No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Avin1973 View Post
    I keep thinking there's some kind of arrangement between Connor and Floyd... Connor is going to win and start a boxing career (bad or good, doesn't matter) where he could get far more money than in UFC... than there's a rematch and Floyd wins.
    Na. Floyds ego precludes that. Floyd would not sell his 0 for any amount of cash. His identity and thus himself would crumble. The only agreement between the two is that Floyd will let Conner get a few licks in for the fans and to justify the price tag. Otherwise I see and even more embarrassing whip out that Floyd v Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by james240 View Post
      That was the most cringe and amateurish press conference i have seen.
      Is this the first final press conference you have seen?

Comment

• This fight will be fixed in the sense that Floyd will fight to Conor's level until he decides to finish things. If Floyd fights as an elite boxer from the get go, Conor is going to look embarrassingly bad...If Conor wasn't making so much money, you'd feel bad for him...

I bet there's even an agreement that Floyd not hurt Conor too bad. The difference in skill, speed, athleticism is astronomical...What might happen though, is that Floyd lets Conor get a few licks in... but maybe he catches Floyd with something and that pisses Floyd off, and Floyd says fuc*k it and unleashes on Conor...

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Na. Floyds ego precludes that. Floyd would not sell his 0 for any amount of cash. His identity and thus himself would crumble. The only agreement between the two is that Floyd will let Conner get a few licks in for the fans and to justify the price tag. Otherwise I see and even more embarrassing whip out that Floyd v Canelo.

Right, there's no way Floyd takes a dive, no matter how lucrative a rematch would be... Floyd should make it a fight though like he did in the first Maidana fight... I expect Floyd to pick off Conor on the outside with the jab and counter right, then let Conor get some punches in like Maidana did on the ropes... rinse and repeat a few times until Floyd goes for the finish... Conor is going to look ridiculous trying to hit Floyd in the center of the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by james240 View Post
            That was the most cringe and amateurish press conference i have seen.
            Casual spotted

Comment

• SRL: 8 oz gloves is a factor. More speed in smaller gloves.

SRL :Both will benefit from it. 8oz gloves is like punching with your fist.

He also says McGregor can punch.

No doubt about that.

Starts @ 11:05:

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-24-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• When I listed the things necessary to beat Floyd, Conor came up really short on the list.

-Footwork
                -Hand Speed
                -Length
                -Stiff Jab

Those are the 4 main components IMO to giving Mayweather trouble whether orthodox or southpaw.

Conor has no-existent footwork because of where he comes from, his hand speed isn't good but he utilizes timing well(Mayweather does too), his got length on him but not enough, I think at least 4 inches in reach would be necessary to utilize the last part and that's having a stiff jab to control distance and keep that straight right from Money getting thrown.

Conor is going to have to put together a combination of punches to drop Mayweather unless he can simply walk through his punches and no one has ever done that.

Between that and Floyd's footwork, hand speed and jab/lead right I'm wondering how Conor will get into closing distance. He also has never displayed a consistent hook or an uppercut in his UFC fights. The straight left has been the weapon on choice in mostly all of his victories.

Comment

• lol the mma guy that was on the press conference before and after show says connor has great footwork lol. these people are f'n delusional. think his name is schaub or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by #mandownESJR1 View Post
                    lol the mma guy that was on the press conference before and after show says connor has great footwork lol. these people are f'n delusional. think his name is schaub or something like that
                    Not just the footwork, he couldn't decide who's faster / has more speed / better reaction time. Schaub is a legend for being a numpty even among MMA fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                      You are foookin idiot if you think Floyd agreed to lose his "O"
                      Am I? Too much Money involved. Floyd loves the money.

It's just a feeling, but IF Mayweather loses (and I don't believe he will) what I am supposed to think?

Comment

Working...
                      X