout or by Saturday November 17, 2017," explained Peoples. "(They) must agree in writing to indemnify, hold harmless and otherwise reimburse the IBF for any legal fees or other expenses related to the granting of this exception, including but not limited to, the cost attendant to any resultant litigation.

"Julius Indongo and [Terence] Crawford will comply with all of the conditions set forth in the granting of this exception or formal sanction will not issue for the proposed bout on August 19, 2017. The IBF will not consider any future Exception or Unification requests until the IBF Jr. Welterweight Champion completes his IBF Mandatory obligation."

Crawford wins the IBF belt, Lipinets' team immediately presses for the purse bid (originally scheduled for Sept 17th), and the IBF goes with it allowing the purse bid to be moved up to today. This after allowing the champion prior (Indongo) 2 exemptions.

So, IMO, it doesn't matter who Crawford fights next.

It can't be a duck if the man was only given 11 days to make a decision.

That's just not how boxing works, especially with an elite fighter.

Comment

Crawford-Horn in November.

Comment

Working...
                      X